Game\Theme\Genre List Creation
Create a "Roms List"
Create a "Wheels-Only" List
Create a "Themes-Only" List
Create a "HiToText" List - Works with HiToText!
Create a "Filtered-Working" Mame List
Create a "Command" List - Works with Control Panel!
Create a "Favorites" List
Create a "Favorites.ini" for Mame\Folder (bottom of post).
If you dont have a Hyperion account, you should get one, its free.
Log onto the Hyperion web page:
Follow the instructions to make an ".xml" file or download some user created ones. Works alot like Hyperlist.
Once you have created or chosen a "desired.xml", download and copy it into your hyperspin\databases\"desired" directory.
(NOTE) (I've seen Hyperion add characters to the .xml that will crash Hyperspin like the (minus) "-" sign. Just use the edit\replace all with "blank-space" in wordpad.
[Showing "Any Systems" roms ]
-Use Hyperlist to point to: Hyperspin\emulators\"any system"\roms, folder and then point it to hyperspin\database\"any system"\name it "any system".xml".
(NOTE) (The above directory paths are sample paths. You must point Hyperlist to wherever you actually have them.
(NOTE) (In some cases you may have to create a new folder in HyperList for your system in the Hyperspin\databases\"Your New System Folder")
(NOTE) (Hyperlist will create a list of "everthing" within the folder you selected. For best results temporarily move everything out of the roms folder, except the roms, into another temp folder and then move them back when you are done creating the list.
[Work Around for "Themes Only Bug!!"]
- Doesn't fix a broken theme!
[Show "Your Systems" roms with "Themes Only"]
-Use Hyperlist to point to: Hyperspin\media\"your system"\media\themes, folder and make an xml of "themes only" and put it in hyperspin\database\"your system"\"themes.xml".
(NOTE) (This will show "themes" only whether you have the games or not!. If you have the games, they will play. It does not create a game for you and you will be sent back to the wheel if you dont have the games rom!
(NOTE) (I haven't had any problems with this yet so Ill say its a work around to Hyperlist's "Show only Themes" approach. Still Testing).
[Show "Your Systems" roms with "Wheel Art Only"]
-Use Hyperlist to point to: Hyperspin\media\"your system"\media\wheel, folder and make an xml of "wheels only" and put it in hyperspin\database\"your system"\"wheels only.xml".
(NOTE) (This will show "Wheels" only whether you have the games or not! If you have the games, they will play. It does not create games for you and you will be sent back to the wheel if you dont have the games rom!
[Show "Mame HiToText" List for HiToText support]
-Use Hyperlist to point to: Hyperspin\HiToText\Games, folder and make an xml of "HiToText" and put it in hyperspin\database\mame\"Hi-Score.xml".
(NOTE) (This will show games supported by "HiToText" only whether you have the games or not! If you have the games, they will play. It does not create games for you and you will be sent back to the wheel if you dont have the games rom!
[Show "Mame Commands" List for CPWizard]
- For Command, download "command.ini" for mame and put in the mame\folders directory
- Open the command ini in notepad and delete everything except the actual rom names, copy the remainder of the contents to you clipboard. Dont Save.
- Go to the Hyperion Website, follow the prompts and paste the contents of your clipboard appropriatley to create an .xml for a "Mame-Commands" database.
- Once its created download\copy it and put the new "Mame-Commands.xml" into your hyperspin\database\mame directory Hyperion Account Required (see above)
(NOTE) (This will show games supported by "CPWizard" only whether you have the games or not! If you have the games, they will play. It does not create games for you and you will be sent back to the wheel if you dont have the games rom!
[Show only "Filtered-Working" in MAME roms] Hyperion Account Required
If you have a program like MameUIFX, MameXT32 (other FE's for Mame may have this feature too), select the "Working" tab in the "folder list"on the left hand side.
-Select "file" ,top left, and at the bottom is a "save current roms list" select that.
You will now be able to save a ".txt" file with all the working roms. Use this text file on the Hyperion Website above.
(NOTE) (You can also add any of the available filters in MameUIFX to further weed out say "clones" and then have a "Mame-Working-NoClones" .xml (follow the same procedure above but add the filters before you save.)
(NOTE) (This works with any "Genre" category including "CatList", "Favorites","Command", "Lightgun". For "Favoites", you have to have "Favorites" set up in "Any MameUI" that supports "Custom Folders". For Command, download "command.ini" and put in mame\folders)
[Create A Favorites.ini Folder]
- You must have a Mame gui that supports folders like MameUIFX or MameXT32.
- Place "your favorites.ini", that you create from the sample code below, in the Mame\folders directory.
- You must have these lines below in the ini, the rest you can delete and add your own.
- If you want sub folders then keep these lines below and rename them to whatever you want.
- Delete these lines below, if you dont want submenus.
[To add your own Games]
- Run any mame gui that supports folders, like MameUIFX or MameXT32 .
- in MameGUI, Right-Click on the game you want to add.
- Select "Add to Custom Folder"
- Select the Folder you want to add the game to.
- Add more Games, Add more Games, Add more Games.
[Once you have added a fair amount of games]
- Open the Favorites.ini in notepad and delete everything except the actual rom names, copy the remainder of the contents to you clipboard. Dont Save.
- Go to the Hyperion Website, follow the prompts and paste the contents of your clipboard appropriatley to create an .xml for a "Favorites" database.
[Make Your New "System.xml", Pop-Up First when entering "your systems" wheel]
(NOTE) (This is mostly for a "System Wheel" with multiple styles or genres such as Mame, though it will work for any .xml you have created above!)
(NOTE) Some systems media folders may not have a "genre" folder. Copy that from the \mame\ media folder into hyperspin\media\"your system"\images\genre folder or you'll get unsatisfactory results. No selection pointer or background.
-Rename the current "your system.xml" to "All.xml" and rename the new "themes only" or "wheel-only" .xml, created above, to "your system.xml".
(NOTE) (If you have renamed "Your System.xml" with the procedure above then once your in "Your Systems" wheel, you can select "G" for genres and select "ALL" to relist "All" of your available roms. If you select "All Games it will revert to whatever your new .xml is).
PLEASE, ADD YOUR TIPS and TRICKS