Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin 1.3.2 very laggy

epac90

Title pretty much says it. I was running Hyperspin 1.2, and it ran great. However, when I upgraded to 1.3.2, I get alot more lag (wheels, animations, everything). I have a phenom II 965 at 3.6ghz (200mhz overclock) and 4Gb's of RAM, that should be well more than enough to run it. I also have flash player 11 installed and updated. I've seen several other people in some other threads that have the same problem, is this currently being worked on? I have not updated my vids to .mp4's, still using .flv's, though I don't think this would cause this issue. Is anybody else still having this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it? Thanks.

Also, my main reason for upgrading is that I'm really wanting to try out the new Hyperlaunch. Is it possible to use RocketLauncher with Hyperspin 1.2?

I have the app quality on HIGH at the moment, also I'm at work so I can't change it right now. Is there a very noticable difference from say LOW to HIGH? I'm mainly just wondering why 1.3.2 would run worse than 1.2, especially since I believe it added better multi-core support. Like I said, 1.2 runs great on HIGH, 1.3.2 is much worse.

I have the app quality on HIGH at the moment, also I'm at work so I can't change it right now. Is there a very noticable difference from say LOW to HIGH? I'm mainly just wondering why 1.3.2 would run worse than 1.2, especially since I believe it added better multi-core support. Like I said, 1.2 runs great on HIGH, 1.3.2 is much worse.

Apart from proving a point, why would you want to turn all the good stuff off? Especially on your system.

Sometimes I have more than 1 instance of Hyperspin running, not sure why. It may slow things down.

Press cntl alt del, go to processes and see if Hyperspin appears more than once.

Apart from proving a point, why would you want to turn all the good stuff off? Especially on your system.

Sometimes I have more than 1 instance of Hyperspin running, not sure why. It may slow things down.

Press cntl alt del, go to processes and see if Hyperspin appears more than once.

Exactly. I shouldn't have to turn anything down. All of my graphics settings have stayed the same, yet run worse with the newest .exe. I have not looked to see if multiple instances of Hyperspin is running, I'll be sure to check that when I get home. Is it possible to use RocketLauncher with Hyperspin 1.2? I know that 1.3.2 has a definable path for Hyperlaunch's location, is there anyway to do this with 1.2?

Exactly. I shouldn't have to turn anything down. All of my graphics settings have stayed the same, yet run worse with the newest .exe. I have not looked to see if multiple instances of Hyperspin is running, I'll be sure to check that when I get home. Is it possible to use RocketLauncher with Hyperspin 1.2? I know that 1.3.2 has a definable path for Hyperlaunch's location, is there anyway to do this with 1.2?

I think I get multiple instances because I'm in and out of HS, testing. I don't think it closes properly.

You cannot use RL with older versions of HS. Sorry not entirely true.

There is some talk about this issue (may be related) here.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?26829-Mortal-Kombat-9-PC-THEME

You can use RL with an older hs but you need a dummy hyperlaunch exe to forward the launch command to the real one

Only BBB can answer why there is a performance difference.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I guess I'll try turning the settings down and dealing with it for now, maybe there will be a 1.3.3 addressing some of the performance issues. Djvj, I'm a complete noob at Hyperlaunch so I really don't know how to set that up, and it seems like it may just be easier to deal with a little lag on the frontend.

Turn it down. You won't notice any difference whatsoever except smoothness.

Just turned it all off in the optimizer. It's ok, but not as cool, you loose a lot of animations, so I turned it all on again. I suppose you can be selective.

It lagged anyway when it started up.

Anyone running off an SSD and getting lag?

djvj can you make such an application that its possible to take the old one hyperspin i think there are many people here the would go back to the much smoother old exe or you knowing if bbb working on an update?

i have now tried to set it down on medium but the stutters dont go away i dont think this problem has something to do with the quality there are more bugs in the new hyperspin build hope this will be fixed or possible to go back to the old one with the new hyperlaunch because i dont wont to chance back and lose the great step forward with the new hyperlauch

May I suggest for testing purposes take Hyperspin out of full screen mode, if you notice a marginal improvement in performance it might be you PC is struggling running Hyperspin at your full desktop resolution.

This might not be ideal but try lowering you desktop resolution then test Hyperspin in full screen mode, this inproved preformance for me.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Works great djvj, and just compared hs1.2 against all versions of 1.3 and 1.2 is definitely a lot smoother than 1.3.

Pity that 1.2 as no mp4 support so I have to look if I still have my old flv movies for mame somewhere which was the only system I updated with new mp4 videos.

I did use the Emumovies converter for the new videos, I had the other still on a backup (just in case the update went wrong?) I'm very happy with this solution ver. 1.1 is the stable version and I never had any trouble with it. ( like wheel keep spinning, exit issues, flag and strobe don't work etc) I think I'll just wait for a stable 1.4 or 1.5 version before I let this version go ? By the way I'll be glad to help test different versions if needed...

Sent from my {Nokia Lumia 925} using Board Express

Shame as most of the 2000+ mame video updates were never released in flv format :(

But you can use the emumovies one click converter to convert the current mp4s to flv

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh nice, thx for the tip Circo :beer:

Archived