Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gold Member FTP

HyperNewbie
    Thanks

Default Gold Member FTP

Sorry in advance if I should have posted this in one of the multitude of other threads instead of creating my own, I'm rather new to forum etiquette and it varies depending on the site.

Hello, I donated to the hyper-spin project on July 24th and have been patiently waiting for my ftp access. The only official thread I could find is this one /forum/showthread.php?t=1298 (I'm unable to post full links) which asks to send an email to badboybill which I did the day that I donated asking for access to FTP. I later then found information in forum threads saying to not email, but PM him which I also did.

I guess I'm just having a hard time finding any sort of official post regarding exactly what to do and exactly how long the process will typically take. I was expecting some sort of sticky somewhere with the details, and while I have looked around quite a bit, I may just be overlooking it.

Regardless if someone could just double check that what I have done is the correct manner in which to receive FTP access it would be appreciated. Thanks!

HyperNewbie
    Thanks

Looks like you have gold status

HyperNewbie
    Thanks

I'm aware I have gold status, this inquiry is about FTP access. I still have yet to receive it and it's been about an additional 24 hours since I posted this. I would just like to know where to find official information and how long it typically takes to get FTP access. It's been five days since I donated, I received my gold status, but still have yet to receive any FTP information.

Hyper Moderator
    Thanks

Send a private message (not visitor message) to BadBoyBill to receive FTP access. You'll have to give him a little bit of time after you send the message because he'll need to generate your access information manually.

HyperNewbie
    Thanks

I stated in the original post that I've already done that, so I guess that checks off that I did the correct thing. I found a thread that said to email him while browsing and I also sent him a PM. I PM'ed maybe three days ago and emailed about five or so.

How long is it typically supposed to take? I'm antsy to be able to start working on my hyperspin project, and have a lot of stuff to download.

HyperNewbie
    Thanks

Another day and still no response. I'm beginning to get frustrated now as I've donated FIVE days ago now and still am yet to receive my FTP. Not all the wheels are available on the main site for me to download and I love the project so I decided to go ahead and help out by donating.

I opened this thread a couple days ago and am still yet to receive a response that answers my question. It's a simple question warranting a simple answer by someone who has donated to the project. There are people PM'ing me now asking me if I've gotten my FTP access because there on the fence about donating and don't want to wait a week before receiving it.

I donated a pretty big chunk of change (for my income allowance) specifically to get access to FTP. I've been patient, scoured the site for official information regarding directions and time frame (which is not easy to find), made a post a handful of days ago that has still not got a meaningful response.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off overly angry about this, all I want is my FTP access, I feel like my reward for donating has been to be left clueless and unhelped. Just to be clear I love this project, the only reason I'm upset is because I want to know how long it's supposed to take; it is taking longer than I expected it to. If someone could please respond and let me know if BB is on vacation, or if the FTP server is broken, or whatever in the world is going on it would be greatly appreciated.

And if the average wait time is supposed to be about a week than I'm sorry about this thread but I can not find official information to save my life. I can only find other peoples thread and Circo estimating a couple of days, in which it has been longer than that for me.
    Last edited by Xavandar; 07-30-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks

Yikes, that sucks. I just signed up and paid too. Hopefully we both get access today. I'm crazy excited to get going on this right now.
    the force is stong with this one..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by likwidtek View Post
    Yikes, that sucks. I just signed up and paid too. Hopefully we both get access today. I'm crazy excited to get going on this right now.
    i wonder how long that guy took before he got through, i've been waiting 4 days and have pmed bill with no response.

Thanks

he posted just a few hours ago. So it looks like it's been 5 days for him and nothing. You've been waiting 4.

Dude, I don't want to wait a week, I hope it's just a glitch or something. It sucks because emumovies accepts paypal the exact same way and you get FTP access instantly.
    the force is stong with this one..

Hyper Moderator
    Thanks

If someone could please respond and let me know if BB is on vacation
    BBB got back from Comic-Con a few days ago. He's most likely busy sorting out the various items he purchased.

or if the FTP server is broken
    The FTP server is up and running without issue. Access to FTP is provided through a manual process, which is why you'll have to wait until BBB can get around to generating your login.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast