Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How to install HyperSpin

ghutch92

@mydriaze

I consider the git install mandatory. If you ask for help on the forums others including me will ask you to update hyperlaunch and try again. When they say update they mean use git to update it. I never even directed you to get the hyperlaunch install from the download section in my guide. In fact I told you to get it using git. There is nothing difficult about it, I even consider the git install guide better than my guide (has more informative pictures).

@radiofrog

This sounds very specific to your setup, I suggest creating a new thread on your issue. In your new thread be sure to include the xml that you are using inside the forum code tags. If you have games that appear in your audit list (ignore the color) they should appear in the add list if they don't already appear in the list box above the green + and target buttons.

@mydriaze

I consider the git install mandatory. If you ask for help on the forums others including me will ask you to update hyperlaunch and try again. When they say update they mean use git to update it. I never even directed you to get the hyperlaunch install from the download section in my guide. In fact I told you to get it using git. There is nothing difficult about it, I even consider the git install guide better than my guide (has more informative pictures).

Ok, I understand the point. What I don't understand is what GIT do (update?) exactly. I haven't done so much research to be honest at the moment about it. What I don't like, is the windows integration (yes, even with the "windows explorer" box unticked). But that's personal I guess. What's the difference between the HL install from the website and from the GIT software?

BTW, if you want me to do some screenshot in order to add it to your post on the first page, just let me know, I will be happy to help the others as you all did there with me.

Edited by Mydriaze

Please note:

This picture is not here anymore during the setup (I installed the 64bits version):

post-92633-142870625525_thumb.png

and the followiing step: "Now what we do is copy all the contents except the .git folder of the hyperlaunch-3 folder into the HyperLaunch directory "

There's no .git folder inside the hyperlaunch-3 folder.

and the followiing step: "Now what we do is copy all the contents except the .git folder of the hyperlaunch-3 folder into the HyperLaunch directory "

There's no .git folder inside the hyperlaunch-3 folder.

There is a .git folder. It is a hidden folder.

I have a question. #16: when I went to Hyperlaunch => Settings - There was both a Global Emulators (Example).ini and a Global Emulators.ini existing. This is a first time setup. I am kind of stuck here. I also notice that the Hyperspin executable will not open to this point. Not sure if it should or shouldn't yet, but I am stuck because I don't know how to proceed on the Global Emulators.ini considering the duplication.

I have a question. #16: when I went to Hyperlaunch => Settings - There was both a Global Emulators (Example).ini and a Global Emulators.ini existing. This is a first time setup. I am kind of stuck here. I also notice that the Hyperspin executable will not open to this point. Not sure if it should or shouldn't yet, but I am stuck because I don't know how to proceed on the Global Emulators.ini considering the duplication.

Check to see if the files are identical. If they are then SWEET. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ghutch truely great post you did here.. i followed the installation guide and all went well for MAME, just on a sidenote even after following your guide to the T, i did end up getting some strange MAME Vadility error message upon running a game.... its only brief and does not stop me from playing the game but was a nag more than anything else...... there was no mention of a further step i needed to do to fix it which you might want to add to your instructions.

I had to rename the mame example.ini file in hyperlaunch/modules/mame directory

This resolved the error and all works fine now.... any idea's why this would of happened and why this fixed it ?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Can I get help were do I find this section when tring to setup PcLauncher

"4.) Click on the Rom Settings tab in the module settings window. Click on the green plus sign and choose one of your games (this list is generated from your database, you must have 2 or more games in your database)."

Can I get help were do I find this section when tring to setup PcLauncher

"4.) Click on the Rom Settings tab in the module settings window. Click on the green plus sign and choose one of your games (this list is generated from your database, you must have 2 or more games in your database)."

I assume you don't know where the module settings are.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?29481-How-to-install-HyperSpin&p=279513&viewfull=1#post279513

26 ?) Oh wait I almost forgot, whenever any one says edit your module settings they usually mean open HLHQ click on your system, click on the big modules tab, highlight the module you are using, and then click on the Edit Global Settings button. A little bit more info can be found here & here.

Thanks Heaps that helped ou alot, do I need to do anything special when installed Fix it Felix through this guide on PC Launcher

This question is specifically related to your setup and is therefore not a good question for this thread. I see you have already asked this question in another thread may I suggest continuing your question over there. http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?33754-How-to-setup-Fix-it-Felix&p=314555#post314555

hi im a newbiie being following this guide to install hyperspin and totally stuck.

deleted my previous attempts and thought i was doing well until i got to the part where i was to edit the settings file in settings hyperspin its not there.

this all new to me and being scratching my head for days trying to figure what ive done wrong so if anybody could help would be greatly appreciated

meant to say couldnt find the settings ini file in settings hyperspin.

Edited by alexander64
missed out some info

• 3 months later...
hi im a newbiie being following this guide to install hyperspin and totally stuck.

deleted my previous attempts and thought i was doing well until i got to the part where i was to edit the settings file in settings hyperspin its not there.

this all new to me and being scratching my head for days trying to figure what ive done wrong so if anybody could help would be greatly appreciated

meant to say couldnt find the settings ini file in settings hyperspin.

are you still having trouble with this? I can try and help you out.

Nice guide a suggestion to complete the text guide i also would se a step by step guide with pictures

A subforum for different emulators how installing would be nice instead of having all in one place go back forward

Like this

Forum: > How install emulators

Sub forum > Nintendo 8

Sub forum > nintendo 16

Sub forum > Nintendo 64

Edited by Zeaede

Nice guide a suggestion to complete the text guide i also would se a step by step guide with pictures

A subforum for different emulators how installing would be nice instead of having all in one place go back forward

Like this

Forum: > How install emulators

Sub forum > Nintendo 8

Sub forum > nintendo 16

Sub forum > Nintendo 64

I'll be doing an install start to finish next week on a brand new win7 install, i can make a step by step video. anyone have any recommendations for software to record my live desktop while i do everything?

I'll be doing an install start to finish next week on a brand new win7 install, i can make a step by step video. anyone have any recommendations for software to record my live desktop while i do everything?

Camtasia.

I made a guide too for a from-the-ground-up installation of MAME and HyperSpin with joystick navigation. Check it out here: