PDA

View Full Version : Ultrastik Support

BadBoyBill
11-15-2008, 08:20 AM
K, so first thanks to www.arcadesrfun.com for sending me an Ultrastik so that I could try and get it working with HyperSpin.

Right now I only have one stick to test with but the results are good. I am now using the stick to turn the wheel.

I have the Ultrastik but I dont have restrictor plates. And from testing the stick that I have I can tell that probably every Ultratik is different on where it reports the 100 percent moved value due to the shaft hitting the metal at the end of its movement in any direction. So on my stick I have the 100 percent value is never reached in any direction but it gets close.
With restrictor plates it could be even less.

So I have the threshold(dead zone) set up so that you can set it yourself to get your stick working properly.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/examples/hs/360.jpg

I will probably make it default at 50 percent as shown above, but the stick stops working at high percentages due to the restriction. But you proably wouldnt want a high percent anyway since that means that you have to move the stick way down to move the wheel in HS.
The lower the percent the smaller the deadzone so you'll barely move your stick and the wheel will turn. Just find the right percent to suit your needs.

I will probably release this on this release, but I cant make any promises on how well it works, its working perfect for me over here but I only have one stick, I dont have any other joypads plugged in. So there could be different situations that might break the 360 working until I finish all the code for joy support.

Thanks.

miguelsluma
11-15-2008, 09:00 AM
great to hear your bringing it out for testing! got two u360s hooked up, so i cant wait to try it out

mrclean
11-15-2008, 02:32 PM
sweet please send me a beta to test i have 2x u360's along with adaptoid that seems to have issues when it's plugged in, and psone to usb adaptor those i generally leave unplugged unless i specifically am using those emulators. but also always have my snes / and nes usb hooked up all the time in addition to my Turbo Twist 2 from GGG. Currently right now i have my track ball scrolling through the wheel which works, but knowing now that U360 support is about to be available excites me

Twin-X
11-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Yess when it comes out i fully migrate to hyperspin!!!:dancing2:

enderwiggen22
11-27-2008, 10:37 PM
I've got a cab w/ 2 360s on it. Let me know if you need any additional testing done (= no more joytokey).