PDA

View Full Version : hyperspin arcade machine wanted cash

blade
03-25-2009, 06:45 AM
hi there everyone i joined this with good intentions of sorting this out myself but have hit so many snags along the way i was wondering if there is anyone who has an arcade cabinet for sale with all the hyperspin stuff set up all working for sale im in the westmidlands and will pay cash for the right one its for my kids ive promised them for ages and havent succeded perhaps then i could ad to the system also i would very much appreciate it maKe three kids happy and give us the parents some peace and quiet please contact me asap and some opics and specs of the system would be awesome thank you

daggerlee
03-25-2009, 09:17 AM
hi there everyone i joined this with good intentions of sorting this out myself but have hit so many snags along the way i was wondering if there is anyone who has an arcade cabinet for sale with all the hyperspin stuff set up all working for sale im in the westmidlands and will pay cash for the right one its for my kids ive promised them for ages and havent succeded perhaps then i could ad to the system also i would very much appreciate it maKe three kids happy and give us the parents some peace and quiet please contact me asap and some opics and specs of the system would be awesome thank you

As much as i would love to help you all i can give you is advice. I am on my second Mame cabinet and i have an arcade in my basement: check link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK7qsQQaohI

Now i have to tell you that building one yourself is the cheapest and most satisfying way to go with these machines. you can buy one, but they are way too expensive. dont forget shipping! check out this link for one for sale:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=mame+machine&_sacat=See-All-Categories

The display cab im building right now can be sold for $12,000 once complete.
It has been a wild ride! Now i've been it the situation like you where these things are hard to learn and there are many MANY milestone to conquer until your project is fully complete. But there is a joy in creating your own masterpiece, and there is GREAT help on many different site like these. So if you are just planing to get the kids out of your hair get them a wii. It will save you time and money.

Hope i helped. Just remember that everyone in this community is there to help each other! i can guarentee that!!

SophT
03-25-2009, 09:27 AM
12 grand my ass! no offense to your work, but I would never ever ever pay that much for a cab. none of the ones you linked to on ebay even touch 3k. what makes yours so much better? (not being hostile - 12k just is a LOT) maybe it if was made of solid gold and diamond crusted spinners :P

that and I built my cab for like $400... (i am pretty jealous of that ninja gaiden cab though)

cathaldub
03-25-2009, 10:53 AM
the display cab im building right now can be sold for $12,000 once complete.

lol

brian_hoffman
03-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Ok guys, This thread is going in the wrong direction fast.

You can get a prebuilt cab from mameroom.com, No issues there.
We dont know how far along into the project you are. Perhaps you need the whole thing. Mameroom is your best bet.

Perhaps your software skills are somewhat lacking. I can see the want for a preconfigured system.

So why not just go with mame room and install HS yourself? If you cannot understand the software its ok. We can help you configure it.

Here is the deal. HS is not a commercial product. There are commercial products with FE's installed. (http://www.dreamauthentics.com/)

HS is driven by themes. Themes that the community make freely, Charging money for thier and others work is un-ethical and not in the scope of this community.

HS is free in itself. Charging money for HS is also not in the scope of this community.

Re-selling Rom images you do not have the licences to is illegal.

Emulation in itself is legal... However not when packaged with roms.

So you will be hard pressed to find a fully configured HS cab for sale with roms and such ready to go. I could imagine if people were to start making a profit off HS people would be upset they are not compensated. After all. It is becuase of the hard work of all contributors that HS is successfull. Why should someothers reap the reward?

Ok Im done with the lecture. The best suggestion I can give you is... Goto mameroom and get a cab. Put a PC in it. Donate to HS and get FTP access. Find the roms yourself. Find the emus yourself. Visit the forum for help.. That's what we are here for. We will help you.

We will not tell you where to find roms... Don't ask.

I hope this has been enlightening.

Brian Hoffman

BTW: Craigslist has mame cabs for sale all the time.. I have no idea what fe's they use. Usually they are from hobbyists that need the money in these hard economic times. Thats another avenue. However the hardware used may be questionable. It probably wont have HS on it.

BYOAC forums are filled with hobyists.. Usually they have one thing in mind.. How to get mame running on thier cab that has a pentium 200 in it.. HS will never run on it.

zaktallica
03-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Yup I bought a beat up mortal kombat 2 cab for 30 bucks painted it slapped a x arcade stick in it used a 22 inch tv that was 20 bucks and a cheap bare bones pc and im up and running just fine..I would post the results but im at work

thesharkfactor
03-25-2009, 12:25 PM
hi mate,
if your in the UK, you can pick up an old jamma cab for cheap (£100 for a nice working one), an old pc for cheap, and a j-pac..from there its easy!..

i have an old electrocoin xenon street fighter II cab which ive mamed with hyperspin. head over to jamma+ forums (sorry cant link so google it), you'll find a cab there and all the help you need to get the cabinet working..

my cabinet cost £125 with a game board.. pc cost £200 built it myself, software is free.. sfII graphics i had made and fitted myself, it didnt look like that when i got it! lol!! lots of work went into it.. probably cost around £450 to get it where it is.. proper jamma arcade machine using a real arcade monitor, perfect mame display!!

shame its not for sale...!!! lol!