Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Score | Mame's Cloud Score Sharing Solution

HyperBase Destroyer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 327 Posts
    Blog Entries

Post Phoenix Score | Mame's Cloud Score Sharing Solution

* removed by user
    Last edited by Rain; 03-08-2012 at 10:36 AM.

HyperSpin Guru
    Thanks

This looks great Rain. Nice job

HyperBase Destroyer
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

One thing guys, this is the initial build of the application and it would seem that during compile time I left my default directory to C:\scores. When you first start the program if you do not have that folder there it will throw an unhandled exception. To avoid that you can either create the folder and then start the program for the first time or when the unhandled exception is thrown click continue, and then select your high score folder.

This will be fixed on the next build. Thanks guys! Thanks for the nice comment Blade!

Update September 02, 2011 [18:22MST]

I have detected and cleaned all little glitches in the program and plan on building the new application tonight. The little glitches that I am speaking of is the little file system error (because I put one little variable in the wrong place.)

I will also be using a new obfusication technique that will make the program much harder to decompile. I have tried to decompile the program and all I am getting is junk, which is a good thing to those whom are concerned with security.

Special Thanks:

I would like to personally like to thank the developers over at SharpBox for lying out the basic framework for cloud syncing. The SharpBox methods have been heavily modifiied from their original source (and though you cannot even tell that it was SharpBox at one point in time) you guys and your responses and letting me join in on the development of SharpBox was a real inspiration and a welcomed treat for myself and my fellow developers.

I would also like to thank those involved over at the Linux forums whom have helped us so much porting the program over to GTK so that Linux users can have fun with this as well!

Also, thank you to everybody at this site whom since day one beleived in us and supported the project!

Member Spotlight

I have to say to one person a big Thank You! Baddeolv asked me everytime I would get on the site if the program was up and running as of yet. Many times that I thought about giving up the program for good, I would mainly do it just because of his support. If this program only makes a few people happy, then I have done a good job. Somehow sifting through the 13,826 lines of code does not seem as stressful.

Be sure to check back for regular updates and new features that are added to the program. One of the main things that I am excited about is the ability to update the program directly from the cloud and automated XML procedures (to be included into October releases.)

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Rain; 09-04-2011 at 05:30 PM.

HyperBase Destroyer
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Updated Build (Improved Sync Techniques)

Update September 05, 2011 [12:21MST]

Okay, so I have rebuilt the better part of the code within the application and made a few changes within the program that I feel make it a little more stable (not that stability was really an issue.) The new build has the folder monitoring technique that I adopted from Quasar_120. This will ensure that your folders are even more secure.

Here is a list of changes in this version:
    SSL secure connections are now the golden standard.
    Fixed two very minor glitches that occured when file stacks were cross threaded.
    Added Quasar support to file system developer.
    Within 5 seconds of setting a new high score it is distributed to the entire network! (That's what I call fast updating!)
    Most people will not even notice the changes with this new version, but to a professional developer you might be able to tell quickly. Anyhow, this is now the version that I wish for you to download and use. If you have any questions or comments please reply to this thread.

Download the newest version: http://www.mediafire.com/?7f1c6m1ez5l4s42

Elite Member
    Thanks

I,m going to try this out today. Thanks Rain!

Thanks

This looks amazing, thank you for all your hard work!

HyperBase Destroyer
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by garwil View Post
    This looks amazing, thank you for all your hard work!
    Thanks for the comment, as of yet the program still has no active users. I did set a high score for Galaga, and that is still the only high score in the cloud at this time. I will better be able to tell how the program is working out once a few more users connect to the cloud!

Thanks again for the comment.

Administrator
    Thanks

i will grab it up within the next couple of days rain, me and the wifey are going through some problems over how much time i spend on the arcade machine and not with her, so i dare not turn it on when she is around, im looking forward to setting it up though

Instagram : baddeolv
    Kik : baddeolv
    Facebook : Brian Addeo
    www.facebook.com/thecorepunk

HyperBase Destroyer
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baddeolv View Post
    i will grab it up within the next couple of days rain, me and the wifey are going through some problems over how much time i spend on the arcade machine and not with her, so i dare not turn it on when she is around, im looking forward to setting it up though
    Thanks for your support with the application, and a big thank you to everybody else whom has supported the project since it's little beginnings. I will be posting the main post onto the regular boards now so that free users can download and run the application as well.

HyperBase Destroyer
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Please Note:

Please Read the Following Carefully:

I have received a few emails & private messages from folks saying the program is broken, that new scores are not available. This is not true at all. The reason that you are not seeing any new scores is due to the fact that this program was only released a day or so ago. It is still an infant in the world of computer programs. The more the program is download, and the more faithfully it is ran in conjunction with HyperSpin (or whatever frontend your running) then more high scores will become available.

Over time we hope to collect and distribute thousands of high scores the globe over, but we have to start somewhere. So, if you just download the program look at it once, expect a miracle then I am sorry to inform you that you will not get what you are seeking. The benefits of this application will be seen over a broad time scale.

As new players, and users of this application use it - the more scores will become available from within the cloud of scores.

Also, yet again another note that I must point out is that you must have a high score enabled version of Mame. If you do not you may compile your own Mame or download a precompiled build of the application. So, I just thought that I would post this so that it may shed a little light on a few of the questions that I have been receiving.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast