Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin 1.4.16 Released!

jhabers

HyperSpin 1.4.16 has been Released. This update adds video smoothing. This will be an important update for Platinum users who are using the HyperSpin Cinematic Themes. You can download the themes >>HERE<<

>>DOWNLOAD HERE<<

Added video smoothing

Added can now use default theme for main menu. Whats different about having a default theme as some may now is that they don't get reloaded when going from one item to next that don't have themes. This allows for a cleaner experience vs reloading individual copies of default themes.
Added if a theme doesn't have a background in the zip file then it was only attempting to load a png background, from the backgrounds folder of the item name. Now it can load swf and also default.png and default.swf.
Added Shortcut key F6 to toggle fullscreen and windowed. For windowed to work resolution must be set to resolution lower than fullscreen.
Added Ledblinky 9 for main menu and Ledblinky 8 for switching menus (not sure if this one is even needed)
Fixed - HyperSpin not shutting down sometimes.

Fixed issue when launching certain software/emulators and HS taking focus.
Fixed background music not working. Put music in Media\System\Sound\Background Music\Name.mp3

Fixed mp4 looping causing stuttering or black video
Fixed returning from emu causing moving 1 wheel item when spinner is enabled
Added Horizontal Wide wheel style for widescreen themes that can fit more wheel items

Fixed spinner and trackball only working in 1 direction
Changed more fixes to joy controls.

Changed made some changes to joystick behavior, POV was interferring with analog and vice versa
Fixed joystick not being able to stop intro video
Fixed returning to HS from certain emulators causes HS to be squished.
Fixed main menu always returning to last_system used when starting even though last_game is off.

Fixed no speakers bug, no speakers or headphones plugged in would crash HS
Fixed HL relative path issue(i think)

Fixed strobe animation not working. I had to slow it down, due to the speed up of the new HS, i had to slow it down by a factor of 4 to get it to even work. So if it doesn't match up with HyperTheme, you know why.
Fixed themes freezing when exiting theme.
Fixed joystick support (i think)

Fixed skip up and skip down number not working
Fixed letter wheel using wrong direction per wheel style
Fix pin style was backwards, moves left to right now
Added ability to use mp4 as intro video

Fixed % in filename issue when playing videos.
Changed the behavior of pin and horizontal wheels due to a lot of complaints. Left and Right move the wheel and Up and Down select the letter wheel. The directions are fixed and should behave as expected now.

Added smoothing to letter images.
Changed path to HScript, delete your old HScript.ahk and autohotkey.dll, Unzip now the script is in \Scripts\HScript\HScript.ahk, this allows the autohotkey.dll not to interfere with the one other programs use in the main root, sorry to those that got their old autohotkey.dll overwritten.

Release to private beta

Changed - See above
Fixed - HyperLaunch error, hopefully.

Added - Allow relative path to launcher i.e ( .\Folder\HyperLaunch.exe") where the dot represents the HyperSpin directory. Doesn't do relative double dots though for going up a folder.
Added - Disable item in main menu i.e ( <game name="MAME" enabled = "0"/>, just add enabled ="0" to any system and it will disable it. if there is no enabled attribute or you have it set to 1 then the game will show.
Added - Disable item in sub menu , same as above.

Added - Smoothing to special artwork png's
Added - HyperLaunch not forced as launcher. You can now set the full path to the launcher in the ini. Has to be fullpath\launcher.exe in the ini file. If your hyperlaunch isn't working then you must add hyperlaunch.exe to your hyperlaunch path in the ini.
Added - Can run a script everytime you land on a wheel item to allow scripters to add interactive features to HS. The script is located in a new scripts folder called "Scripts".

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing!! Jhabers are you secretly Bbb [emoji12]

Possible enhancement request lol

1. Hyperspeech from buggie man support again

2. full letter jump support for multiple numbers

3. Genre option for main menu. Ie. Console wheel, genres would be each system genre, within each wheel allow game genre

4. Wide screen support

5. Rate game 5 star system

6. Main menu wheel description/year

7. Ability to scrape info and graphics

8. Ability for multiple favorites and rename the favorite text per one

9. Swf support and swf in hyper theme

10. Allow for special art c2 to display custom favorite genre wheel art. Ie when you select a genre you can display special genre art. However when you select favorites, you are unable to have favorite png art as "genre"

11. Ability to display letter jump when wheel has fewer than 24 games

Plz and thanks!!!

