Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

MAME core setup RetroArch with system folder!!!

Sting

Just for android?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The system folder I've uploaded should work on any device, as I've set it up with all the options of a PC version just in case some of the other PC options get ported to Android. If you follow my other videos the setup should be the same, for the individual systems on both Android and PC, I'd probably try following the Amstrad GX4000 setup first, because it doesn't need BIOS files and then work from there :)

I'm having some problems getting my MAME core running . I'm on Android 6.0 & RetroArch 1.3.3_git. 

First, I setup my per core config using the advice from this thread. Now my cores all look to /sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/cfg for thier cfg files when loaded via Hyperspin. I have double checked that the MAME git core is loading /sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/cfg/mame/mame.cfg

Then I followed the procedure in Sting's video. Coppied the system folder from Sting's mega download to the com.retroarch folder, so the mame folder is in:

/sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/system/mame

I then changed the BIOS directory in RetroArch settings to:

/sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/system/

I am currently using MAME4DROID to emulate MAME & I have the MAME git core through online updater, so I changed my Hyperspin/settings/MAME.ini to load by retroarch by changing the top lines to:

[exe info]
path=H:\hyperspin\emulators\MAME\
rompath=/sdcard/Hyperspin/ROMs/MAME/
userompath=true
exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
romextension=zip
parameters=cores/mame_libretro_android.so
searchsubfolders=false

Now when I launch a MAME  game from Hyperspin, it seems the MAME core loads, because I get that initial screen that says type "ok" or press left and right. When I move past that screen, I get dumped into the RetroArch menu. Same thing happens when I load a MAME game from RetroArch.

I coppied all MAME BIOS files to the mame/roms folder, but all games still dump to the RetroArch menu when I move past the "ok" screen.

Not sure what to check next? Do I need to change any other MAME core settings to get MAME to load Sting's MAME directory perhaps?

All MAME games are running normally in MAME4DROID market version when launched from Hyperspin, by using the following top lines in MAME.ini:

[exe info]
path=H:\hyperspin\emulators\MAME\
rompath=/sdcard/Hyperspin/ROMs/MAME/
userompath=true
exe=com.seleuco.mame4droid/com.seleuco.mame4droid.MAME4droid
romextension=zip
parameters=

Launch a system through RetroArch that doesn't need a BIOS file like (Genesis/GB/GG/NES/SNES), then press the green triangle go to (setting/directory/SystemBiosdir) and now set it to the system folder, return to game for about 20 secs just so it saves the settings, and the press the green triangle and exit via the RetroArch menu. I'm going to show this in part 2 of the (MAME) setup. Did 2 more setup videos tonight (Neo Geo AES) using the (MAME) core, and (PSP) with the (PPSSPP) core in RetroArch with a custom (PSP) overlay/bezel, I'll release in the next few days.

Thanks Sting. Yeah, something is funny with RetroArch settings handling, I think. Maybe bug. 

I found my problem was ROM versions. My MAME ROMs were version 139, because that is what MAME4DROID needs. I made a new ROM directory full of MAME ROMs ver 153 and now all loads smoothly.

By the way, thank you very much for your contributions here. I have learned much from your posts and videos.   :thanks:

Archived