Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Launch Before and After

Thanks

Default Launch Before and After

The ability to launch an application (with or without command lines) before and after launching added to the HyperlaunchHQ for each emulator.

Ultimate HyperSpin Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

HyperLaunch's New Official Home

If you appreciate my work:

My Apps:
    Window Logger
    Idle Volume Adjuster
    ExplorerRestorer
    Rom Folder Cleaner
    Module Updater
    My Guides:
    How To Mod Guncons with Aimtrak

Thanks

Way way too complicated for me.....sorry!

Elite Member
    Thanks

I really do not see how it could be any easier...place your code inside the User Functions.ahk where specified in the above link. Done!

Thanks

Sorry I am coming from GameEx which is a totally more simplistic way of setting and running your emulators so this is all new too me.

Ok well for example if I want to launch the following before Hyperspin runs my MAME games:
    Launch Before:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DisplayFusion\DisplayFusionCommand.exe" -wallpaperloadprofile ""[ROM]"
    Launch After you hit ESC to exit back to Hyperspin:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DisplayFusion\DisplayFusionCommand.exe" -wallpaperloadprofile "Default Profile"

Ok [ROM] is the name of the Hyperspin game that I selected to run.

Maybe someone can explain this to me and maybe I might see what you are trying to say. You have to understand when you have been so used to GameEx and try to move up to Hyperspin it's a learning process but it helps if someone can show you a few things to get you started.

Thanks

Ultimate HyperSpin Guru

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 693 Posts

I can see that being easier for users that have no clue (or show interest on learning) on how to code ahk that's true, and I see some point on getting something like that added to HL, but ultimately it will be djvj's choice.
    Right now your only option is to do just like djvj suggested, this option will allow you much more flexibility on what you can do.

You can check here how it can be done:
    http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/sh...-Post-user-AHK

Ultimate HyperSpin Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries

My choice on what? I don't even know what he is talking about except that he wants to launch an exe. HL is a scripting language, so when you want to know how to add your own code, you have to learn how to use it. How could scripting be easier? You're lucky I'm not asking you to write C# like a plugin system...
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

HyperLaunch's New Official Home

If you appreciate my work:

My Apps:
    Window Logger
    Idle Volume Adjuster
    ExplorerRestorer
    Rom Folder Cleaner
    Module Updater
    My Guides:
    How To Mod Guncons with Aimtrak

Thanks

Trust me I want to learn. I am an experienced/published GameEx theme designer and have been messing about with Hyperspin recently since you guys came out with HyperLaunchHQ and having a blast with it and I thank you. It's a whole lot easier now to setup I think than in the past and has a ton of very kool features that I'm looking for so I want to convert over to Hyperpin and start designing themes since I've managed to create a few working themes already that I've learned how to do from watching youtube tutorial. I must say I like it alot just a few things I thought might be possible thru some simple steps but I guess my ? was a bit vague on why I wanted to figure out how to run a external program before and after I launch a game from within Hyperspin.

The reason I wanted to know how to launch Display Fusion (external program) was that when the game runs I can change the wallpaper on 3 monitors to be any type of game info on them that I wanted to so esentially I could have one monitor have a marquee another have Joystick info and another have box shot with info then when I close the emulator to return back to Hyperspin I have Display Fusion return back all my wallpapers back to there defaults. So essentially it's like having multiple monitor support with 1 simple command sent to Display Fusion. That is why I asked how to do it but I really want to learn how to script and do this but a little help from those with hands on experience always helps to others to be creative and design new things for Hyperspin.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I thought that is what the forums are for to help each other out ...... Thanks Brolly for understanding where I was coming from. I know the learning curve is different from GameEx to Hyperspin as they are 2 much different frontends but how is one to learn a few things if he doesn't ask.

Thanks for not making me learn C# btw Will start to look at AHK and learn how to write scripts...
    Last edited by Krakerman; 07-07-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Elite Member
    Thanks

It sounds like you are trying to do something similar to what i am doing. You should check out the link Brolly suggested to give you an idea of what things should look like. Honestly, I believe you should check out AutoHotKey and learn the basics on how to program with it. It is a super powerful tool, not just for Hyperspin, but for other PC applications as well. Then you should write yourself a simple script that launches your EXE the way you want it to. Make sure your script works just like you want it (OUTSIDE OF HYPERSPIN), then you can inject it into the User Functions.ahk. At that point you can take a look at my example to see how you can utilize the variables such as systemName and dbName.

I don't think anyone was offended, it's just that there is a certain expectation here that people are willing to put forth a little effort to learn and contribute. It's sounds like you are willing to do that so I expect you will find people willing to help you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to loppydog For This Useful Post:

djvj (07-08-2013)

Thanks

Thanks loopydog will check into it and hopefully I can pick it up quick and can release some cool things for the Hyperspin community. I've got a few things in the pipeline to carry over from my GameEx experience. Will start reading and messing about with it tomorrow after work and see what I can come up with.
    Last edited by Krakerman; 07-07-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast