Thread: Some table will not start under hyperpin.. Work fine with Visual Pin

Lurker
    Thanks

Default Some table will not start under hyperpin.. Work fine with Visual Pin

Having a problem getting some table to start with hyperpin. They load fine with just visual pin. and most table work with hyperpin. The few that dont will load the table and react very slow if at all. No DMD will show up either. Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks

Hi Leachdude, I had/have the same thing with a couple of setups I've done. They were on almost identical hardware which makes me think there is something going on that HyperPin doesn't like. Name a couple of the tables you're having this "go slow" problem with and we can see if ther are any the same. I've no idea what is causing it but it might help to kmnow that it is not uncommon.

Having said that, some of the tables that either run really slowly or don't show a DMD respond to a reset (F3) so it may be worth trying that. You may have the press F3 a few times for it to be detected but they usually come good and then play perfectly alright, that is until next time you run them from HyperPin.

Also, what version of FPLaunch are you running? I was running 1.295wip4 and then swapped to 1.295wip9 and noticed that this problem cleared up on quite a few tables.

Lurker
    Thanks

I may be having the same problem. Do the tables that have this problem in HP run V E R Y slowly? Like move the mouse and 5 seconds later the arrow jumps? And hit a key like coin and it takes 10 seconds for the audio to play? I have a few tables that play fine in VP with the script as-is, but when I load in HP they simply won't load, although the table sometimes appears and some really odd sound effects start playing. If you wait long enough you can sometimes see the lights begin to sequence at about about 1% of the normal speed.

I think this might have something to do with the ultravp.backglassserv script changes? Not sure but I believe its something to do with my (limited) understanding of the differences between uvp, animated backglasses, and static backglasses. I'm not sure what tables are what, when to modify the script and how to set them up in HP. I have about 45 of the 60 tables I downloaded running great but its the others that are frustrating me 'cause I know its something simple....

-Dave

Lurker
    Thanks

I have narrowed down my issue. On these tables. TOTAN, NO FEAR, FISH TALES to name a few, when the DMD is on the 2nd or 3rd monitor they act up. When I move the DMD to the first screen were the table is the problem goes away. See if this is the same for you guys as well.

Thanks

Are you running any of them with UVP? Of those 3 I only had problems with Fish Tales and I was running it without UVP.

Lurker
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leachdude View Post
    I have narrowed down my issue. On these tables. TOTAN, NO FEAR, FISH TALES to name a few, when the DMD is on the 2nd or 3rd monitor they act up. When I move the DMD to the first screen were the table is the problem goes away. See if this is the same for you guys as well.
    I had this problem a little while ago when I switched from windows 7 to XP. setting ddraw to zero in the registry for each of the tables fixed it.

Lurker
    Thanks

Well i went to windows 7 install and everything is fine now. Never figured out the deal with the winxp slowdown.

Chris

HyperNewbie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leachdude View Post
    Well i went to windows 7 install and everything is fine now. Never figured out the deal with the winxp slowdown.

Chris
    I had fish tales corrupting dmd on third display and teed off would start so slow as discussed above changed ddraw to zero . Fixed