Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

New Video Tutorial On How to Install / Update HyperSpin 1.4 and RocketLauncher

Iggy

Good Afternoon,

SimplyAustin has recorded an excellent video on how to install and update HyperSpin v1.4 and RocketLauncher to supplement the written guides (not all the guides are written out, however; they are in process).  Give him a shout out for a job very well done.  Tutorial can be found here:  http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/tutorials/article/51-video-how-to-install-hyperspin-14-and-rocketlauncher/

Iggy

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for the tutorials. Even for things I have running, I check them out to understand things better or to troubleshoot when I have problems.

On your RetroArch tutorial, I noticed you set up your key bindings wrong. When it says "B down", the "down" means the bottom button on your pad. Not the letter B on the Xbox controller which is to the right. They refer to everything in relation to their RetroArch Pad.

It would have been awesome to show the effects the shaders have. I don't even know what HLSL, GLSL and overlays are.

It would be great to have an advanced tutorial to cover things like in HyperHQ What Artwork 1,2,3,4 are, what are interstitial backgrounds, what effect does App Quality have... I have tried turning these off and on and don't know where to look for the difference.

Things like how to set up themes for 16x9 and then prevent HyperSync from overwriting it. How to do disc swaps for multi disc games. How to set up HyperPause, Instruction Cards, Plugins Artwork, and where to get the content for it. What is rom mapping? I don't understand many of the module options even after reading the tooltip descriptions. How to set up Xbox360 and PS3 controls in MAME (and so there isn't a 1.5 minute freeze before they work in HS). Basically all the things that I haven't figured out or fully gotten to work even though I've had HS up and running for almost two years.

Just some ideas if you needed any. Thanks again.

Thank you very much for the tutorials. Even for things I have running, I check them out to understand things better or to troubleshoot when I have problems.

On your RetroArch tutorial, I noticed you set up your key bindings wrong. When it says "B down", the "down" means the bottom button on your pad. Not the letter B on the Xbox controller which is to the right. They refer to everything in relation to their RetroArch Pad.

It would have been awesome to show the effects the shaders have. I don't even know what HLSL, GLSL and overlays are.

It would be great to have an advanced tutorial to cover things like in HyperHQ What Artwork 1,2,3,4 are, what are interstitial backgrounds, what effect does App Quality have... I have tried turning these off and on and don't know where to look for the difference.

Things like how to set up themes for 16x9 and then prevent HyperSync from overwriting it. How to do disc swaps for multi disc games. How to set up HyperPause, Instruction Cards, Plugins Artwork, and where to get the content for it. What is rom mapping? I don't understand many of the module options even after reading the tooltip descriptions. How to set up Xbox360 and PS3 controls in MAME (and so there isn't a 1.5 minute freeze before they work in HS). Basically all the things that I haven't figured out or fully gotten to work even though I've had HS up and running for almost two years.

Just some ideas if you needed any. Thanks again.

I noticed the same thing when he was confused by the down, right etc stuff. It's simply giving you a relative position which is awesome since buttons on your pad may not match the button it's asking for.

Thaqnks guys and thanks for the ideas....  Also I hear you on the Key Binding thing  (RetroArch)... I thought I had things binded wrong too... but then on some cores it matches, some it doesnt  Maybe a bug or something on some cores.  

You see some Emulators its right... some its wrong.  If you bind with relative position (like the B Down) and then play DS games, the buttons are in the wrong place for navigation.  Hehehe... I may comment though to warn people about it :D

Love the video ideas though mate.  Had to take a break with Christmas... seems everyone in my family has a Birthday at Christmas hehehee.  Back in he swing of it and catching up again.. HyperSpin vids on the way yiipeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived