Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Time to "renovate" the cab??

thenoob

So I've got my little shinobi cab... But wanting more

I've got it dialled it for the most part, but really don't like the tankstick. I want to build a CP, and upgrade my PC.... Basically an overhaul.

I'm thinking of doing a 4 player w/trackball but does the ultimate I/o support 4 player or do you just buy the expansion harness?

Also thinking about " widening" the current cab to accept a wider monitor. Don't know how a large 4 player cp would look on this smaller cab?

Lots to learn as I've been digesting a lot of info, but now that I know HS and my setup well I think it's time to make the jump?? Looking for input / thoughts etc.

post-7398-0-59527600-1464822625_thumb.jpeg

judging from everything you wan to upgrade,  I think you are better of selling your current cab and  building a new better cab.

an MK 2 cab  with a bigger control panel

MK%202%20CPO%20w%20%20New%20T%20Molding.

or similar cab such as a Golden Tee will work better for you if you want  a 4 player + trackball.

you can find the plans all over the web

this guy modified it for a keyboard drawer

http://sanatoriadesign.dk/portfolio/?p=179

,  or buy a used one  if you don't have the tools to make one.

and the ultimate i/o  has 48  inputs  96 outputs

assuming 

per player

(4) joystick + (8) buttons

you would need a secondary encoder if you wanted to have dedicated service keys such as Esc,Enter, P1-4,  and coins.

Def want to have some admin buttons up too, the goal is to not have to access a PC via mouse/keyboard if possible.

I can rebuild another cab, cut some wood up... Just thinking I already have 90%, I could just modify to fit some new things

Well, if you don't need 8 buttons for all 4 players you could spare some for admin. I've seen a lot of cabs with 8 buttons for player 1 & 2 and 6 buttons for player 3 & 4. Or even 6 buttons for all...depending on your needs. Or 7 buttons for all players. Anyway you would get at least 4 admin buttons. And the PC power on button is connected directly to the motherboard so that would give you 5 admins. But it might not be enough anyway for you.

• 4 months later...

Def want to have some admin buttons up too, the goal is to not have to access a PC via mouse/keyboard if possible.

I can rebuild another cab, cut some wood up... Just thinking I already have 90%, I could just modify to fit some new things

So how's things going with this update?? I was thinking of doing the exact same thing with mine. I'm just afraid of jumping back into hyperspin...it was such a bear years ago when I originally built my cab. If it's not that way for you...you're more than 75% there man.

Archived