Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bent98's PIN-ZONE cabinet build **Updated 3 Monitor**

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Default Bent98's PIN-ZONE cabinet build **Updated 3 Monitor**

Hey,

Ever since I saw first video of a pincab over at FP forums I knew someone day I would get one. Finally after 2 years of waiting I got my wife to agree. The cab's artwork will be based off twlightzone cab and will be inspiried by BBB and some of the other 2 monitors cabs on the forum.

These are some images and video of progress. The person I am working with will be offering a turn key solution minus the tables. This is a protoype box right now but I will keep you all up to date on the progress as things will be moving quickly now. If anyone is interested in buying one you can pm with your you contact information. It looks like $3,995-4495 is the street price. Which will include 2.7 ghz computer with win xp/GTX 250 1GB Nivida card, 42" professsional Presntation LCD, and 22" Backbox. It will be made from plywood and all wood cuts will be done on CNC machine to ensure a precise professional product.

***Update*** 3/23/2010

a flatpack will be offered made out of furniture grade plywood. Keep checking thread to monitor status. As you can see the base was made out of that high quality plywood. It requires minimal prep to paint and sideart should to alot easier to apply. This really will be a high quality flat pack and turn key solution. I will update pcitures as soon as backbox is cut out using same playwood, as well as progress on completed cab.

***Update*** 4/2/2010

Here are some new pictures of the DMD that’s made out of a1/4" high impact plastic. It looks awesome and this material will also be used for the monitor bezel!. Both will be offered as an add to the flat pack or included if you decide to go with a full blown cab. It really gives your cabinet a clean professional look!

***Update*** 4/14/2010

New pictures with backbox painted, dmd size adjusted, and all metal U,and H channel + Speakers mounted. Project should be picking up steam and finished within next couple of weeks! Our intention at then of the day is to offer a really high quality, professional looking product.

***Update*** 4/15/2010

New Picture with Monitor Mounted in back glass. Things are starting to pick up pace. Within 2 weeks we should have a fully assembled cabinet and can start taking flat pack orders.

***Update*** 4/28/2010

As I mentioned the pace of this project will be picking up. The full cabinet should be done by the end of the weekend, with just the wiring and artwork left. I have enclosed more pictures of the following additions. I kept these pictures larger then the other to show off the quality and precision of the plastic we are using for bezels. Also wanted everyone to see how everything fits perfectly, to give it a real professional finished look.

1. TV mounted
    2. DMD bezel Speaker Holes enlarged to accommodate a 5.25" Speaker
    3. Several Pictures of monitor Bezel
    4. Playfield Glass Holders routed and mounted.

Alot of people how already built their own cabinets may not like the way their DMD and or Monitor Bezel came out. The plastic is also CNC Cut!! There will be an option for people to get the DMD and Monitor bezel cut out for their cabs. It’s probably going to run about $25-30 for dmd + Shipping and $85-100 for Playfield + shipping. IT looks amazing. If you want a flat pack you can save on the shipping for those items since it could be shipped at the same time. As you can see from the pictures it’s so worth it! The plastic is 1/4"inch think with a nice grain to it.

That’s it for now. Later.

***Update*** 4/30/2010

Small Update. Mounted 5 1/4 inch speakers and backbox hinge. Alot more to come over next couple of days.

***Update*** 5/04/2010

Cabinet built. Wiring has begin. Fans mounted. Sides painted. rail gap pieces cut. Cabinet will be fully Wired and assembled this weekend. Wood will be sanded and prepped for paint and artwork. More pictures to follow.

***Update*** 5/18/2010

Well .... It's done. Look at this Bad Boy. Still waiting for trim around the translite to come in and hinge bolt to finish it off. Many Thanks to Jack over at Arcades R Fun for such a high level of build quality. A big Thank You to BadBoyBilly for making such amazing artwork.

Looks for an official announcement from Arcades R Fun for Flat Pack pricing and full blow turn key solution for those who don’t want to put together.

***Updated 5/8/2011 **** Converted to 3 Monitor setup. Used Custom Logo and Jack over at Arcades R Fun helped out with Custom DMD Bezel!!!

- 42 16:9 lcd fullhd 1080p screen
    - 17" 16:10 lcd dmd-screen
    -32" Samsung LCD

- pc-setup
    winxp sp3
    Core i7 @ 3.80ghz
    gigabtye X58 isli
    4gig ddr2 ram
    120 gig OCZ SSD Drive
    nvidia gtx275 with 1.7 GB ram (for playfield,backbox, and dmd)
    2.1 Logitech 250 watt speakers
    Last edited by bent98; 05-08-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Thanks

Nice that you are able to get started! Looking forward to seeing what you create.

Elite Member
    Thanks

Yo , isn't the backbox 19 inch a little small compared to the bigger playfield monitor?
    why nog with a 24 or 26?

VP Artist & Table Author oooPLAYER1ooo's Avatar
    Thanks

Pin-zone was my second choice of a name for my cab looking forward to see it come together

Nice Guys Finish Last, Player Finishes On Her Face....................

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Talking

well it was a no brainer for me. Its my last name!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by njay View Post
    Yo , isn't the backbox 19 inch a little small compared to the bigger playfield monitor?
    why nog with a 24 or 26?
    Sorry, typo. Its a 22 inch in vertical position.

Elite Member
    Thanks

nice

Thanks

good to see it starting, looking forward to the progress!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Here are some shots of my setup for testing. Also my sweet powdered coated silverVein Coin door.

Last edited by bent98; 03-07-2010 at 08:04 AM.

Thanks

what screen is that ure using for the playfield?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast