Thread: Force Feedback Questions

HyperNewbie
    Thanks

Default Force Feedback Questions

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the virtual pinball hobby and working on my first cabinet build. I'm using a Led-Wiz and have a couple of questions regarding some force feedback components:

1. I recently acquired a couple of Allen-Bradley 24V contactors that I plan on using for flipper feedback. The coils on these are rated at 916ma peak and 416ma average. Question is, how does this compare to the ratings of the Siemens contactors that most folks here seem to use, and do I need to put a relay (or a transistor based circuit) between this contactor and the LedWiz?

2. I'm looking for some solenoids to use for pop-bumpers and slings. Has anyone used these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250942434525 , and if so, do they work well, and do they require a relay between them and the LedWiz?

Thanks!

-Pete

Thanks

better use a fast switching opto/driverboard with these Allen-Bradley contactors (like the ledwiz booster board from zebulon)... otherwise you will fry your ledwiz with these bad boys

siemens contactors can be directly connected to a ledwiz, because the mA is under 350ma.

check also the speed and the sound of these contactors/coils first. Not all sound and react like the real deal.
    cheers
    chris

46" visual pinball widebody * taito egret 29 candy cabs * indy & star wars pachinkos
    17" bartop with ledwiz rgbleds * 10" bubble bobble & galaga bartop * arm champs 2
    check out hi-res backglasses * best vpin performance * ledwiz config and software

HyperNewbie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chriz99 View Post
    better use a fast switching opto/driverboard with these Allen-Bradley contactors (like the ledwiz booster board from zebulon)... otherwise you will fry your ledwiz with these bad boys

siemens contactors can be directly connected to a ledwiz, because the mA is under 350ma.

check also the speed and the sound of these contactors/coils first. Not all sound and react like the real deal.
    Thanks for the quick response Chris! Would something like this work for driving/isolating these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Relay-Modu...item3a72c800c5

Thanks

better go with fast optorelays or opto/mosfet driverboards, because normal relays (like the quad relay board you posted) are too slow for fast swichting contactors.

edit: check out this posting: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/sh...t-a-good-price!

siemens contactors for under 5 bucks
    Last edited by chriz99; 04-27-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    cheers
    chris

46" visual pinball widebody * taito egret 29 candy cabs * indy & star wars pachinkos
    17" bartop with ledwiz rgbleds * 10" bubble bobble & galaga bartop * arm champs 2
    check out hi-res backglasses * best vpin performance * ledwiz config and software

HyperNewbie
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip!