Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyperspin Naming Utility

Lurker
    Thanks

Default Hyperspin Naming Utility

*** Edit 12/1/2010 ***

I'm sorry for the delays, but haven't abandonded this utility. I just posted v.4 of the utility. I didn't have time to add in every request, but this version adds in a better Folder selection which will remember the last folder and the ability to minimize the app window to the tray. I will consider adding in sub folder support but will have to rework a good portion of how I initial wrote the app to track the files, etc.

You can download the latest version here: http://johnbeere.com/arcade/hypersync/hypersync.zip (29 kb)

*** Edit 9/21/2010 ***

BadBoyBill gave me the OK to put a link directly to the utlity download here in the thread and to post it in the downloads section. I have been using the utility for several days now and don't know of any issues with it, but please post to the thread if you find a problem or would like to see it do something further.

You can download the latest version here: http://johnbeere.com/arcade/hypersync/hypersync.zip (27 kb)

There is no installation and it should run just fine on any version of Windows.

*** End Edit ***

Hi all,

I'm new around here, and maybe have overlooked something, but one of the biggest frustrations with setting up hyperspin has been the syncing of all the roms/boxart/video filenames to what is in Hyperspin's XML database. So I wrote a utility to help..

Here you can see the default hyperspin Genesis database on the left and a romset I downloaded which all are misnamed (and some missing).

In this screenshot, the utility has renamed all the filenames based on the matching pairs I've selected. Double-clicking either the left or right hand list will rename the file (the extension is left intact, so this works for roms, video, boxart, etc).

In this screenshot I have clicked 'Show All Exceptions' in the 'Exceptions' menu. The other two options, so far, are 'Show DB Exceptions' and 'Show Data Exceptions'. Clicking this item refreshes each list and removes all entries which have a match. You can see that the files the utility has renamed are now removed from the list..

And finally, here you can see the video folder for the 32X compared against the 32X database. There is only one video missing..

So.. would anyone else be interested in a copy of this? Right now, it only manages files and does not edit the XML databases (to add / remove games), but it could if there was enough interest in it..
    Last edited by Liepo; 12-01-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks

I would like a copy to test, send to badboybill@hyperspin-fe.com. Looks pretty simple to use and does what it needs to do. I like to two pane view also. I'm updating the databases right now and updating old artwork and making new artwork so I think this a quick way to help me update some of the old artwork names after I do a major database rewrite. Thanks for sharing.
    Download every Theme all at once with FTP access! FTP accounts are now created automatically when you upgrade your account.

My Cabs:

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,106 Times in 77 Posts

Bill, once you get the file put it on the FTP. I'd like to test this out as well

Lurker
    Thanks

I haven't written any instructions for the utility yet, but it is really as easy as:
    1) Select the database file on the left (or drag and drop)
    2) Select the data folder on the right (or drag and drop)
    3) Highlight the game name on the left
    4) Double-click the corresponding file name on the right which will trigger the file rename
    --or--
    3) Highlight the file name on the right
    4) Double-click the corresponding game name on the left which will trigger the file rename

I also added a multi-select delete to the data view which will send the files to your recycle bin (but only if the files are local, otherwise they just get deleted). Just right click on the highlighted filenames or hit the Delete key on your keyboard.

The exceptions should be pretty obvious- there are currently three options. 'Show DB Exceptions' only refreshes the DB list, removing all items which have a match. 'Show Data Exceptions' only refreshs the Data list, removing all items which have a match. 'Show All Exceptions' just runs the routine for both the DB and Data list. The 'Reload All' button reloads the Database and gets an updated view of the files in the data folder.

Administrator
    Thanks

I just tested it out, so far it seems it works pretty good. I'd like to see horizontal scroll on the panes, so I can see the full file name if needed. I think it would be nice to output an exception list to a text file. For example if I needed to send circo a list of all the games that need videos, then he would have a neat text file to show what work he needs to do. Thanks.
    Download every Theme all at once with FTP access! FTP accounts are now created automatically when you upgrade your account.

My Cabs:

Lurker
    Thanks

The zip file has been updated. The updated version now scrolls horizontally in the listboxes as well as two new options under the 'Export' tab: 'Export DB Exceptions' and 'Export Data Exceptions'. When clicked, you will be prompted to select the output filename. The default name is the SelectedDatabaseName.db.exceptions.txt and SelectedDatabaseName.data.exceptions.txt.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,106 Times in 77 Posts

Ya know... Liepo. What we could really use is an app that can check the names existing MAME game themes, name updates when there are updates to MAME. For consoles we don't need to worry much about that, but MAME changes rom names and our theme names need to match the rom names.

Perhaps, if you can help out with some of this stuff we can hook you up with Gold access or something in return.

Lurker
    Thanks

I'm sure I can assist with this.. let me do some research. Any info you'd like to throw my way to better illustrate the problem the better..

Hyper-padawan
    Thanks

Ohhh guy's please let us know when this is available. This program would help me out a great deal!

I'm just Hyper.......

Thanks

This is great!!
    CLICK http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/album.php?albumid=96 CLICK

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast