Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

X-Arcade Dual Setup Guide For HyperLaunch etc.

hengey

Hi All,

When I joined this forum I bombarded everyone with questions on how to setup my X-Arcade Dual as I was having problems. This thread is just a breakdown on the help I got and a few things I found out myself.

ps, this guide SHOULD also work with the Tankstick, but I don't have one so can't confirm.

TO SETUP YOUR X-ARCADE DUAL:

Step 1: Connect your X-Acarde, if possible get the USB connector as this has never let me down esp with hot-swapping (not having to reboot if unplugged) the red light on the right should turn on when all is ok and connected.

Step 2: Use the official X-Arcade test online here or download the software here and make sure all of your buttons and joysticks are working fine.

Step 3: This part is very important. If you will just be using Mame (then skip step 4 & 6) you can simply download the latest official X-Arcade key config file here, and then copy it into your Mame Ctrl folder. Now if you're using MameUIFX you can select the controller config file from the options. If you're using anything else such as standard Mame then in the Mame dir you will see an ini file. Open that and where it has controller, put X-Arcade. This tells Mame to look to your new Cfg file that you put in the ..mame/ctrlr/ folder for the X-Arcade Dual layout. (If you don't see the ini file you might need to generate one via the command prompt, ask below and I'll help if so)

Default Mode 1 Configuration

PC-MAC_Layout_Mode1%20Cropped.JPG

IF however you wish to use other Emulators such as NullDC, Dolphin etc, you will have to re-program the key layout on your X-Arcade hardware (don't panic, this is easy). The reason why you have to do this is because the default setup for X-Arcade has command keys such as Alt, Left Shift etc as buttons and most emulators won't let you setup these buttons in the config, or if they do they won't respond in games.

To re-program your X-Arcade you need an old PS2 Keyboard (PS2 being the PC connection type not a Playstation 2 ha) inset this into the PS2 port on the back of your X-Arcade and then slide the button mode switch to the far left (as close as possible to the single button on the back). The mode switch has 4 different options, 1, 2, 3 and 4. Option 1 is the default and can't be re-programmed over so we're sliding it to the far end so it is on 4 which we can reconfigure ourselves now using the PS2 keyboard.

To reprogram simply follow these sub steps

1. Press the button on the back so the red light over to the right on the top of the X-Arcade goes off.

2. Then press and hold the direction or button you want to reprogram followed by pressing and holding they key on the PS2 keyboard you want to be associated with it, press and holding both until you see the red light blink showing that they have now been paired.

3. I personally then press the button on the back so the red light goes on again, test the new assignment. (Doing it all in one go as this sometimes does not work and you only have to reprogram them all once)

4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 to reprogram the rest of the directions and buttons one at a time, for Player 1 directions, reprogram to the up, down, left right keys rather than keypad. Don't use any command keys, i.e alt, shift etc

Step 4: Now that your buttons are pressing the correct keys, you can go into each of your emulators and set the controllers up. Once set in each indervidual Emulator they should all now work fine in HyperSpin/HyperLaunch etc.

Step 5: Load up HyperHQ, click the controls tab and setup your X-Arcade there also to control HyperSpin. Same in HyperLaunchHQ under Global>General Settings then the Controls tab just to be sure.

Step 6: If you have reprogrammed your X-Arcade, then you will need to edit the config file you put in your Ctrlr folder to suit the new assignments made, if you need help with this just ask below.

Other handy X-Arcade things you might like:

My original posts asking for help here & here.

Replacing Buttons & Joystick Guide

Another button replacement post

X-Arcade Skin Templates and info

If you have a USB keyboard you can use this cheap converter here

Official post on reprogramming here

X-Arcade Cabinet Build

More to be added here if and when found.

Big thanks to ghutch92, Polemicist, rattleheadxyz and MaskedMavel.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was lucky, I got mine on eBay for only £53 (with USB connection adaptor). So for the price I paid its great.

The directional joysticks could be a tiny bit better but they may have improved in the Tankstick. Not to say they are unresponsive in any way, just feel there is prob high end ones out there, plus I want RGB LED buttons and sticks at some point.

The only real pain I had was setting it up, but this guide should help anyone else with avoiding the stress I had ha.

• 1 month later...

