PDA

View Full Version : MAME "themes only" questions

Antny
04-30-2010, 07:31 PM
I would like to set up Hyperspin to display only games in my roms folder but only themes that I have. I created a XML file of roms that are in my roms folder with Hyperom2xml. I then checked "clones use parent themes" & checked "themes only". What I get is one version of every game. In other words I get one version of lets say 720 but no other revisions. Souldn't it display all the revisions I have since I have clones use parent themes checked in HyperHQ (and I have the roms in my roms folder)? What also has me confused is if I uncheck themes only but leave "clones use parent" checked I now get all my games displayed but only one version of the game gets the theme. For instance I get the theme to play for 720 rev 4 but rev3, rev 2 etc do not display the theme.

So my ultimate goal is displaygames with themes only but I would like the the other revisions that I have to be on the list and display the theme also.

I hope I was able to make sense. Thanks in advance

SophT
04-30-2010, 07:56 PM
since you did dir2xml - it's going to be incomplete- open up the xml file in an editor and you'll see

<cloneof></cloneof>

and you'll need to manually add
<cloneof>720</cloneof>

for each game

Antny
05-01-2010, 06:37 PM
If i just used the full set xml and hit "themes only" would it give me themes only with the clones also? That is my ultimate goal....

Thanks