Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hypersin not allowing custom key changes to save in MAME.

delt31

When I launch mame via hyperspin, and I change a control (tab - find button 1 and change it to x or y, etc) it will not save that custom change when I exit however if I launch mame directly and make the custom change, it's saved.  any idea why or how I can fix this?  Something in hyperspin is causing the changes not to save.

That's what I've been doing (setting up controls outside of hyperspin).  Problem is it's annoying b/c I end up having to open, then close then open.  I know it's possible to do in hyperspin as it used to work before.  any suggestions on how to fix it?

Similarly, doing the add to fav option no longer actually adds them (must add them myself in the text file in the folder)....not sure if there is a fix for that either.

I have to set the "default.cfg" file to Read Only otherwise it goes back to default, I'm not entirely sure it's HyperSpin that's causing it but will investigate. 

That cfg file is in the mame cfg folder btw.

I have to set the "default.cfg" file to Read Only otherwise it goes back to default, I'm not entirely sure it's HyperSpin that's causing it but will investigate. 

That cfg file is in the mame cfg folder btw.

Thanks for the help.

Just so I understand correctly - is your suggestion to right click the default.cfg file (in the mame cfg folder) and make it read only?  And if so, will that address why the button changes aren't staying if i enter mame through hyperspin or why adding favorites through hyperspin doesn't work?  

Correct, all that is doing is stopping whatever is adjusting the cfg. Set your controls in Mame, make a copy of the default.cfg and then set the original to Read-Only.

The adding favourites issue shouldn't be linked, have you set the correct keys in HS for saving favourites?

it works!  I ended up right clicking the mame folder and noticed that the read only box was checked so after unchecking that (which made write possible for all underlying folders), I'm able to launch hyperspin and change buttons and add favorites and it stays when I quit out.  I bet the changes I was making via hyperspin weren't staying b/c of the read only permission. Appreciate the help - 

Archived