Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

PC Game Mapping

violentsingalong

Hello, Everyone.

Since they're pretty painful to figure out sometimes, I thought I'd share my PC game control mappings with everyone. Everything I use along with a google spreadsheet with notes is in a link below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6HDK020hAlibGN3WWZzSUdoUmM

A few things to consider:

• I use 95% default MAME controls on an IPAC4. I have remapped the ALT key as it was causing problems on Windows during 4-player button mashing sessions
  • As long as your inputs are keyboard-based, you should be able to change one copy of the the vjoy and x360kb files and replace them for most other games.
  • X360ce is tied to VJoy 100% of the time, so you should only have to change vJoy and everything else should be mapped out.
  • My IPAC4 key mappings are as below:

image.png.3bb86fe447d6d5235ae80acf6aac7cfe.png

I'm not sure what you're showing us here. Instead of just setting up & binding controls on a per-game basis you're using a single VJoy profile... or something?

The only PC games I've ever run across that seem to require VJoy to work are MKX and SFV (if you're using a keyboard encoder).

14 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

I'm not sure what you're showing us here. Instead of just setting up & binding controls on a per-game basis you're using a single VJoy profile... or something?

The only PC games I've ever run across that seem to require VJoy to work are MKX and SFV (if you're using a keyboard encoder).

Close! Sorry for not being entirely clear. Some of the games do require vJoy, but not all of them... there's a spreadsheet in the link provided that shows what methodology is needed to remap controls for a keyboard encoder. The folders I provided are the profiles I setup in vJoy, AHK, joy2key, etc.

Examples:

Angry birds games:
AHK used to rebind keys to mouse functions. Profiles based on IPAC4 and could be remapped for any mouse based game
(AHK profile provided)

The Blue Estate:
Used an AimTrak light gun. Buttons are Gamepad Buttons in AimTrak config. Used Joy2Key and AHK to map gamepad buttons to Switch Weapon [Left Button] and Reload/Cover [Right Button]
(AHK and Joy2Key profiles provided)

Mortal Kombat Komplete (MK9)
VJoy/X360CE profiles. Profiles are based on IPAC4.
Note: Used this method rather than x360kb because I want X360 icons (x360ce) and blocked keys (VJoy)
(vJoy profile and x360ce files provided)

I also provided the PCLauncher.ini file which shows where the EXE file is to launch each game, a AppWaitExe where applicable, as well as the Pre/Post launch programs (exe's I built to enable/disable vJoy) that need to be used.

Does that make sense? If it isn't helpful, no worries.. It would have just saved me a lot of time when I was first learning how to do all of this stuff.

• 5 months later...

Archived