Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

The Hyperspin Project - The Frontend 95gb Download

BranMan123

Morning all, 

First time ever attempting to using Hyperspin, in all fairness only discovered it a week ago.

So I found a 95gb download for what I believe was an out the box Hyperspin setup, however upon downloading it appears there are 136 zip folders that all except one appear to contain the same info, am I missing something.

Additionally do I need to to download the emulators seperately as I can't seem to find them in the folders?

and finally a TXT file advised me to register here to download the .exe file, where would I find that?

Many thanks,

BranMan

When i first found out about hyperspin i ran across that torrent as well and tried it out.  This was in like september of 2013, and even back then it was chock full of weird named stuff, and tons of crappy as hell, old artwork and databases.  I messed with it for like a week, and then finally just decided to start fresh and get a platinum membership and have never looked back.  The quality in there just isn't worth it.  Just chip away at it by getting a membership and working through it one system at a time.  Before you know it, you'll have several systems done and looking great!

I agree. Keep the games (many might need to be renamed). Trash the rest. The emulators, databases, themes, artwork, etc. are all out-of-date. It won't be using RocketLaucher either which will cause you a lot of grief.

If you have your heart set on using HyperSpin as your front end spend the money and get the premium membership. You can then download gigapig's build from the platinum section which will have the whole setup and emulators installed. From there just add your games and use HyperSync or HyperBase (which is included with your platinum membership) to get the artwork and themes.

BTW - An EmuMovies subscription is needed if you want to automate the video downloads. They can also be found elsewhere on the internet. 

If it's the one I remember from UG, I wouldn't download that, everything from artwork, emulators, modules, databases, games are all outdated. It would be nearly impossible to upgrade that to where it is today, better off starting from scratch.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

downloaded this myself, after reading this might not bother running it.

Can i start with hyperspin on a pc then add controllers later or is it best to wait til i have the controllers and set it all up at once, as it might be a while before i can get the controllers and cabinet made up and want to get ahead of the game it get it all set up ready.

Archived