Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Getting Zinc to work with hyperspin?

RetroJay

Hey People.

I guess i've reached the point of not knowing what to do but ask...

How in the world of all loving retro games do you get zinc to work as any other emulator with Hyperspin?

I've read  other posts here saying that mame emulates the games just as good, but please don't give me that, don't bother to answer if you thought about that.

there is a clear difference in 3d quality between the two and also zinc is more fluent in low spec computers...

Is there any additional software or something like a batch file helping the zinc emulator to start up the right way, or something along those lines? 

Please if anyone got it to work launching a game from hyperspin, be a good soul and explain to me how. :) 

Many Thanks in advance!

I think you should do your homework a bit better my friend, Both 3D quality and sound is much better on the zinc than on the mame emulator, not to forget the FPS rate is much better in Zinc. Aslo, depending on what version of mame you have, different games work on different versions i've notised.

Here is one example of why i want the PS-based games to run on Zinc rather than Mame...

'eat your configs'... that doesn't even make any sense. Have you setup Zinc before? It really isn't that difficult, just use Aldo's Zinc FE.

The quality difference between zinc (any 3D emu) and mame is drastic. Mame is on the left in the examples below.

mame_eg_zps83aed842.png zinc_eg_zps5f20270e.png

Now please don't start a discussion about this again, if you can just please help me find some way to set it up so that hyaperspin launches zinc games with the zinc emulator.

Thanks for trying to help though ;)

Have a look for psxmame. Runs/sets up like mame, but with zinc's hardware acceleration.

The grapics are improoved on this one but there are some color-shading tares and also the sound is awful, high pitched sounds tend to lag and get stuck in some kind of delay loop through out the game play... but thanks alot for the tip, i will definetly look closer into this one :)

So no one else have set up Zinc, ever in here?

Archived