Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinball Electrical 101

Thanks

the ledwiz can only handle the time for the analog strobe, for example: S14 3000 (strobe is ON for 3 seconds). set the intensity and the flasherspeed directly on the strobe (dimmer and speed pot)
    cheers
    chris

46" visual pinball widebody * taito egret 29 candy cabs * indy & star wars pachinkos
    17" bartop with ledwiz rgbleds * 10" bubble bobble & galaga bartop * arm champs 2
    check out hi-res backglasses * best vpin performance * ledwiz config and software

Thanks

Maxxsinner, regarding the wiring diagram for the strobe light in your guide, the finder relay you have pictured is different from the finder relay i have, but am i still to use the same lablelled terminals A1, A2, 21 and 24??

Menace to Society
    Thanks

That's correct lettuce. As I said in the guide, A1 and A2 on practically all realys and contactors are for the coil. 21 and 24 - The 2X means the second set of contacts. The X1 means the common and X4 means the normally open. You could use 11 and 14 which is just the first set of contacts.

Menace to Society
    Thanks

Done a few more updates on the guide. Table of contents and a big rearrange to try an make it flow a little better.

A lot of my gear arrived today. Still waiting on my mouting plates to be able to get a start on it so the next section of the guide may be a little way off yet.

Ordered my gear from Wolfsoft today. Shaker, Bridge, etc. Next step is to vist a car wreckers and find a wiper motor.
    Cannot wait to play with the shaker. Like a sheep with a cotton boner. Well kinda.... Lets just say I am excited.

Last edited by maxxsinner; 04-07-2011 at 03:58 AM.

gstav

*lol*

Menace to Society
    Thanks

Well my pinball cabinet may be a little while off being built but there is no reason for not starting with what I have. A little practice what you preach here.

Last edited by maxxsinner; 04-20-2011 at 03:47 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,277 Times in 81 Posts

Damn that is freaking CLEAN! I can only wish that my wiring will come out like that. I got your message about the final draft of the tutorial. I'm not going to have have a chance to look at it until this weekend sometime. I'll check it out as soon as I get an opportunity.

Thanks

that's a nice wiring, awesome!

I think you are good in soldering, so you can strengthen/disburden the current/power connection on the ledwiz a bit with 4 extra wires:

and finally put some heatsinks on the 4 driver chips (they get pretty hot @ load)

cheers
    chris

46" visual pinball widebody * taito egret 29 candy cabs * indy & star wars pachinkos
    17" bartop with ledwiz rgbleds * 10" bubble bobble & galaga bartop * arm champs 2
    check out hi-res backglasses * best vpin performance * ledwiz config and software

Menace to Society
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
    Damn that is freaking CLEAN! I can only wish that my wiring will come out like that. I got your message about the final draft of the tutorial. I'm not going to have have a chance to look at it until this weekend sometime. I'll check it out as soon as I get an opportunity.
    Thanks Dazz. After my guide if I didn't get it right I would have been flamed to death! lol. Appreciate you looking over the guide. Sent BBB a message to chuck it up as a sticky as he suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by chriz99 View Post
    that's a nice wiring, awesome!

I think you are good in soldering, so you can strengthen/disburden the current/power connection on the ledwiz a bit with 4 extra wires:
    Holly shawshank redemption Chris! So its putting a parallel path for 12 volts to the common on the driver chips. How did you work that one out?

Thanks

the idea comes from wolfsoft's blog:

http://wolfsoft.de/wordpress/?p=986
    cheers
    chris

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast