Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Snes Problem what not loading roms

Thanks

Default Snes Problem what not loading roms

what is going on i have the emulator below and the roms are un zipped here are the pictures

Ultimate HyperSpin Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 Times in 1,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

it means you miss the rom of that EXACT name. Look at the naming of super mario world 2 in your roms dir. It has to match your database exactly.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

HyperLaunch's New Official Home

If you appreciate my work:

My Apps:
    Window Logger
    Idle Volume Adjuster
    ExplorerRestorer
    Rom Folder Cleaner
    Module Updater
    My Guides:
    How To Mod Guncons with Aimtrak

Thanks

what do you mean if the rom says

Super Mario World

should i keep the rom saying this below

Super Mario World (U) [!].smc

or make it say this below

Super Mario World

for all of my roms

Thanks

can someone help me with this please

Thanks

Look at the naming of super mario world 2 in your roms dir (what am i suppose to change ) Everytime i go to load a game it does this to all of the games below

Super Mario World

should i keep the rom saying this below

Super Mario World (U) [!].smc

or make it say this below

Super Mario World

for all of my roms
    Last edited by blade8888; 12-31-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Ultimate HyperSpin Guru
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Rom/art/video names all have to match your xml database.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

My Apps:
    Window Logger
    Idle Volume Adjuster
    ExplorerRestorer
    Rom Folder Cleaner
    Module Updater
    My Guides:

Thanks

i do not understand what you mean on that

Rom/art/video names all have to match your xml database

Thanks

XML 101 & ROMS 101. Please beware, if you cannot understand this, HyperSpin may not be for you.

HyperSpin uses what are referred to as XML Databases to streamline all artwork, video, and themes. It does this so that everything is uniform and standard, and so that it's easy to manage.

Generally, HyperSpin relies on No-Intro ROM Sets (IE: "Super Mario World 2 (USA)") but some users have what are referred to as GoodTools ROM Sets (IE: "Super Mario World 2 (U)[!]").

Both are valid for HyperSpin, but our lists are standard to No-Intro, meaning, you'll need to either convert your sets from GoodTools to No-Intro (little to no support for this by default) or create a GoodTools database XML.

Database XML's are located in the Databases\System Name\ folder of your HyperSpin Install. For this document, I keep my HyperSpin installed to C:\HyperSpin\ so my SNES Database would be located in "C:\HyperSpin\Databases\Super Nintendo Entertainment System\".

The default database is named after the system name (IE: Super Nintendo Entertainment System.xml) and can be found in the folder previously mentioned. You can open this file in Notepad for editing (do not use Microsoft Word).

Let's take a look at a sample entries structure.
    Code:
    <game name="Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi&apos;s Island (USA) (Rev 1)" index="" image="">
    	<description>Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi&apos;s Island (USA) (Rev 1)</description>
    	<cloneof></cloneof>
    	<crc>CF98DDAA</crc>
    	<manufacturer>Nintendo</manufacturer>
    	<year>1995</year>
    	<genre>Platform</genre>
    	<rating>Other - NR (Not Rated)</rating>
    	<enabled>Yes</enabled>
    </game>
    Now to break this down.

A game is made up of 9 fields (7 in HS 1.x), which is the "game name", "description", "cloneof", "crc", "manufacturer", "year", "genre", "rating", and "enabled".

In HS 1.x, "rating" and "enabled" are not utilized. These will be used in HS 2.x, so they may not appear in your current XML Databases.

Here's a summary of EACH field:
    game name - This field is the name of the ROM. So if your rom is "Super Mario World 2 (U)[!]", that is what needs to appear here. This is the filename HyperLaunch and HyperSpin look for when executing your emulators. This is also the filename of the artwork, themes, and video that HyperSpin looks for. Please note that the extension does NOT appear in the game name as HyperSpin appends the proper extension depending on what it looks for (flv, zip, png, or the extension you have setup in HyperHQ).

description - This is what displays as the games name in HyperSpin in the lower left portion of the screen.

cloneof - Is this game a clone of another game? If so, put the parent rom name here. Generally, for consoles, this field will always remain blank.

crc - This is a CRC Hash used to determine if the file is correct when auditing with ClrMamePro, etc. It is not utilized by HyperSpin.

manufacturer - Who made the game? This is not a critical field and may be left empty.

year - What year did this game come out? This is not a critical field and may be left empty.

genre - What is the genre(s) of this game? IE: Sports/Baseball. This is not a critical field and may be left empty.

rating - What rating is this game based on PEGI, ESRB, AMAA, or the HS Ratings System? This field may be left blank, and is only utilized in HS 2.x+ so it may be nonexistent on HS 1.x

enabled - Should this game be displayed? If you do not have the ROM, this should be set to No. This field is required for HS 2.x and defaults to Yes. For HS 1.x, this field may be left blank or nonexistent.

---

If you do not understand this, please post here, do not message me on IM requesting assistance (I don't do live help due to my real life schedule).

Thanks

first of all i app of all the ppl in the forum that has been helping me and second this is the emulator for me i love it alot
    just do not understand what you said. make sense
    to you but not to me, i do not understand like i said before XML So can someone please be nice eoungh to help
    me remote desktop and i can watch how they do it that way i no how to do it

2. i went to this website goodtools http://www.emuasylum.com/index.php?page=goodtools

do i have to convert all of my snes roms
    Last edited by blade8888; 01-01-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    holding a knife inside Gambol's mouth Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself.

Ultimate HyperSpin Guru
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

blade, I highly doubt anyone is going to remote into your server and set it up for you. Using frontends is part learning and figuring it out for yourself and applying existing knowledge. Lashek's writeup above is more then you could ask for to get you going. Looking through a plain text file and matching a rom name to your database is as basic as it can get. There are plenty of other frontends that are easier to setup. If you don't understand that, then like he said, Hyperspin is not for you.

My Apps:
    Window Logger
    Idle Volume Adjuster
    ExplorerRestorer
    Rom Folder Cleaner
    Module Updater
    My Guides:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast