Thread: New to hyperspin: Need help please

HyperNewbie
    Thanks

Default New to hyperspin: Need help please

Hi guys, I know you must get sick of new people coming on these forums asking questions you have probably heard and answered many times over, but I couldn't really find what I was looking for, and do have a few questions that I hope, and am sure, you will solve for me:

Question 1: I have downloaded Mame 32 and linked it up the way its supposed to be, downloaded a game to test it with, now when I go to play that game, I get the following error: http://i.imgur.com/PrKMA.jpg

Now, I have tried a few games, and each game seems to have missing files. Now I think the problem is me, and not the roms, so was wandering if anybody could help with that.

Question 2: I have downloaded a Genesis emulator (gens.exe). When I try and play a game through that I get this error: http://i.imgur.com/mkySw.jpg

I have linked it up through hyperspin, changed the name a few times, but with no joy, So I was wandering if I needed to use a certain emulator for it to work

Question 3: When I select a console, I don't want a list of 500 games which I am never going to play. Is there a way to delete/ hide the ones I don't want, especially when there is about 5 Alien Vs Predator games for some reason.

I would really appreciate your help with any of these questions, and I am sorry to the few who will be sick of seeing this sort of thread

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Not sure about the problem with mame, could be that you need to download a set of CHDs to get your game going, for Sega Genesis you should use kegafusion to run your games, you can make a favourite list overtime on HS, that way narrowing the list of games down, also you can set hyperspin to skip a certain amount of games at a time, i think mame is set up for skipping 100 games at a time whilst the other systems are less.

We all start somewhere, just keep plugging away.