PDA

View Full Version : Hyperspin not responding when i exit mame

gnochi
01-15-2009, 01:52 PM
I have tried M.A.M.E. and mameui and it happens in both. I can get into any game, but when i hit the esc. key everything freezes. This is new to me. My display setting are the same for Hyperspin and my monitor. This is a brand new computer for a new cab. I don't have any controller attatched yet. Both mame programs work fine by themselves, but through hyperspin i cannot exit out of a game and return to hyperspin. Any suggestions for a newbee?
thanks
gnochi

brian_hoffman
01-15-2009, 02:13 PM
IS hyperlaunch true or false? Try toggling between the two and report back.

gnochi
01-15-2009, 02:26 PM
It is false, when i change it in mame to true it says mame is an invalid system name and mame is unsupported.

gnochi
01-15-2009, 07:25 PM
still not working. i actually have to ctrl alt del to quit hyperspin (not responding) and when i get back to windows the taskbar is gone??? By themselves Mame and mameui work fine.?

BadBoyBill
01-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Did you change the mame area in hyperlaunch, you should never see a message saying mame is an unsupported system. Please try to launch a game, then when it quits, post your log file for us to see.

Hazzard
06-07-2009, 09:15 AM
I am having the same problem now.. Just installed on a new XP pro sp2..

Any solution out there?

Dazz
06-07-2009, 09:22 AM
What version of MAME are you using?

Mame.exe?

Mame 64 (vmame.exe)?

mameui?

Hazzard
06-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey!

I am running PC games only. it works on my Asus Eee but not on my intel mini itx board.

Dazz
06-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey!

I am running PC games only. it works on my Asus Eee but not on my intel mini itx board.

What version of MAME are you trying to use?

Hazzard
06-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Well, I`m not using mame at all... Just my Pro Pinball games. Using the PC Games preset found here I am able to launch and play, but when exiting the game and awaiting Hyperspin, i get a black screen and Hyperspin hangs, leaving me trying to ctrl alt delete for a while until it quits.

Dazz
06-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh, I guess I was assuming that you were using MAME since you posted in the "Hyperspin not responding when i exit mame" thread.

I'm sorry, but I'm not too sure about PC games. The ones that I run all seem to exit fine.

Hazzard
06-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Oh sorry, my bad..

But still it is strange that it works on my mini-laptop and not my pinball bartop..

The games exit just fine, but hyperspin wont show afterwords-

BadBoyBill
06-07-2009, 11:59 AM
If you click the screen when returning does HyperSpin then work?

Hazzard
06-07-2009, 12:22 PM
You know what? I just tried to copy my hyperspin folder from the laptop to the pincab, and it works now :o

Thank you for your time!

miguelsluma
06-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Wanted to report that i am having thesame problem with the PC-games section.
When i close a game, sometimes i get back into hyperspin, sometimes i dont. It looks like as if hyperspin 'cant push itself to the front' after i quit a pc game. When i press my windows button 2 times i get back into hyperspin. Or when i ctrl alt del to my taskmanager and click on the hyperspin task i get back into hyperspin without any problem. So the program doesnt actually crash.

I have hyperspin and games on thesame resolution as my windows. It looks like this problem is totally random atm. Its happening to all games on every now and then. (like 1 in 4 game-exits).

Perhaps anyone knows how to fix this or is having thesame problem?

BadBoyBill
06-09-2009, 02:45 PM
You could probably have hyperlaunch force HS to the front on exit, maybe WinActivate, HyperSpin or something like that would work in the exit sub. I

miguelsluma
06-11-2009, 09:22 AM
I assume this is not something i can set up manually but should be incorperated into HL? At the moment i think the pc section cannot be launched together with hyperlaunch right? If i put hyperlaunch on true then i am getting an error message when trying to run a pc-game in HS.

SophT
06-11-2009, 11:48 AM
in brief 'no' you can't launch PC games with HyperLaunch.

However, you can trick HS into thinking that PC Games are system roms by setting up a fake 'emulator' (basically a dummy executable)

so your hyperlaunch would look something like:

;------------------PC GAMES----------------

else if (system = "PC Games" & executable = "dummy.exe") {

run, %emupath%%emulator%
runwait, %rompath%%romname%%romextension%
process, waitclose, %emulator%
winactivate, HyperSpin
}

so you basically make a little dummy executable that does nothing (or does something helpful for you like key changes) and launch the PC game like regular, when the PC game exits, you exit the 'dummy' and when that's gone you bring hyperspin into focus.

miguelsluma
06-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks for anwser on that, sounds like a sollution for this!
Would this be something I could alter myself somehow? I opened the hyperlaunch.ahk file in notepad and saw some coding, so perhaps i can add this there?

I really know zip about coding so i guess a little more help would be really appreciated (on what to add exactly, and where in the file) :)

I am off to NYC for 5 days from tomorrow, so if anyone would be so helpfull to guide me through a bit more i might not be reacting for a couple of days.

Hmm, now i think of it, i really should find an arcade supplier there. Not much to get in my country, so that would save me some bucks :D

SophT
06-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I actually have this set up on my cab so I can get you the settings.

miguelsluma
06-11-2009, 03:01 PM
sounds great! would copying your ahk file over mine do the trick perhaps?

SophT
06-11-2009, 05:23 PM
ok here's my actual settings from my setup:

HyperLaunch:

;************************************************* *****PC Games*********************

else if (systemName = "PC Games" && executable = "PCLAUNCHER.exe")
{
hideDesktop()
Hotkey, %exitEmulatorKey%, CloseProcess
Run, %emupath%%executable%
Runwait, %rompath%%romname%%romextension%
Process, Close, %executable%
WinActivate, HyperSpin
}
The Green line isn't actually in my hyperlaunch script - but it is what you would use if you're having trouble re-focusing HyperSpin Still.

PC Games.ini:

[exe info]
path=E:\HyperSpin\Emulators\PC Games\
rompath=E:\HyperSpin\Emulators\PC Games\
userompath=true
exe=PCLAUNCHER.exe
romextension=lnk
parameters=
searchsubfolders=true
pcgame = false
winstate = HIDDEN
hyperlaunch=true
the \pc games\ folder is where you put all your game shortcuts.

here's my PCLAUNCHER.EXE

RWin::return
LWin::return
not much but it disables the windows keys on my keboard so I don't accidentally minimize the game.

hope that helps you.

miguelsluma
06-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Gonna test it in a few days when i get back. Thanks for this, will let you know if it helped!

Beaps
07-30-2009, 07:58 AM
@ SophT

Whats the PCLAUNCHER.EXE

Can you post the .exe?

dpar
07-30-2009, 08:11 AM
The PCLAUNCHER.exe is basically just a dummy exe to use as a place holder if you are going to run it using hyperlaunch. Sopht just made an exe that disables his win keys, you could make one that does whatever you want.

Lashek
07-30-2009, 08:12 AM
PCLAUNCHER.exe appears to just be a compiled AHK script. According to SophT's post, open notepad, and paste the following in:

RWin::return
LWin::return

Save this file as PCLAUNCHER.ahk, then install AutoHotKey, right click PCLAUNCHER.ahk and choose Compile.

This should create PCLAUNCHER.exe for you. This just stops the windows buttons on the keyboard from returning you to windows. :)

SophT
07-30-2009, 08:28 AM
yup. that's all it does.

Hyperlaunch requires 2 variables to be passed:

executable
rom

well when your 'rom' is an executable (PC Game) you don't have an executable to launch, so I just made the dummy one, and decided to give it some functionality.

it could very easily do nothing.

exitapp

Beaps
07-30-2009, 09:50 AM
I was dredding settup up PC games as I knew it would be tough.

I have all my shortcuts in a folder called with a dummy PCLAUNCHER.exe
D:\PC Games\Shortcuts

The PC games are installed in
D:\PC Games

HL looks like this

;************************************************* *****PC Games*********************

else if (systemName = "PC Games" && executable = "PCLAUNCHER.exe")
{
hideDesktop()
Hotkey, %exitEmulatorKey%, CloseProcess
Run, %emupath%%executable%
Runwait, %rompath%%romname%%romextension%
Process, Close, %executable%
WinActivate, HyperSpin
}

PC Games.ini

[exe info]
path = D:\PC Games\Shortcuts\
rompath = D:\PC Games\Shortcuts\
userompath=true
exe=PCLAUNCHER.exe
romextension=lnk
parameters=
searchsubfolders=true
pcgame = false
winstate = HIDDEN
hyperlaunch=true

....and when I run HS I get this message.

The shortcuts dont have an extention do they?

astroboy09
09-04-2009, 12:03 AM
hi guys, newbie here, im just starting to explore hyperspin and i got all my SNES emu working. Im currently trying to run PC games. Followed the instructions by sopht on here thoroughly, but im getting an error "cannot find rom -c:\Hyperspin\Emulators\PC Games\Frozen Throne with any provided extension" when trying to run my game (frozen throne is the games' name). Any suggestions? am i missing something?

here is the log in case you need a reference. hope someone could really help me on this. Thanks in advance.

03:52:32 PM | HyperSpin Started
03:52:32 PM | Startup Program Unvavailable
03:52:33 PM | Menu mode is multi
03:52:33 PM | Play intro video is true
03:52:33 PM | Intro video found......adding video
03:52:32 PM | Entering fullscreen mode
03:52:32 PM | Setting resolution to 1024x768 refreshrate is 0
03:53:18 PM | Intro video finished
03:53:19 PM | Menu.xml found
03:53:19 PM | Main Menu.xml loaded
03:53:19 PM | Loading wheel images
03:53:20 PM | Entering Menu
03:54:15 PM | Menu.xml found
03:54:16 PM | PC Games.xml loaded
03:54:16 PM | Loading wheel images
03:54:16 PM | Entering Menu
03:54:24 PM | Pausing Animations
03:54:24 PM | Running HyperLaunch.exe
03:54:25 PM | Command Line is: HyperLaunch.exe "PC Games" "Frozen Throne"
03:54:40 PM | Menu.xml found
03:54:40 PM | Main Menu.xml loaded
03:54:40 PM | Loading wheel images
03:54:41 PM | Entering Menu
03:54:52 PM | Exiting HyperSpin
03:54:52 PM | Quiting program
03:54:52 PM | Exit Program Unvavailable
03:54:52 PM | Bye!

deadsoulz
02-11-2010, 02:41 PM
I actually have this set up on my cab so I can get you the settings.

I would appreciate these settings / dummy.exe if you have it as well. SF4 is the one giving me the no back to hyperspin behavior.