Well hot damn! Video smoothing you say? It just so happens nearly my entire Main Menu is Cinematic themes...
Errr... can we just drop this exe over our old exe or is there a process we need to follow?

EDIT: Couldn't wait. Took the risk and Jjst dumped it in there

Well hot damn! Video smoothing you say? It just so happens nearly my entire Main Menu is Cinematic themes...

Errr... can we just drop this exe over our old exe or is there a process we need to follow?

Just drop the EXE over the old one :)

Nice! Hyperspin in full development...awesome news!!!

I've been using the mp4 version of each cinematic theme due to performance issues. The swf version would take 2-3 seconds to load despite having a decent enough PC. Has that been improved?  

This was 1 of the goals of The HyperSpin Cinematic Project all along.

Unbelievable to finally see it come to fruition... Thanks to everybody that has followed along with my thread, and thanks to the ones who have taken to the Cinematic/Video approach.

HD Video is HERE!

THIS IS GREAT!!

Nice! Hyperspin in full development...awesome news!!!

I've been using the mp4 version of each cinematic theme due to performance issues. The swf version would take 2-3 seconds to load despite having a decent enough PC. Has that been improved?  

Yes.

Please, please, please.....

Can we have default themes, that pick up from artwork folders.

Ideally, I'd have just two themes for my entire system (like as in simply mainmenu-theme.zip and gamemenu-theme.zip) - one for the main menu, and one for game level menu - with each picking the particulars from the artwork folders.  This would give a standard look across the front-end and would reduce the amount of themes needed. 

Yep. Already did. Couldn't wait for your answer ha!

All my themes magically look better, like I'm running them as SWF's, but I run them all MP4 style. They all look noticeably sharper. Thanks for this!

hey mealzoic,

i was just wondering what exactly you mean by "mp4 style"? aren't all the cinematic themes mp4's that are embedded or called up by an .swf?

cheers

tim

hey mealzoic,

i was just wondering what exactly you mean by "mp4 style"? aren't all the cinematic themes mp4's that are embedded or called up by an .swf?

cheers

tim

Yes, they normally run as SWF's with embedded video, this let them display at their best quality in HS, but caused other issues (lag, delays, attract mode issues, sound glitch issues etc...)

MP4 style is running them just like any other theme with no SWF at all, just an MP4 in the videos folder and theme.zip in the themes folder like normal. The video playback wasn't as sharp (still looked good though), but fixed all the issues and performs better.

This update just made it so the MP4 style looks as sharp and good as the SWF style. (but with all the added benefits of MP4 style)

I've been moving all my stuff to Launchbox and now this. I don't know what to do. Guess i will wait and see what hyperspin comes up with.

Yep, this. Was planning to purchase Big Box this weekend but might hold off now;  I want meta data info with my games though so unless this feature is added in HS I still might lean towards Big Box.

hey mealzoic,

cheers

tim

That's just terminology on my thread.

MP4 style is just referring to the regular way you make a theme.

With smoothing added to HyperSpin you can now just create a regular theme with HyperTheme and not worry about having to call the MP4 from a seperate location.

Yes... im already using BigBox but if I can use 4:3 and 16:9 themes I already have in a nice and easy way that will be super :)

And yes metadata is a feature we need in hyperspin hyperbase.

Enviado desde mi 3SQ mediante Tapatalk

Its coming soon! And I'm not leading you on. HyperSpin is back in FULL development!

How come this surprise and Great news/ movement on Hyperspin.

This should be Worth a news for all [emoji5]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Yes... im already using BigBox but if I can use 4:3 and 16:9 themes I already have in a nice and easy way that will be super :)

And yes metadata is a feature we need in hyperspin hyperbase.

Enviado desde mi 3SQ mediante Tapatalk

Can you give me specifics as to what meta data you are looking for

Archived