Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperLaunch 2 Module Missing Nintendo 64 .ahk File!

Bobtheaddict

Good afternoon everyone,

First and foremost, thank you for helping me with my issue. I have found the forums to be informative and user friendly. This is my first attempt with setting up HyperSpin and boy is there a lot to learn about configuring the system to work properly.  In any event, after a few weeks of working on HyperSpin, I have successfully renamed all of my files with Don's Hypertools, created a customized Main Menu.ini, System.ini, and other various files which needed to be edited in order for HyperSpin to work correctly.

My end goal is to have a working set for both Windows and Android systems. I have tested various platforms like Mame, Sony PlayStation, Sega Genesis, and Sega Master System which are working correctly. The only platform I am running into an issue is the Nintendo 64 system. When I try to launch any games for this particular platform, I receive the following error code:

Cannot find: C:\Users\Mike D\Desktop\HyperSpin Test Environment\Modules\Nintendo 64\Nintendo 64.ahk
You do not have a HyperLaunch 2 module for Nintendo 64. Please create one or check HyperList.

I have researched this issue thru the forums in order to rectify it myself, but I am not able to do so. According to this link

the issue I am running into is because I do not have Rocket Launcher installed and that I am using an old version of HyperList. I am simply trying to setup a vanilla version of HyperSpin without the use of Rocket Launcher. 

Question 1: Do I need to install Rocket Launcher to get the Nintendo 64 system to work in HyperSpin?

I have checked the version of my HyperSpin folder to see whether I am using an old version, but everything seems to be up to date. I originally installed HyperSpin 1.3.3 Full Install 1.3.3 from the following link 

and then installed HyperSpin (Upgrade) 1.4.16 1.4.16 located here 

So from what I can tell, I am using the most current version of HyperSpin. Can someone please let me know if I am missing anything?

Thank you for the fast response Thatman84! When I get time today I'll follow the install instructions by Avar. One question that I wanted to follow up on was utilizing Nintendo64 via android. Will the rocket launch install also correct the Nintendo64 emulator error that I am receiving "The emulator just flashes and goes back to the main menu screen" or is this a separate error which I have to work on "look at making Ini changes, ect". 

I know that the emulator and games are correct since I can run this emulator directly thru Retroarch. 

Thanks again for your help and I look forward to hearing back from anyone regarding my other questions. 

• 2 years later...

Archived