Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

missing rocketlauncherui database files

Deezdrama

Sorry for blasting the board with so many questions :no:

been following simply austins YT videos and about 4 hour long videos into it and ran into an issue. Ive already figured it out but wondering whats up with it.

In the video he is using hyperlaunch....Im using rocketlauncher

When running a mame rom in HS it gave me an error that rocketlauncherui/databases/mame.xml was missing.

I knew it was in my HS database folder so just copied the folder into rocketlauncher and things are working.

Did this database location change with RL?

will all future systems I set up need the databases moved to RL?

thanks

There was an update of Rlauncher a day or two ago, you need to set Hyperspin as default frontend and plugin on the general settings page.

And like Jeremey said, it wouldn't do any harm having a look at the RL forums also. Tons knowledge is to be found there.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Searching that forum for anything always generates a cacophony of unrelated multi-page threads.  I searched this problem in google and it led me here.

True (same here a jumble of disorganized madness). But you don't have to search at all for the update notes. They're announced right on the RL forum, with all changes and instructions listed, every time they update.

• 2 weeks later...

Why answer with a jerk response? GO LOOK HERE YA STUPID DUMBY... is pretty much what you are saying. Let's just say,

Go the General Settings in RocketLauncherUI.

Go to RocketLauncher tab (if not there already, the tabs are RocketLauncher, Controls, and Third Party)

Click on the down arrow in the DEFAULT PLUGIN (Base Settings) from RocketLauncher to HyperSpin.

Then under Paths, change DEFAULT FRONTEND PATH to your HyperSpin.exe (eg. d:\arcade\hyperspin\hyperspin.exe) location rather than the RocketLauncher.exe.

Problem solved... ENJOY! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for a straightforward answer dieselBoss.

You'll find that most of the time people who know the answer, will not tell you the answer, yet take the time to tell someone to look somewhere else or search blah blah. So your answer was a breath of fresh air.

I had this same problem, will try your fix. thank you.

First time trying Hyperspin + RL. Seems there are 'emulator', 'roms' and 'database' folders everywhere (don't know where to put stuff...and saying "copy in both isnt a worthwhile solution), and the setup instuctions said to create 'emulator' and 'roms' folders in the root directory, to make things more confusing.

Thanks for a straightforward answer dieselBoss.

You'll find that most of the time people who know the answer, will not tell you the answer, yet take the time to tell someone to look somewhere else or search blah blah. So your answer was a breath of fresh air.

I had this same problem, will try your fix. thank you.

First time trying Hyperspin + RL. Seems there are 'emulator', 'roms' and 'database' folders everywhere (don't know where to put stuff...and saying "copy in both isnt a worthwhile solution), and the setup instuctions said to create 'emulator' and 'roms' folders in the root directory, to make things more confusing.

Just think of them as separate programs.

A single Hyperspin folder, with all it's files and folders inside.

And a separate Rocketlauncher folder with all its associated files & folders.

Databases for Hyperspin go in the Hyperspin Database folder (you probably won't ever need to use the RL Database folder)

You can keep your emulators and roms wherever you like. Personally since there is already an Emulators folder in the Hyperspin folder I just put them all in there and then I keep all my roms for each emulator in the same emulator folder so they're all together.

Some people like to keep a Roms folder separate from the Hyperspin and RLauncher folders.

Really the thing to remember is not to mix them together.

• 2 weeks later...

Why answer with a jerk response? GO LOOK HERE YA STUPID DUMBY... is pretty much what you are saying. Let's just say,

Go to RocketLauncher tab (if not there already, the tabs are RocketLauncher, Controls, and Third Party)

Click on the down arrow in the DEFAULT PLUGIN (Base Settings) from RocketLauncher to HyperSpin.

Then under Paths, change DEFAULT FRONTEND PATH to your HyperSpin.exe (eg. d:\arcade\hyperspin\hyperspin.exe) location rather than the RocketLauncher.exe.

Dude thank you so much mate !

thank you u rock bro!

• 4 months later...

cannot find

C:\rocketlauncher\rocketlauncherui\databases\mame\ mame.xml

Thanks Champ, now my hyperspin works without errors..

also here, make sure you look and follow screenshot.. http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showt...ncher-v1-0-1-4   same solution different way of getting there..

Archived