Page 10 of 138 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: FPLaunch MOD: Pause and Loading screens...

Thanks

Ok, that was very helpful. I have added the code for enabling pause key in fp for pause while esc is for exit. Works great.

I changed my HyperPin, FP Launch exitemulatorkey, and cab button (IPAC) to use the "e" key for exit. This triggers the Exit 3,2,1 fine but it does not work as expected. The Exit 3,2,1 screen just flashes on and off. It does not see the button being held continuously. I have tried other buttons as a test for the exitemulatorkey and they all work as I just described. The only key that works as expected is Esc. I made sure and tested the new "e" key as exit before I modified the ahk and re-compiled so it is not anything I did to the code. Any thoughts?
    Having a cabinet to play full screen pins is awesome! Check out my mini pin cab here on HSForums.
    http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11227

Thanks

look at the hyperlaunch 1.292 source

find the exitScreen: function

find the lines:
    Loop
    {
    GetKeyState, state, Esc

and change Esc to %exitEmulatorKey%

Looks like Esc key was hardcoded in this function so it was checked if Esc key is down instead of if exitemulatorkey is down
    Last edited by blur; 02-08-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks

That did it. Everything is working as expected. Thank you for helping me get this setup and for all your work on this script.
    Having a cabinet to play full screen pins is awesome! Check out my mini pin cab here on HSForums.

Thanks

great

Thanks

I'm back...

Well looks good Blur, glad to see you're keeping this alive!

Sadly my father-in-law has passed away (after a long battle with cancer) and so pinball has been the last thing on my mind. However, with the kids back into the routine of school, I think it might be a nice distraction.

I still don't have my cab reassembled, it's just the lpt-switch to interface the keys left to redo, but I'm happy to use the keyboard to move along this script.

How do you feel about starting a new thread Blur? I could update the first post to point to it, that way, if I run thin on time you could keep it up to date.

In the meantime I will update the first post to point to your current builds.

HyperNewbie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samwyze View Post
    I'm back...

Well looks good Blur, glad to see you're keeping this alive!

Sadly my father-in-law has passed away (after a long battle with cancer) and so pinball has been the last thing on my mind. However, with the kids back into the routine of school, I think it might be a nice distraction.

I still don't have my cab reassembled, it's just the lpt-switch to interface the keys left to redo, but I'm happy to use the keyboard to move along this script.

How do you feel about starting a new thread Blur? I could update the first post to point to it, that way, if I run thin on time you could keep it up to date.

In the meantime I will update the first post to point to your current builds.
    You have my sincere sympathy.

Thanks

hi sam, welcome back, sorry about your father-in-law

i don't think new thread is necessary since i'm planning major hostile takeover of thread in version 1.293
    just kidding, second post is quite ok for crucial info, or some new download link

what are you plans for coding? i thought about putting new things from 1.13 to 1.293 and maybe try to put pause and loading screen over fp also

then i could forget about 1.13 version and we could keep just one version

did you thought about putting animated AND transparent gif or png over the FP? would it work? Or non animated but transparent png - or with fp we will have to use non transparent images?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blur View Post
    what are you plans for coding? i thought about putting new things from 1.13 to 1.293 and maybe try to put pause and loading screen over fp also
    Haven't had a play with the latest versions yet, but yeah let's start by combining the 2 then add the gfx overlays.

Did you thought about putting animated AND transparent gif or png over the FP? would it work? Or non animated but transparent png - or with fp we will have to use non transparent images?
    The goal would be to have them animated, easiest/fastest way to do this is with screen captures. I looked at using d3d routines but things got too tricky with memory leaks etc.. unfortunately my programming skills are minimal!

Thanks

animated images for me were not related to screen capture

i was thinking about:
    1. using one animated image for loading screen so that we can just put that one image instead of cycling through many of them with the script
    2. using one exit 321 animated image again to avoid loops and change of exit images

but it won't be a big problem if this doesn't work since i have a script that does it already

for transparency - maybe i will never need it - during loading black screen over fp is quite alright, during exit also, and for pause - hi score fp screen is just fine

Thanks

Hey Blur, any luck in adding the active backglass code to FP Launch? While your in there will you be adjusting the code to pause Future Pinball with out having Pause mapped to Exit?

Page 10 of 138 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast