Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Help With Hardware On Arcade Cabinet

Alderik

Hi im new in the forum.

I am contstructing an Arcade Cabinet Machine. My idea is play arcade games from Nes to Naomi. Naomi is the top of game i want to play.

I have a pc gammer to test with gtx970 and 16gb rams and Naomi Runs great but i think this is tooo much in money and hardware for only recreative of this type

My question is what is the best hardwar fot the lowest cost to play Naomi with Full graphics  on the best fps.

RAM? VIDEO? and MICRO?

Sorry for my english i speak spanish and i do my best

Thanks for all for this comunity its look pretty cool

Nes isn't an arcade system. I assume you mean that you want to play systems from the early to mid eighties up until the mid 2000's?

Geforce GTX 570 or AMD equivalent would be the minimum for the later generations.
8Gb of RAM would probably be enough and any cpu with at least a dual core and clocked at 3.5Ghz (overclocking to over 4Ghz at least would be a must)

If you plan to include PS2/Gamecube games than the graphics card would be a bit on the low side but those are the absolute minimal requirements if I were to make such a build myself. I would probably go with a GTX950, not high-end by any means but surely better than the absolute minimum.

FPS isn't really a big deal when emulating, as long as you consistently keep the framerate the same as how it was on the hardware you are fine which is mostly 60FPS

Your English is fine, I've seen way worse and some people don't even try.

Archived