Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

VTech Socrates

phantasy

I found the xml and 3 pngs in the downloads for this rare system.  Anyone have a Rocketlauncher "VTech Socrates.png" file? Also, which directory do the three mentioned pngs go to create the system in HS?  I assume this is a MAME system but do not see a module either.

I found the xml and 3 pngs in the downloads for this rare system.  Anyone have a Rocketlauncher "VTech Socrates.png" file? Also, which directory do the three mentioned pngs go to create the system in HS?  I assume this is a MAME system but do not see a module either.

The main menu wheel is here, if that's what you mean - http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/12114-vtech-socrates-main-menu-wheel/

If it's the RLUI little system icon that sits next to the system name in the list I don't think there is one yet.

As for adding this to the setup - you need to create a new system for this in HyperHQ first called 'VTech Socrates'.  This will create the necessary database and media folders in your HS directory and add the system to your HS Main Menu.xml.  RL will pick up the new system from there and you'll see it in the systems list in RLUI.  From there you can setup the folder that contains the Socrates roms and set the emulator.  As you mention this system uses MAME so you'll want to set that as the emulator.   Also, don't forget to drop the Socrates game list xml in the '<PATH-TO-HS>\Databases\VTech Socrates' folder

The edits to the MAME module I have submitted to the RocketLauncher guys to enable Socrates support haven't been included in the official release yet.  It should be on the next update, in the mean time the link below shows the edits you need to make to the MAME module to get it working.

http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?3187-VTech-Socrates-MAME-Module-Additions&highlight=socrates&p=25806#post25806

• 1 month later...

For the OCD inclined, that missing VTech Socrates png file in RocketLauncher is now created... 32 by 32 pixels as per the others.  tonesmalone, please feel free to move it or copy it over to the RL team if desired.  Enjoy!

VTech Socrates.png

-Note: Be sure to name the file "VTech Socrates.png" if it does not save as such. Place the properly named file into your RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\Media\Icons folder and relaunch RL to see the magic...

For the OCD inclined, that missing VTech Socrates png file in RocketLauncher is now created... 32 by 32 pixels as per the others.  tonesmalone, please feel free to move it or copy it over to the RL team if desired.  Enjoy!
VTech Socrates.png
-Note: Be sure to name the file "VTech Socrates.png" if it does not save as such. Place the properly named file into your RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\Media\Icons folder and relaunch RL to see the magic...

Maybe post it on the RL forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived