Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OBS recording software

Ultimate HyperSpin Guru
    Thanks

Default OBS recording software

obs free recording software

ok, actually got it up and running. recording videos at 60fps. but when i edit the scene (ie play with the size of game window to get it to match OBS window, they dont quite match up perfectly. so my options are either to stretch the game window in a funny way to make it match or have some black areas around the video. which is preferred? or do i change the resolution inside OBS to fix this mismatch?
    thanks

buggy boy and cannon fodder are at 60fps
    rainbow game is at 15fps
    fyi
    (but lol this video is at 15fps so i guess cant really tell difference....lol)

suggestions?

thanks a million
    craig
    Last edited by craiganderson; 03-03-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Ultimate HyperSpin Guru

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 750 Posts

You should resize the OBS window to match your emulator window not the other way around. Also make sure you capture it at 640x480.
    I don't really know OBS so I can't help you with that, there are better video capturing applications though.

I'll Be Back
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well fraps I found so much easier. Set emulator for correct fullscreen resolution start recording and ya done.

Ultimate HyperSpin Guru
    Thanks

anybody else get a "click" sound added to video when editing with movie maker?

can anybody suggest a good FREE video editing software?

i can google them but would love to hear some recommendations from personal use.

thanks
    craig

Ultimate HyperSpin Guru
    Thanks

what program do you then edit your videos with?
    i have wondershare video editor but its output is max 30 fps ... which would defeat the 60 fps in the original recording
    thanks

Ultimate HyperSpin Guru
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Polemicist View Post
    Well fraps I found so much easier. Set emulator for correct fullscreen resolution start recording and ya done.

i have wondershare video editor but its output is max 30 fps ... which would defeat the 60 fps in the original recording
    thanks

I'll Be Back
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I would not edit it. I'd take my source dump it at EmuMovies and let Circo add it to the sets.

But for video I'm an Adobe Master owner so obviously I use that for most video stuff.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Polemicist For This Useful Post:

craiganderson (03-04-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craiganderson View Post
    thanks
    I use VirtualDub with the ffinputdriver plugin to edit the .mp4 files that OBS spits out. It supports 60fps and probably any other framerate you can throw at it. I've made some simple Avisynth scripts (which are text files with an .avs extension you can drag and drop onto VirtualDub to use after you install Avisynth) that add fades and normalizes the audio volume of a title screen and gameplay clip to make my own preview vids for HyperSpin. I like having my own gameplay in my videos for that personal touch . I spent some time figuring out how to use the external encoder support of Virtualdub in order to create nice quality .mp4s that work with Hyperspin. It looks like this guide explains how to do that pretty well.

An example of one of my Avisynth scripts (in case you are interested) is:
    Code:
    AVISource("game.avi").fadein2(30).fadeout2(30).Normalize(0.55) ++
    \AVISource("int.avi").fadein2(30).fadeout2(30).Normalize(0.55)
    That takes a gameplay clip named game.avi and adds a fade in and fade out, normalizes the audio, then combines it with a title screen clip named int.avi that also has the fades and normalization applied. Then I can go to File, Export, Using External Encoder in VirtualDub to save a finished .mp4 using my saved encoder settings.
    Last edited by Awakened; 03-04-2014 at 02:07 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Awakened For This Useful Post:

craiganderson (03-04-2014)

Ultimate HyperSpin Guru
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
    I use VirtualDub with the ffinputdriver plugin to edit the .mp4 files that OBS spits out. It supports 60fps and probably any other framerate you can throw at it. I've made some simple Avisynth scripts (which are text files with an .avs extension you can drag and drop onto VirtualDub to use after you install Avisynth) that add fades and normalizes the audio volume of a title screen and gameplay clip to make my own preview vids for HyperSpin. I like having my own gameplay in my videos for that personal touch . I spent some time figuring out how to use the external encoder support of Virtualdub in order to create nice quality .mp4s that work with Hyperspin. It looks like this guide explains how to do that pretty well.

An example of one of my Avisynth scripts (in case you are interested) is:
    Code:
    AVISource("game.avi").fadein2(30).fadeout2(30).Normalize(0.55) ++
    \AVISource("int.avi").fadein2(30).fadeout2(30).Normalize(0.55)
    That takes a gameplay clip named game.avi and adds a fade in and fade out, normalizes the audio, then combines it with a title screen clip named int.avi that also has the fades and normalization applied. Then I can go to File, Export, Using External Encoder in VirtualDub to save a finished .mp4 using my saved encoder settings.
    thanks
    At what rate does virtualdub record the output file? For the life of me,I cant figure it out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craiganderson View Post
    thanks
    At what rate does virtualdub record the output file? For the life of me,I cant figure it out.
    Bitrate? When you save in AVI format I'm not really sure. I just saved an AVI and checked it in Media Player Classic's properties and it says:
    Bit rate: 53.0 Mbps
    Which I guess is the average.

Using the external encoder method you can change the video quality by changing the number after --crf in the command line for the video encoder. I don't know if there is a way to directly set a specific bitrate with the x264 video encoder like you can in OBS, but if you use a crf of 21 or lower it's pretty much lossless quality. There's some more info about crf here. Checking the average bitrate of a .mp4 I made with --crf 21 using the external encoder I get:
    Bit rate: 452 Kbps

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast