Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HiToText (Hi score support)

Fyrecrypts

Hello bleasby,

Yes, I keep this requirement in mind when writing this utility: have inputs and outputs as close as possible to hitotext.

I have updated the online doc: http://greatstone.free.fr/hi2txt/doc/index.html#usage

So, output is the same.

RANK|SCORE|NAME|AREA|SPACESHIP|POWERUP|MAXHIT

1|468395520|PIE|ALL|RED|SHOT|359

2|5908065|OSD|1|BLUE|LASER|96

3|5637680|PIE|2-3|GREEN|SHOT|139

4|5544337|H.S|1|BLUE|LASER|96

5|3027206|PIE|5|RED|SHOT|170

And inputs are similar (-r, -ra) as there are additional parameters like -hiscoredat and -descr.

-descr is optional if hi2txt is launched from its installation path, else it specifies where are stored the XML description files.

-hiscoredat is mandatory, as it allows to select the right hi files decryption, in case different content has been defined by different hiscore.dat for the same game.

Many thanks for your support and HyperPause possible integration :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new release (1.1@20140809) today for hi2txt ;D

=> huge focus on toaplan games and a contribution from William L. (Pang).

What's new?

new games supported:

V-Five, Grind Stormer, Vimana, Vanguard II, The Amazing Adventures of Mr. F. Lea

Jin, Metal Soldier Isaac II, Vapor Trail, Kuhga, Spac Force, Meteoroids,

Armed Police Batrider, Battle Bakraid, Battle Garegga, 1945 Part-2, Dogyuun,

FixEight, Ghox, Knuckle Bash, Kingdom Grandprix, Shippu Mahou Daisakusen,

Sorcer Striker, Mahou Daisakusen, Pipi & Bibis, Whoopee, Teki Paki, Truxton II, Demon's World

Pang, Pomping World, Buster Bros.

better format@formatter possibilities

new 'txt' element for better XML readibility

minor fixes

Grab it here: http://greatstone.free.fr/hi2txt/index.html

Regards,

G.

• 4 weeks later...

A new release of hi2txt (1.2@20140901), a little bit shmup oriented...

What's new?

new games supported:

Guwange, DonPachi, Fever SOS / Dangun Feveron, Fire Shark,

Hellfire, Same! Same! Same!, Rally Bike, Truxton / Tatsujin,

Zero Wing, Battle K-Road, Gunbird, Gunbird 2, Samurai Aces / Sengoku Ace

Tengai, Strikers 1945, Strikers 1945 III / Strikers 1999, Space Bomber

Sol Divide, Tetris The Absolute The Grand Master 2/+, Gunbarich

note: for guwange, it was a great pleasure to learn sokuon, youon, dakuten,

handakuten, Hepburn romanization and the Iroha poem :)

games updated for hiscore.dat 2014-08-22:

Espgaluda, Nightmare in the dark, Major Havoc, Ketsui, Dazzler, V-Five

XML engine improved, for easier 'hi/nvram' files description:

japanese Hiragana defined as entities

add pre-defined charset for number

new operation 'uppercase' is supported for format

new operation 'shift' is supported for format

new attribute 'skip-first-bytes' and 'skip-last-bytes' for loop

different groups of 'case' are supported inside the same format definition

new attribute 'empty' and 'consume' for prefix and suffix operations

minor fixes

Grab it here: http://greatstone.free.fr/hi2txt/hi2txt.html

Have a happy scoring time!!

GreatStone

• 1 month later...

And now, it's time for a release of hi2txt (1.3@20141004)!

What's new?

____54 new games supported!

________Puzzle Uo Poko, Puzzle Mushihime-Tama!, Gyrodine, Planet Probe, Repulse/'99: The Last War,

________Dimahoo/Great Mahou Daisakusen, Air Gallet, Air Assault, Battle Chopper/Mr Heli,

________The Battle-Road, Cosmic Cop/Gallop Armed Police Unit, Demoneye-X, Dragon Breed,

________Gunforce, Gunforce II/Gep Storm, In The Hunt, Lethal Thunder/Thunder Blaster, Ninja Spirit,

________R-Type Leo, Tiger Heli, Wardner, Mars Matrix, Darius, Acrobat Mission, Saint Dragon,

________P-47 The Phantom Fighter, P-47 Aces, Wiz, Stinger, Darius II, G-Darius, Scion, Rug Rats,

________Hot Chase, Warp & Warp, Vulgus, Ultraman, Vulcan Venture, Hard Puncher, Tutankham,

________Tumble Pop, Toypop, Libble Rabble, Top Speed, Plump Pop, Insector X, Dr. Toppel's Adventure,

________Chuka Taisen, Bells & Whistles/Detana! Twin Bee, Super Contra, Thief, Gemini Wing,

________The New Zealand Story

____XML engine improved, for easier 'hi/nvram' files description:

________new format operation 'divide_round'

________new format operation 'round'

________new format operation 'capitalize'

________new format operation 'lowercase'

________new format operation 'loopindex'

________new @direction="both" for format operation 'trim'

________lot of new implicit format syntaxes

________minor improvements and fixes

As usual, everything (including full documentation), is here: http://greatstone.free.fr/hi2txt/hi2txt.html

Any comments? or request?

GreatStone

Just downloaded the utility and haven't gotten far... I can't seem to find the

Info that talks about how to set it up. Do you simply download the utility and drop it in ur mame root folder after you have high scores set up within mame? What do I do with the utility?

Hello ninja2bceen,

This utility is a pure command-line tool.

It means that you can use it by launching it yourself on a console and providing the right arguments to decode the hiscores file you want.

It would be great if some frontends (Hello HyperSpin!) can support it directly so that this extraction of highscores can be done automatically when you go out of a game, and displayed somewhere in the frontend.

It can also be used to send highscores to a global online leaderboard.

Etc.

Thanks for your interest,

Regards,

GreatStone.

I see so basically any time an update to high scores happens you have to reuse the utility to get it to display on hyperspina front end. I was thinking it would automatically populate scores on the fronted but it sounds like we aren't quiets there yet. I'll watch for this until that day then ;-)

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Hello ninja2bceen,

This utility is a pure command-line tool.

It means that you can use it by launching it yourself on a console and providing the right arguments to decode the hiscores file you want.

It would be great if some frontends (Hello HyperSpin!) can support it directly so that this extraction of highscores can be done automatically when you go out of a game, and displayed somewhere in the frontend.

It can also be used to send highscores to a global online leaderboard.

Etc.

Thanks for your interest,

Regards,

GreatStone.

I will see if I can include it inside Hypermarquee!

Ok, first observation, can someone produce an installation user guide for dummys? This is great Tool that needs to be accessible to all users. (simple step by step installation procedure)

tx,

• 8 months later...

Antos or others, have u figured out a way to use this hi2text app to display high scores more accurately? If not I'm happy with the hi.dats that publish hi scores. Seems like this hi2text just opens things up more of it can be utilized over the standard high score feature we already have going for us

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I had improved the current high scores decoding engine of hi2txt utility, added some games and most important created also a native C# version, additionally to the Java one.

What's new in 1.4 version?

18 new games supported + many clones!
Play Girls 2, Palamedes, Fighting Hawk, Pirate Pete, Gun & Frontier, Liquid Kids,
Metal Black, Super Space Invaders '91, Space Invaders '95: The Attack Of Lunar Loonies,
Bubble Bobble II, Bubble Symphony, Grid Seeker: Project Storm Hammer, Ray Force,
Kyukyoku Tiger II, Raiden DXRaiden II, Tiger Road, Kamikaze

games updated for hiscore.dat 2015-07-01: many!
games updated for hiscore.dat 2015-01-31: many!

hi2txt general improvements:
a native C# version exists!
output customization and filtering, through command-line parameters (see doc for more information)
-score-grouping, -score-grouping-separator, -score-grouping-size
-keep-field, -keep-table-value, -keep-first-score, -keep-first-table, -hide-field
-max-lines, -max-columns

As usual, everything (including full documentation), is here: http://greatstone.fr...txt/hi2txt.html
Feedback is welcome as well as game support request  smile.png 

And here is a simple installation guide for the C# version:
  • DOT.NET Framework 4.5+ must be installed on your Windows
  • unzip [email protected]@20150912.CSharp.7z
  • go inside 'example' folder and double-click on read.bat => It will read a hiscore file and display extracted data. Have a look inside read.bat to see the command-line.

Regards,
GreatStone

Myself? The 2 versions are strictly aligned in term of features.

I will say that it is easier to use the C# version on a Windows machine.

On any other operating system, the Java version is the one to be used.

It all depends on your own taste :)

I am interested to see if it can be supported inside Hyperspin to show the hiscores when browsing games.

in hyperspin I have an old hitotext.exe and a hitotext.xml. Within the download, I see a db folder but I cant find a hitotext.xml. Do I just need to drop the hi2text file in the hyperspin folder? I have just updated the dat files as well in the mame folder. Also looks like the file is renamed slighty from the previous version. does any of that matter? If I rename the file to hitotext.exe to match the older version, I no longer see high scores in hyperspin. I'm going to keep the old version until the reply

thanks for the new dat file though!

Hello ninja, 

I have slighlty modified the hi2txt exectuable to be used directly inside mame directory.

At least now, it is working fine with my own installation of mame,

Before publishing a new version, I would like to know how the old "hitotext" utility is launched by HyperSpin: what is the command-line used and from which working directory?

The old hitotext exe needs to be placed in the hyperspin root folder. The hiscore dat file goes the the mame root. I tried to do the same but with the new exe, it wouldn't display anything in hyperspins ui. So r u saying u can get the high score to display in hyperspin? If so how?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The old hitotext exe needs to be placed in the hyperspin root folder. The hiscore dat file goes the the mame root. I tried to do the same but with the new exe, it wouldn't display anything in hyperspins ui. So r u saying u can get the high score to display in hyperspin? If so how?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a correction. Hiscore.dat goes in the mame/dats folder not root of mame.

So, anybody can provide me an exact file structure of the different parts?

Where are the games?

Where is mame?

Where is hiscore.dat?

Where is hitotext.exe?

Is it something like this?

mame/dats/hiscore.dat

mame/hi/*.hi

mame/hitotext.exe

mame/mame64.exe

By chance anybody knowns how the utility is called by hyperspin?

used working directory, command-line?

@gigapig: can you give me the message during the crash if any?

Regards,

G.

So, anybody can provide me an exact file structure of the different parts?

Where are the games?

E:/arcade-pc/Mame/mame .145/roms

Where is mame?

E:/arcade-pc/mame/mame .145

Where is hiscore.dat?

E:/arcade-pc/mame/mame .145/dats

Where is hitotext.exe?

E:/arcade-pc/hyperspin

Is it something like this?

mame/dats/hiscore.dat----- yes

mame/hi/*.hi-----yes

mame/hitotext.exe----- no

mame/mame64.exe---- yes

By chance anybody knowns how the utility is called by hyperspin? It won't display in hyperspin unless it's in the root. Hitotexf.exe. Note ur update had a slightly different name

used working directory, command-line?

@gigapig: can you give me the message during the crash if any?

Regards,

G.

Tapatalk signature

After following the tutorial to configure "HiToText", I am able to get hiscores in HyperSpin.

Now, by just renaming my own hi2txt.exe into HiToText.exe, I don't see anything.

Does anybody knows how HyperSpin is calling HiToText to get the hiscores?

Is there a way to activate more traces inside the HyperSpin log and see the command-line used to call HiToText?

Any help will be appreciated :)

Regards,

G.

I have no idea what is the command line that HS uses and I believe neither djvj and brolly would know also.

So, I don't think posting in the RocketLauncher will bring you with any new info, but you could try anyway.

This is for sure a question to BBB to answer. Maybe Circo or other user could help to reach him about that.

By the way greatstone, nice job as usual. I still have pending taking a look about replacing the HitoText version used by RocketLauncher, but it seams that I will have to take a look at it as soon as I can. Thks  

I am still searching what can be the difference between the 2 utilities for HyperSpin.

So, I tried to use "procmon" from SysInternals to follow Hyperspin activity:

PID: 13712, Command line: "E:\Program Files (x86)\Hyperspin\HiToText.exe" -l

PID: 21604, Command line: "E:\Program Files (x86)\Hyperspin\HiToText.exe" -r "T:\data\mame\v0.159\prog\hi/1941.hi"

I slightly fixed "-l" parameter usage so that it can work without having an access to hiscore.dat, but it is still not enough.

When I am calling myself the 2 utilities for the same, even for the new fix, the results are identical: so, I am still stuck and do not understand why one is working and the other not...

I will now have a look at rocket launcher stuff :)

Archived