Thread: Did I get lucky or screwed?

Thanks

Default Did I get lucky or screwed?

Been having all kinds of problems with my second video card (old EVGA 8200) so went to Frys and bought another GTX460 SC to match my playfield VC. I opened the box and the card looks completly different. I did some research and found it is this card - http://www.frys.com/product/6340791?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG. This is what I have and was trying to match - http://www.frys.com/product/6940757?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Did I get lucky and get a better card or do I need to take this thing back and have them get me the right one?

Thanks

You got a slightly lesser card as far as Shader Clock and Core Clock speed goes. Hard to tell which Palit you have as Newegg has 3 different ones with the same number, but the card either has a Clock speed of 700 or 800 while the EVGA one has a clock speed of 867. Shader for the Palit 1400-1600 while the EVGA has 1734. Not sure if you'll see a difference as both the Palit and EVGA cards use the same type and amount of ram, but hey you paid for the EVGA card so you should contact them and get what you initially wanted. I love EVGA...lifetime warrenty, great service. Good luck

Thanks

The EVGA is definitely the better of the cards, but really there are SOOO many version of the same 460's it's crazy.

Thanks

Thanks for the feeback. I'll take this one back and have them exchange. I hope they don't give me any grief over it as it was labled as "open-box". It was still in the factory shrink wrap so looked like it was just returned and never used but since it was shrink wrapped I wasn't allowed to open it in store to check it out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 85vett View Post
    Thanks for the feeback. I'll take this one back and have them exchange. I hope they don't give me any grief over it as it was labled as "open-box". It was still in the factory shrink wrap so looked like it was just returned and never used but since it was shrink wrapped I wasn't allowed to open it in store to check it out.
    bestbuy has a shrink wrapper. maybe someone bought it, swapped it, shrink wrapped, returned.

Thanks

Yeah sounds to me like somebody wrangled themselves a free upgrade.