Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Help getting Golden Tee Fore! 2006 Complete loading from Hyperspin

lilcheeks

I'm using MAME64 and can load Golden Tee Fore! Complete 2006 from the MAME64 GUI.  When in the GUI, it lists the rom and says the rom set is gtfore06, but I cannot find that in my rom list.  After further research, it looks like the file iteagle.zip is used to launch it along with the gtfore06 CHD, which I also have.  In hyperspin, I don't know how to get it to run because if I make the iteagle.zip the "rom" it points to, it doesn't work.  Does anyone know a trick to make this work?

8 hours ago, lilcheeks said:

I'm using MAME64 and can load Golden Tee Fore! Complete 2006 from the MAME64 GUI.  When in the GUI, it lists the rom and says the rom set is gtfore06, but I cannot find that in my rom list.  After further research, it looks like the file iteagle.zip is used to launch it along with the gtfore06 CHD, which I also have.  In hyperspin, I don't know how to get it to run because if I make the iteagle.zip the "rom" it points to, it doesn't work.  Does anyone know a trick to make this work?

I found my own answer.  In case anyone else has this issue, just make an empty .zip folder called gtfore06.zip in your gtfore06 CHD folder.  

• 4 months later...

What does your directory structure look like to launch gtfore06 in mameui64?  I've got all the files but it doesn't launch after an audit of the roms.  i have the rom zip & iteagle in mameui65/roms with the CHD in a folder "gtfore06" in the /roms directory as well

5 hours ago, Skip34 said:

What does your directory structure look like to launch gtfore06 in mameui64?  I've got all the files but it doesn't launch after an audit of the roms.  i have the rom zip & iteagle in mameui65/roms with the CHD in a folder "gtfore06" in the /roms directory as well

I'm not using Mameui64, but just the standard mame64.  In my ROM folder I have a regular folder (not zipped) called "gtfore06", and that has one file in it called "golf_fore_complete_v6.00.01.chd".  Then in the same ROM folder i have a zipped folder called "gtfore06" with nothing in it.  The only reason that zipped folder is there is so when Mame searches for it, it finds it.  And lastly i have the zipped folder "iteagle", which is made up of 16 different files.  Does that help?

Thanks!  I tried mame64 and it works with no changes.  so you mentioned the CHD and iteagle file but do you also have the gtfore06 rom as well?  I have all 3 files with the chd in it's own folder like you have.  I see the rom and the iteagle appear to be the same exact size and files withinare the same, are both required?  

I notice a lot of audio stutter, any tips on how to get rid of it?  Thanks again for the info, pumped to have this game running.

6 hours ago, Skip34 said:

Thanks!  I tried mame64 and it works with no changes.  so you mentioned the CHD and iteagle file but do you also have the gtfore06 rom as well?  I have all 3 files with the chd in it's own folder like you have.  I see the rom and the iteagle appear to be the same exact size and files withinare the same, are both required?  

I notice a lot of audio stutter, any tips on how to get rid of it?  Thanks again for the info, pumped to have this game running.

The way i understand it, the rom is iteagle, which i have.  You only need 3 folders (CHD, iteagle, and gtfore06).  My CHD folder only has a single file in it, my gtfore06 has zero files in it, and the iteagle is made up of 16 files.  I'm a little confused when you say the ROM and iteagle are the same size, because the ROM is iteagle.  I know it took me a while to get a good CHD file for this so depending on where you got it, it may have extra files in it.

As far as audio stutter, go into the dip switch menu and change the resolution to low.  This will cut down some audio stutter but you'll likely have some yet.  This game is pretty resources intensive and without a blazing fast CPU, its hard not to have stutter.  The stutter seems worse in the menus than the actual game so its still very playable for me.  Let me know if you need any additional explanation.

I pulled the files from the archive org website for mame 0.185 non-merged roms and they have a gtfore06.zip which it turns out is the same as iteagle.zip.  I verified this by running the game w/ just the gtfore06.zip rom and the chd in it's own gtfore06 folder and it works just fine.  It appears that maybe the iteagle.zip is renamed for this romset.

13 hours ago, Skip34 said:

I pulled the files from the archive org website for mame 0.185 non-merged roms and they have a gtfore06.zip which it turns out is the same as iteagle.zip.  I verified this by running the game w/ just the gtfore06.zip rom and the chd in it's own gtfore06 folder and it works just fine.  It appears that maybe the iteagle.zip is renamed for this romset.

Okay that makes sense.  I feel like i went through a similar situation before figuring it all out.  Are you all set then?  Need anything else?

I'm all set, thanks for the feedback it was greatly appreciated.  Excited to get this game going it's the main reason I started my first mame setup.  Just have to OC my g3258 and play w/ the dip settings now.

Archived