Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Launching a VM through Hypserspin

TITCHGAMER

Hey everyone!

I have recently managed to get Aliens Extermination working properly on my cab, Now I just need to get it to run through HS which is proving to be more hassle than I originally anticipated!

It runs through virtual box so I created a shortcut (.ink file) to it so it could be launched without going through the virtual box GUI which works fine.

But I can not get it to recognise it in Hyperspin when I create a new menu for it. Just tells me that the location does not exist.

Any help appreciated, Cheers guys.

1 hour ago, Taydeon said:

please explain the way you found... lol

Basically:

I went into the machine menu in VBox and clicked on the create shortcut button.
Then I right clicked on the new shortcut and copies the whole link out of the target box.
Next open a txt editor and paste the file patch into the text editor and save it with a .bat extension to make it a BAT file.

You can then link to that batch file through HS.

I found that if you manually input the file location in the batch file it will now work, But if you copy it from the target box under preferences it does, But it is followed by a huge number which is what I presume made the difference.

Hope that helps.

• 3 months later...
On 5/2/2017 at 7:48 AM, TITCHGAMER said:

Basically:

I went into the machine menu in VBox and clicked on the create shortcut button.
Then I right clicked on the new shortcut and copies the whole link out of the target box.
Next open a txt editor and paste the file patch into the text editor and save it with a .bat extension to make it a BAT file.

You can then link to that batch file through HS.

I found that if you manually input the file location in the batch file it will now work, But if you copy it from the target box under preferences it does, But it is followed by a huge number which is what I presume made the difference.

Hope that helps.

It's helped for me, but I still have an issue maybe you can help with.

When virtualbox launches it's everything is fine but when the VM desktop opens, it opens behind hyperspin. It keeps loading in the background bit hyperspin has focus. 

Do you have any advice on how you got around this issue? Or did you just not have it? 

11 hours ago, ANX said:

It's helped for me, but I still have an issue maybe you can help with.

When virtualbox launches it's everything is fine but when the VM desktop opens, it opens behind hyperspin. It keeps loading in the background bit hyperspin has focus. 

Do you have any advice on how you got around this issue? Or did you just not have it? 

I never had that issue that I recall sorry!

4 hours ago, TITCHGAMER said:

I never had that issue that I recall sorry!

Urgh!

Of course not, just me it seems.  I'll find a way i'm sure.  It's probably just my old PC is too slow.  I'm upgrading in the very neat future hopefully that sorts it out.

Thanks anyway 

23 hours ago, ANX said:

Urgh!

Of course not, just me it seems.  I'll find a way i'm sure.  It's probably just my old PC is too slow.  I'm upgrading in the very neat future hopefully that sorts it out.

Thanks anyway 

So my problem was that my AppWait in the PcLauncher.ini was incorrect and due to the sub applications that run when you start VirtualBox the focus window was wrong.  

This thread will help anyone having the same problem. 

• 8 months later...

i tried this method but im having a slight problem when click my bat batch file directly (double clicking) aliens and startrek work fine but when i launch the bat from rlauncher i get an error stating windows cant find my vm. can some one please help me with this. thanks

Archived