I have an X-Arcade dual Tankstick working just fine with MAME. I followed your instructions hengey on using the different mode switches in the back of the controller to program N64 and works just fine. The problem is when I go back on my Hypespin and select MAME to use on a different switch mode than 1 they don't respond (of course because of the keyboard layout). I don't want to go back and forth picking up the controller and move the switch back to position 1. How can I make it work so I don't have to do all this? I was able to play around with the X-Arcade.cfg file for the buttons of giving a credit and selecting player one but I can't make the buttons 1, 2 or 3 to work. What line or command do I change them on? Here is the .cfg file than I am using:

Notice the START1 and COIN1 has changes from the original X-Arcade.cfg file

<mameconfig version="10">

<system name="default">

<!-- X-Arcade Version 2.0 input configuration file -->

<input>

<remap origcode="KEYCODE_UP" newcode="KEYCODE_8PAD" />

<remap origcode="KEYCODE_DOWN" newcode="KEYCODE_2PAD" />

<remap origcode="KEYCODE_LEFT" newcode="KEYCODE_4PAD" />

<remap origcode="KEYCODE_RIGHT" newcode="KEYCODE_6PAD" />

<port type="UI_UP">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_UP OR KEYCODE_8PAD</newseq>

</port>

<port type="UI_DOWN">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_DOWN OR KEYCODE_2PAD</newseq>

</port>

<port type="UI_LEFT">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_LEFT OR KEYCODE_4PAD</newseq>

</port>

<port type="UI_RIGHT">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_RIGHT OR KEYCODE_6PAD</newseq>

</port>

<port type="UI_SELECT">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_ENTER OR KEYCODE_LCONTROL</newseq>

</port>

<port type="UI_CONFIGURE">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_TAB OR KEYCODE_1 KEYCODE_3</newseq>

</port>

<port type="UI_CANCEL">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_ESC OR KEYCODE_2 KEYCODE_4</newseq>

</port>

<port type="START1">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_k</newseq>

</port>

<port type="START2">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_2</newseq>

</port>

<port type="COIN1">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_l</newseq>

</port>

<port type="COIN2">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_4</newseq>

</port>

<port type="START3">

<newseq type="standard">NONE</newseq>

</port>

<port type="START4">

</port>

<port type="P1_JOYSTICK_UP">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_UP OR KEYCODE_8PAD</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_JOYSTICK_DOWN">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_DOWN OR KEYCODE_2PAD</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_JOYSTICK_LEFT">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_LEFT OR KEYCODE_4PAD</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_JOYSTICK_RIGHT">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_RIGHT OR KEYCODE_6PAD</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_JOYSTICKRIGHT_UP">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_R</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_JOYSTICKRIGHT_DOWN">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_F</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_JOYSTICKRIGHT_LEFT">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_D</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_JOYSTICKRIGHT_RIGHT">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_G</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_JOYSTICKLEFT_UP">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_8PAD</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_JOYSTICKLEFT_DOWN">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_2PAD</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_JOYSTICKLEFT_LEFT">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_4PAD</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_JOYSTICKLEFT_RIGHT">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_6PAD</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON1">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_a</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON2">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_s</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON3">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_SPACE OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON3 OR MOUSECODE_1_BUTTON2</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON4">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_LSHIFT OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON4</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON5">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_Z OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON5</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON6">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_X OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON6</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON1">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_A OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON1</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON2">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_S OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON2</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON3">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_Q OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON3</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON4">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_W OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON4</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON5">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_E OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON5</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON6">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_OPENBRACE OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON6</newseq>

</port>

</input>

</system>

<system name="neogeo">

<input>

<port type="P1_BUTTON1">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_C OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON2">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_LSHIFT OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON2</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON3">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_Z OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON3</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON4">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_X OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON4</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON5">

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON6">

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON7">

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON8">

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON1">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_CLOSEBRACE OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON1</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON2">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_W OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON2</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON3">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_E OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON3</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON4">

<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_OPENBRACE OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON4</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON5">

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON6">

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON7">

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON8">

</port>

</input>

</system>

</mameconfig>

• 3 months later...

Is it possible to share your button assignments or X-Arcade key config? I can make every emulator work but having issues re-configuring mame once it is changed.

Any help or input is highly appreciated. By the way thanks for this post.

Luis

I am having the same issue as you baezl. The dual works fine when I set it up in my emulators but in Mame I have to reconfig the controls in each individual game. Even though I am pointing to the xarcade control file which I placed in the Ctrlr folder. I am uysing Mame 148.

I am having the same issue as you baezl. The dual works fine when I set it up in my emulators but in Mame I have to reconfig the controls in each individual game. Even though I am pointing to the xarcade control file which I placed in the Ctrlr folder. I am uysing Mame 148.

When exiting MAME, use MAME's exit key instead of the exit key you have set up in hyperspin and see if your configuration saves then.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Tankstick and my buttons are set up differently... not sure if this is an oversight or what but I figured I would mention. My buttons (the six buttons) are labeled left to right starting with the bottom. IE) Left Bottom is 1, middle bottom 2, and right bottom 3.

Just in case this could also help someone. Thanks Baezl for the tutorial, I will have to do this myself!

The only annoying thing about remapping the keys is if the x-arcade loses power, you have to hit the reprogram button at the back twice to reload you settings. Very annoying which is why I use the default for all emulators. If an emulator does not support ctrl or alt etc, I just remap it in HyperLaunchs Keymapper instead, before configuring that particular emulator.

Did not know that. Good to know. Might have to reconsider!

Thanks

The only annoying thing about remapping the keys is if the x-arcade loses power, you have to hit the reprogram button at the back twice to reload you settings. Very annoying which is why I use the default for all emulators. If an emulator does not support ctrl or alt etc, I just remap it in HyperLaunchs Keymapper instead, before configuring that particular emulator.

If you have time, do you mind outlining the steps on how to remap it in HyperLaunch's Keymapper instead if you don't mind?

This would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!

Luis

I second. That would be very useful for me as well... if it's a big deal, no worries, I will figure it out at some point!

Sure, I can do that, but remember that I am a n00b at this as well, so it might not be the correct way or even intended this way =)

First: The downside! Doing it this way means you have to launch your emulators through HyperLaunch. If you start them manually or with any other launcher, the keys will be all wrong of course.

In HyperLaunchHQ, select your system you want to remap on the left.

Go to Settings and make sure "Ahk Method" is set to "Internal". This enables the whole thing.

Also in the Keymapper field, make sure the other settings are false.

So in other words:

Enabled: false

Keymapper: Empty

JoyIds Enabled: false

Ahk Method: Internal

I have actually not used any other keymapper at the same time. Might work I guess =)

Still with your system selected, go to Keymapper

In the AutoHotKey tab (first one), click Add (green cross) if you want to make changes to all games for the whole system.

If you only want the settings for a particular game in that system, press the little arrow next the the green + and select "Game Profile" instead. Those changes will only be for that game that you select then.

If you use multiple emulators for the same system and only want the changes for a specific emulator, click the Emulator profile instead.

Now that we have created an AHK profile, select it in the list below.

You now have two ways to configure the remapping.

1: In the bottom field, just click the green plus and it will tell you how it works (basically, press original key and then press the key it should act as instead).

Keep pressing + for evey key.

2: Free edit mode. You can jump to this mode whenever you want. If you add a key with the first method first, you'll see how you should type it out manually (orgkey::newkey).

Even if you've used method one but want to change a key, switch to Free Edit Mode and edit or delete the key as you want.

When done, remember to click the "Save current Ahk profile" button that is only lit up in Free Edit Mode (and only needed in Free Edit Mode).

Some keys, of course, does not type anything when pressed, such as control. Just change out of Free Edit Mode and do the first method for it, then you'll see what you have to type for it ( remapping left control to n, for example, is LControl::n )

When you are finished, you can click the green lightning icon (test selected ...) at the top to test your settings.

Some things I've noticed with the x-arcade. Sometimes it shows a weird code instead, like vkA2sc01D::c. That seems to work as well, but its ugly as I have no idea what vkA2sc01D is. When that happens, I just switch to free edit mode, remove it and try again. Usually its correct on the second try.

Sometimes it works in HyperLaunchHQ but not in the emulator I start, or only some keys work. When this happens (only happened once or twice), I simply remove the profile and restart. That at least worked for me. Edit: See Edit2 at the end.

Now then, I guess you need to configure your new keys in the emulator. The problem is that if you start the emulator through HyperLaunch and make changes, they are not always saved. The guides say that you should configure your emulator outside of HyperLaunch, but how do you do that when your new keybindings are only in effect if you launch it through HyperLaunch?

Two ways:

1: Either just hit the new keys manually in the emulator but then you have to remember which keys you've remapped to what. Not always easy.

2: Go back to the KeyMapper and press the green lightning to test your settings. Now, the new keymappings are actually used EVERYWHERE while the test window is up, so while its up, start your emulator manually and do the keybindings.

If you want to setup the exact same keymappings for another system, you can copy the old settings in Free Edit Mode and just paste them into the other system (also in Free Edit mode).

Edit: This is the one I use for the SSF (Sega Saturn Emulator) as its kinky as hell on which buttons work.

; One / Two Player buttons
1:
2:

; Joy 1 directions.
Numpad8::Up
Numpad4::Left
Numpad2::Down
Numpad6::Right
; Joy1 buttons
LControl::q
LAlt::w
Space::e
LShift::r
z::t
x::y
c::u
5::i

; Joy 2 directions
r::a
d::s
f:
g::f
; Joy 2 buttons.
a::g
s::z
q::x
w::c
e::v
vkDDsc01A::b
vkBAsc01B::n
6::m

Edit2: One last thing. I dont know if this is a bug or not. You can NOT remap keys set as your "Exit Emulator key". If you have, say "a" as an exit key, you can not remap it. Also seems that you can not set a different exit key per system, only global, so do not try to remap any keys that you use as an exit key right now.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?34562-Keymapper-AutoHotKey-not-always-kick-in-when-launching

This worked great!!!!!! Just stepped through it!!

Your the man!!!

Going to set everything back to default and give this a shot. Will report back.

Thanks

Luis

Sure, I can do that, but remember that I am a n00b at this as well, so it might not be the correct way or even intended this way =)

First: The downside! Doing it this way means you have to launch your emulators through HyperLaunch. If you start them manually or with any other launcher, the keys will be all wrong of course.

In HyperLaunchHQ, select your system you want to remap on the left.

Go to Settings and make sure "Ahk Method" is set to "Internal". This enables the whole thing.

Also in the Keymapper field, make sure the other settings are false.

So in other words:

Enabled: false

Keymapper: Empty

JoyIds Enabled: false

Ahk Method: Internal

I have actually not used any other keymapper at the same time. Might work I guess =)

Still with your system selected, go to Keymapper

In the AutoHotKey tab (first one), click Add (green cross) if you want to make changes to all games for the whole system.

If you only want the settings for a particular game in that system, press the little arrow next the the green + and select "Game Profile" instead. Those changes will only be for that game that you select then.

If you use multiple emulators for the same system and only want the changes for a specific emulator, click the Emulator profile instead.

Now that we have created an AHK profile, select it in the list below.

You now have two ways to configure the remapping.

1: In the bottom field, just click the green plus and it will tell you how it works (basically, press original key and then press the key it should act as instead).

Keep pressing + for evey key.

2: Free edit mode. You can jump to this mode whenever you want. If you add a key with the first method first, you'll see how you should type it out manually (orgkey::newkey).

Even if you've used method one but want to change a key, switch to Free Edit Mode and edit or delete the key as you want.

When done, remember to click the "Save current Ahk profile" button that is only lit up in Free Edit Mode (and only needed in Free Edit Mode).

Some keys, of course, does not type anything when pressed, such as control. Just change out of Free Edit Mode and do the first method for it, then you'll see what you have to type for it ( remapping left control to n, for example, is LControl::n )

When you are finished, you can click the green lightning icon (test selected ...) at the top to test your settings.

Some things I've noticed with the x-arcade. Sometimes it shows a weird code instead, like vkA2sc01D::c. That seems to work as well, but its ugly as I have no idea what vkA2sc01D is. When that happens, I just switch to free edit mode, remove it and try again. Usually its correct on the second try.

Sometimes it works in HyperLaunchHQ but not in the emulator I start, or only some keys work. When this happens (only happened once or twice), I simply remove the profile and restart. That at least worked for me. Edit: See Edit2 at the end.

Now then, I guess you need to configure your new keys in the emulator. The problem is that if you start the emulator through HyperLaunch and make changes, they are not always saved. The guides say that you should configure your emulator outside of HyperLaunch, but how do you do that when your new keybindings are only in effect if you launch it through HyperLaunch?

Two ways:

1: Either just hit the new keys manually in the emulator but then you have to remember which keys you've remapped to what. Not always easy.

2: Go back to the KeyMapper and press the green lightning to test your settings. Now, the new keymappings are actually used EVERYWHERE while the test window is up, so while its up, start your emulator manually and do the keybindings.

If you want to setup the exact same keymappings for another system, you can copy the old settings in Free Edit Mode and just paste them into the other system (also in Free Edit mode).

Edit: This is the one I use for the SSF (Sega Saturn Emulator) as its kinky as hell on which buttons work.

; One / Two Player buttons
1:
2:

; Joy 1 directions.
Numpad8::Up
Numpad4::Left
Numpad2::Down
Numpad6::Right
; Joy1 buttons
LControl::q
LAlt::w
Space::e
LShift::r
z::t
x::y
c::u
5::i

; Joy 2 directions
r::a
d::s
f:
g::f
; Joy 2 buttons.
a::g
s::z
q::x
w::c
e::v
vkDDsc01A::b
vkBAsc01B::n
6::m

Edit2: One last thing. I dont know if this is a bug or not. You can NOT remap keys set as your "Exit Emulator key". If you have, say "a" as an exit key, you can not remap it. Also seems that you can not set a different exit key per system, only global, so do not try to remap any keys that you use as an exit key right now.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?34562-Keymapper-AutoHotKey-not-always-kick-in-when-launching

Great. Glad to be of help =)

And just a future note, if you find that, when you start the game through HyperLaunch (.. hyperspin) and one or more keys do not work that you've remapped, they are probably used elsewhere. I've only found that the "Exit Emulator key" can not be remapped but I bet there are others as well.

Just wanted to thank you one more time. I ended up using a ctrlr file I found on this forum which support the tankstick out of the box and 4 xbox 360 controllers. Just works for mame. Then for all other emulators, I am creating xbox 360 xpadder profiles for each system and mapping the buttons to the default emulator keys. Makes life sooo much easier. I jut came to the conclusion the console games work better with a controller. So its all working. Here is a link to the ctrlr file:http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,100079.0.html

fetaures:

The X-Arcade controls P1 and P2.

- The XBOX 360 pads also control P1-P4. Both analog and digital pads are mapped to control movement, as well as analog triggers for some games.

- Specified controls for Neo Geo games, which use the MVS style button layout on the X-Arcade. XBOX360 pads are configured to use the same control layout as the Neo Geo CD gamepads.

- Corrected configs for Mortal Kombat 1-4.

- Modified Street Fighter 1, CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, and Killer Instinct series controls for the XBOX 360 pads. The configs match the default gamepad layout for Street FIghter IV PC and XBOX 360.

- Support for analog devices, such as paddles, dials, flight yokes, steering wheels, and light-guns. These devices are configured for the X-Arcade joysticks, XBOX 360 controller left thumbstick and digital pad, mice/trackballs, and light-guns (when applicable). Enable mouse and light-gun support within mame.ini should these devices be used.

- Support for dual joystick games using the XBOX 360 left and right analog sticks for games such as Smash TV, Robotron, etc...

- Disabled the X-Arcade shortcuts KEYCODE_2+KEYCODE_4 to exit the game, as well as KEYCODE_1+KEYCODE_3 to bring up Options. I did this to prevent accidental exits, etc... during gameplay.

- Player 1 on either X-Arcade or XBOX 360 pad are able to navigate through MAME's ingame menus.

Thanks again!!

Luis

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else found that if you are pressing a direction on P1 and then press the shift button it causes your direction to stick? more importantly that if you press shift it disables numlock in windows so it actually sends the arrow key instead of the numpad key? It does this in games as well as on the x-arcade test utility. It will also do it with any standard keyboard not just the x-arcade. I can't believe that I can't find any posts about this anywhere on the internet.. is there some easy solution to this that I don't know of? Otherwise I would think everyone would have to reprogram their x-arcade controller which is an absolute pain in the neck.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread and looking for serious help

My tankstick has worked fine for a while, decided to update to RocketLauncher and it's a mess

I can't use xarcades online test as all I get is a red x

Tried their instructions to fix it, no dice.

Tried downloading it, windows has no idea what program to use to open it.

It's not working obviously. I have the USB connected to the back of the PC, lights on.

The slider is all the way to the left, closest to the single read power button.

It's not reading at all, I have no idea where to start, I've spent 2 days troubleshooting and can't get anywhere???

Great write up. Question I have is will this work with the newest version, 0.154 of mame and hyperspin? I have been having problems for a good week with this x-arcade tank stick. Please read my post to the controllers site and comment if you can help!!!! I am at wits end with this thing and was thinking of trying to build my own. Thanks.

New here so please be patient. I have installed the new hyperspin, applied all roms, themes, etc. It works great with keyboard but I am having problems with the x-arcade tank stick. It has the default setting but that doesnt seem to be working as it should. Anyhow what I would like is to set up my controls to work without using the keyboard at all. Is there a configuration of settings for the mapping of the x-arcade that works such as this? Is there something else that I need to purchase to get what I want? I know all games will not work with any one set of settings but I just want the best that I can get for what I have. Also when I go into a game such as spiderman, I change the general settings to move the player arounfd, 1 and 2 but it never seems to take. I thought that once this was done it was for all game inputs. Am I wrong here? Can someone give me some input on what I need to do here to make this x-arcade tank stick work well with the mame emulator that I have? I have read tons of website links but just cannot get the right combination to work right. A tutorial would be awsome as I am not the brightest at setting this up and I dont feel that it should be this difficult. I have tried setting as the manual suggests but somehow this is not working correctly. PLEASE GUIDE ME ON THIS!!!!

Archived