Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OH YEAH!!! Future Pinball with backglass working

Thanks

Default OH YEAH!!! Future Pinball with backglass working

Just tried the new beta NVIDIA driver (301.24) and my backglass on the second monitor finally works with my 460 SC cards :-) Super excited to get this working now. It also seems to be very happy with Visual Pinball too..

I am running Win 7.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 85vett For This Useful Post:

Baron Shadow (11-14-2012)

Ultimate HyperSpin Guru
    Thanks

That's great news! Maybe soon we'll all be able to upgrade to Win7. Let us know if you encounter any issues. How's Hyperpin behaving? Any delays when starting/exiting tables?

Thanks

Hyperpin is still not as smooth as what it was in XP but it's only a couple of extra seconds. The biggest part that stands out for me is when I exit a table and wait for it to go back to the wheel the screens flashes or go black a coupe of times. I think there are some fixes for this but things are working pretty good now. The video cards were the biggest problem. With the new drivers I feel as though I gained some FPS too.

Thanks

I have Windows 7 64 bit on my cab and a GTX460 card. Good news and bad news: Good news is the uninstall and clean install of drivers went off without a hitch. Everything seems to work okay, including the FP backglasses which is fantastic.

The bad news: No playfield reflections or ball reflections work. Anytime I enable them I get the dreaded black squares as the ball rolls around so that's a bummer.

I also noticed flipper 'trails' on my VP games which muct be a NVCP setting of some sort.

Also I noticed when I exit a game in Hyperpin it takes a lot longer to get back to the main Hyperpin screen.

Any chance you can post your NVCP and FP settings? I know it's a hassle but it might really help out.

Thanks!
    'It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two liter bottle of Shasta, and my all-Rush mix tape... let's rock!' — Philip J. Fry

Thanks

I went ahead and reset all the settings in the 3D tab within the Nvidia control panel to ther defaults and all is fine as far as the VP problem is concerned.

On this note, the new Nvidia drivers have some new stuff in them like FXAA, etc. I did a search and cannot find a post that contains information around Nvidia settings and VP/FP. Does one exist? It would be great to have someone that knows something about the VP/FP graphics code and be able to discuss Nvidia 3D settings and what each one could/should do. I would have to assume there are some settings in there that can enhance quality/speed.

Exiting from a VP/FP game from within HyperPin is definitely slower still but I can live with that.

Finally, I have found something interesting within FP with these drivers. I can check the 'mirror playfield into ball' and it works without any problem. When I check the 'playfield reflections' box, that's when I get the black boxes/trail as the ball travels around. I was playing 'Triple Strike' as my test table when I was doing this.
    'It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two liter bottle of Shasta, and my all-Rush mix tape... let's rock!' — Philip J. Fry

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdsabin1 View Post
    I have Windows 7 64 bit on my cab and a GTX460 card. Good news and bad news: Good news is the uninstall and clean install of drivers went off without a hitch. Everything seems to work okay, including the FP backglasses which is fantastic.

The bad news: No playfield reflections or ball reflections work. Anytime I enable them I get the dreaded black squares as the ball rolls around so that's a bummer.

I also noticed flipper 'trails' on my VP games which muct be a NVCP setting of some sort.

Also I noticed when I exit a game in Hyperpin it takes a lot longer to get back to the main Hyperpin screen.

Any chance you can post your NVCP and FP settings? I know it's a hassle but it might really help out.

Thanks!
    I just did a clean Windows 7 install and still have had no luck getting the backglass to work. It remains 'hidden' and the only way I can see it is to cycle the windows (alt tab), to activate it but then the main playfield is no longer selected. Any suggestions?

VP is working fine, better than ever actually.

Elite Member
    Thanks

Switch to XP.....

I'm what you call an Expert....Don't try this at home!

Thanks

What cards? If your cards are compatable with the 260.99 driver use it. If not did you try the 301.24 and it not work?

HyperNewbie
    Thanks

I had the backglass issue in Win7 until I downgraded to 260.99 driver and now everything works flawlessly.

Elite Member

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This is the same backglass issue where you have the black smears when reflections are on?

Latest 306.23 has fixed this for me.

If i remember before anytime i had backglass on 2nd monitor it would do this black crap to the playfield with reflections on. Backglass disabled and reflections on worked but that was no good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast