Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cab nudging with tilt bobs - filter double presses with ahk script

Thanks

the updated tilt system filters double nudges (i think 100ms after a nudge). works pretty good here with 2 tilt bobs and 1 mercury switch.
    cheers
    chris

46" visual pinball widebody * taito egret 29 candy cabs * indy & star wars pachinkos
    17" bartop with ledwiz rgbleds * 10" bubble bobble & galaga bartop * arm champs 2
    check out hi-res backglasses * best vpin performance * ledwiz config and software

Thanks

Default Tilt Bob setup

I am running 3 tilt bobs in my cabinet too. I may try the capacitor route on my next cabinet for a change of pace. Can you describe exactly what to do with the capacitor for the technically challenged? In the meantime, here's what I did.......

I was trying to find a way to dampen the tilt bob hit. I didn't like the way the tape was working, so I took three wooden dowels about 1" long by 1/4" thick and glued them in a "u" shape around the top of the ground plate. I placed them so that the tilt bob would only contact the metal on one side. The wood acted as a good dampener and I never get a double hit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chriz99 View Post
    the updated tilt system filters double nudges (i think 100ms after a nudge). works pretty good here with 2 tilt bobs and 1 mercury switch.
    Very interesting.... Thanks for the info.

Lurker
    Thanks

Yes, finally installed the new vbs and it works great - no need for my ahk script :-)

Thanks

Is anyone else having problems with the nudging with the new core.vbs?

I have 3 tilts (2 traditional tilt bobs and 1 mercury switch)

The forward nudges work great with my mercury switch, but either left or right nudges register 4 nudges after each other and basically freeze the ball for a split second. This is annoying. I reverted back to the previous core.vbs and it works fine, though not as fine tuned as the new one.

Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by chriz99 View Post
    btw, there is a new core.vbs file with an updated tilt-system. you can download it with the ledwiz-files (download link is inside the ledwiz tutorial)

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10980

Thanks

Do you have to add this new tilt core.vbs to the scritp of everytable?? Im only using mecury swithces though, the way i have it setup/positioned at the moment is instead of physically shifting the cab left or right much as you would a real machine, if i just smack either side of the cab with the parm of my hand this registers the tilt. Some of you guys might want to try this method, as i didnt want to shake my cab to bits lol

Thanks

Nope the core.vbs is 1 file used for every VP table on your cabinet. It was updated in 12-24-10 to add tilt/nudging modifications and for some reason its way too sensitive. The older version works fine, but doesn't have some of the other recent emulation additions.

Quote Originally Posted by lettuce View Post
    Do you have to add this new tilt core.vbs to the scritp of everytable?? Im only using mecury swithces though, the way i have it setup/positioned at the moment is instead of physically shifting the cab left or right much as you would a real machine, if i just smack either side of the cab with the parm of my hand this registers the tilt. Some of you guys might want to try this method, as i didnt want to shake my cab to bits lol

Thanks

i've checked this core.vbs and one from vpf

last version - number is 3.32, but file is named 3.32-1, so my conclusion is that it was 3.32 but some bugs were quickly fixed so version number was not changed

why do i say that?

let's call this led wiz version 3.32-ledwiz, it looks like 3.32-ledwiz has some code that 3.32-1 hasn't and vice verse, which means that we have two branches of development, which is not good - because one version will solve one bug, the other another, and none both

of course you can always make diff on code and merge the goods, but not everyone can do that. we should merge both versions with destruk and put in official next version on vpforums

for example in this 3.32-ledwiz i see that slingshotstrenght value checked for all objects except bumpers which is i think one of the errors that appears on some tables - that some objects don't have slingshotstrentgh

aside from that there are only few lines that are different (tiempo filtro - for filtering nudges) - so this version should produce less nudges.

what is your old version of core.vbs?

Thanks

My old file is from 1/31/2010 and also version 3.32 but doesn't have the LED-WIZ call at the bottom. Here are the last 3 lines:

Private Sub NullSub(no,enabled)
    'Place Holder Sub
    End Sub

Quote Originally Posted by blur View Post
    i've checked this core.vbs and one from vpf

last version - number is 3.32, but file is named 3.32-1, so my conclusion is that it was 3.32 but some bugs were quickly fixed so version number was not changed

why do i say that?

let's call this led wiz version 3.32-ledwiz, it looks like 3.32-ledwiz has some code that 3.32-1 hasn't and vice verse, which means that we have two branches of development, which is not good - because one version will solve one bug, the other another, and none both

of course you can always make diff on code and merge the goods, but not everyone can do that. we should merge both versions with destruk and put in official next version on vpforums

for example in this 3.32-ledwiz i see that slingshotstrenght value checked for all objects except bumpers which is i think one of the errors that appears on some tables - that some objects don't have slingshotstrentgh

aside from that there are only few lines that are different (tiempo filtro - for filtering nudges) - so this version should produce less nudges.

what is your old version of core.vbs?

Thanks

yup - there is:
    3.32 from 31.1.2010.
    3.32-1 from 21.11.2010 (from vpforums - version number in script still shows 3.32)
    3.32-ledwiz - don't know the date cause i changed the script

apart from last line only difference between these three versions is in nudge section, and first two have mNudgeTimer set to 1000, and ledwiz has 70.

maybe this is why you have multiple nudges - will try these versions at home tonight

still don't know what would be the reason to reduce nudge interval in script that should increase it?
    Last edited by blur; 01-10-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast