Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Neo Geo CD Dat and Cues

Thanks

Default Neo Geo CD Dat and Cues

ok sorry for previous post,I THINK after reading rules I am compliant now,I Hope,anyhow this hyperspin frontend rocks,but builiding or setting up cd sets to be name complaint with hyperspin and wheels setup is pain in butt,to make a compliant dat for xml of neo geo cd that could be built from older sets was pain..(iknow you guys dont make or supply them)and I couldnt find one anywherre,anyhow after hours I believe i got it....here it is dats and cues to make your neo geo cd sets xml compliant from hyperlist,and will rename all wav and iso files...complete with corresponding cues....I and a few others tested you anyone should be able to rebuild from their complete sets...
    my hyperspin neogeocddats.rar
    http://www.mediafire.com/?cbkc78rkethqnld

included files in rar are

neo geo CD final.dat Used for building set (individual zips w named folders inside)
    neo geo cd unzipped.dat Used for rebuilding set unzipped in individual folders(I had problems with raine unless unzipped)..thought you might want it as well
    Neo Geo Cd.dat Used for building the neo geo cd final without folders in zip files (my prefered method,tosec/redump style)
    Cue files.rar Used for fully completing your set (set of cue files that work with this particular set)

****+*+*+*+*+*+*+*WARNING+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+**+*+*
    I take no responcibility if your mess up your sets..be smart and rebuild in seperate directory

also was thinking of making a something that after building set would convert wav to mp3 and all together skip the cue files,but more forethought and time is needed as how to make it automated as anyone could do it..
    Last edited by slipnut; 12-17-2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: seems not allowed

Hyper Moderator
    Thanks

Post edited: Thank you.
    Last edited by Hypnoziz; 12-16-2011 at 11:47 PM.
    "But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of Fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Thanks

Oh I could certainly make it simple enough for anyone to convert WAV to MP3...the real question is why?

Plus you would still need the CUE files....however adjusted.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 12-18-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Hyper Moderator
    Thanks

I discuss one method of batch converting audio files in this tutorial:
    http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=14717

It's not fully automated, but it's very quick and easy. Of course there are multiple ways of going about this, but I provide one way with Audacity.
    "But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of Fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Thanks

Okay not sure why anyone would want to covert WAVE to MP3...as you lose quality and then get limited to Daemon Tools as the only VCD you can use...granted I prefer Daemon Tools...but that is beside the point.

Anyways here is a script to batch convert WAV to MP3 and even correct your CUE files based on this conversion.

[Linky]

Granted you need FFMpeg installed\extracted into your "Program Files" folder...static or shared build doesn't matter. The FFMpeg executable should be for example on WinXP:
    C:\Program Files\FFMpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe

This will recurse folders...so setting it to your Neo Geo CD roms folder...is just fine as it'll go into each sub folder.

Thanks

right on thanxs,for the input and links..personally it just gonna leave as wav but just for the sake of I guess... and a few friends are pretty anal about space..

Thanks

@ Hypnoziz -

How come in your tut you show going from MP3 to WAV? Damage has already been done.

@ slipnut -

You are welcome. Well have them at least use this script it makes use of the LAME MP3 library which is one of the best...but the should also use a setting of 320kb or higher for good quality.

I also worry about space...that is why nearly every CD\DVD image has been mounted and converted to compresses MDF & MDS images with Daemon Tools Advanced. No data or quality loss going that route...however there is a slight delay during mount.

There are other methods to save space all of which trade-offs of some sort.

Thanks

yeah i prefer to mount images as well,but correct me if i`m wrong,neo geo emulators such as raine,can load cd`s but isnt the sound jacked up? or non existant...persoannaly i had problems running rain unless my images are completely unzipped and in seperate folders..be nice to be able to load zip image,lol as if..

Thanks

I've used Neo Raine very little in the past so couldn't honestly say.

From what I understand FBA has finally restarted adding Neo Geo CD support...if they get physical\virtual drives supported...they would be my go to guys for this system.

Big fan of that emu...granted I give Tux mad props for keeping Raine alive..hell I even did a couple of strobbing logo's for it...not sure if he is still using any of those or not.

Hyper Moderator
    Thanks

I showed a method for converting MP3 to WAV because most of the roms for Sega Saturn come with MP3s zipped up in em. Daemon Tools did NOT like to mount any of the audio files until they were converted over.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast