Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Need help with hyperspin video setting Games in Pixels

j2chulo

Hello community. Let me introduce myself I'm Jay and I am kind of new to hyperspin. I had used mame for years now, on and off. I recently decide to build a nice retro game machine. I am not going to go into detail about CP specs. My problem is when I launch a game straight from mame games video resolution look good but when I launch the game through hyperspin they video game its showing in pixels. For example SF2 Ryu face its made out of pixels. I mean you can see it while when I launch same game through mame Ryu face look like and smooth. I am running hyperspin 1.4 and mame_Plus_Ash_Build_64_0.168. 

I appreciate any help. thanks

Picture on the right side it's fine, Left pic showing pixels

post-85391-0-33247200-1449611877_thumb.jpg

Hi Jay and welcome.

Mame may have some Bilinear filtering set but it is not switched on in RLUI under Edit Global Model Settings. Have a look there.

Thank you for your quick reply gigapig. I just finished looking through RLUI setting on global setting and mame setting. I cannot find the problem. I did noted that screen resolution on Multigame  General option for base with its at 1920 and eight 1080 but I am assuming that is the resolution for hypersping not for the game. 

sorry I am really a noob when it come to hyperspin. I am looking at RLUI trying to find the bilinear filter under Edit Global Model Settings. but I can not find it. can somebody guide me step by step where is the bilinear filter. or post a pictures on where is the setting located. thank

Gigapig thank you so much that did it. My setting was set to default I changed it to True and it fixed the pixels problem with my games. I see there are few other option there like bezels  GLSL, HLSL, Cheatmode etc on this setting menu, I will like to find out more and see what I can change on hyperspin. but I guest this is something I will figured out slow. Its there a Manual for hyperspin that kind of explain some of this setting. Thanks again for your help.

:thanks:

Gigapig thank you so much that did it. My setting was set to default I changed it to True and it fixed the pixels problem with my games. I see there are few other option there like bezels  GLSL, HLSL, Cheatmode etc on this setting menu, I will like to find out more and see what I can change on hyperspin. but I guest this is something I will figured out slow. Its there a Manual for hyperspin that kind of explain some of this setting. Thanks again for your help.

:thanks:

There are guides in the tutorials section, there are video guides on Youtube and you can ask questions about anything here or RocketLauncher question at the RocketLauncher forum.

HyperHQ is the GUI to make changes to HyperSpin and RocketLauncherUI is the GUI to make changes to RocketLauncher.

You can check out my video guides for HLSL & GLSL here, if there is a certain look you want to achieve then let us know.

Agree with both of you gigapig and jeremy0203. I understand the concept of how hyperspin its the main frontend while hyperHQ and RocketLaunchUI are the GUI to tweak and change the setting for hyperspin. I really like the link to you youtube channel gigapig. I will go over your videos and try to learn from them. I being watching simple austin who also have great video about hyperspin. Again I appreciate your help

Archived