Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Stuttering startup

richie_jones

Boot my cab from cold and my hyperspin  stutters during the intro and about 10 seconds into the wheel before performance picks up and it all looks ok.

My PC is fast enough I5 2500k GTX 780ti 8gb Ram Booting from ssd drive

I thought maybe windows is busy in the background so i downloaded a delay startup programme and set hyperspin to delay starting up for 30 seconds, to give windows time to sort itself out, and hopefully remove the stuttering.

But its exactly the same, if i quit hyperpsin and reload from the desktop its perfect..

No matter when it starts it stutters for the same length of time

I have removed all non essential programmes from running on startup.

Its almost like its the video drivers loading or something..

Any ideas 

Sorry griffin forgot to mention i don`t have antivirus..I`ve added an exception to hyperspin in windows defender, plus hyperhq and rocket launcher!!

It wasn't always like this but i dont remember when it changed.

I`ll try something like a boot logger maybe?

22 hours ago, richie_jones said:

Sorry griffin forgot to mention i don`t have antivirus..I`ve added an exception to hyperspin in windows defender, plus hyperhq and rocket launcher!!

It wasn't always like this but i dont remember when it changed.

I`ll try something like a boot logger maybe?

That counts as AV. :) Defender is what most of us have running. Did it fix the issue?

I also vaguely recall there being an issue with file ownership when your setup is copied between machines. I had this happen when I was transferring over my home network to a shared folder on my arcade machine. Any chance you've moved it to a new machine or Windows instance?

Try disabling Windows Defender, even when its not in use its still running in the background. WinAero Tweak will kill it fully. I find Defender a pain in the arse. It insists on still running and hogging resources even when you have anti-virus/firewall software

I don't use and refuse to use Windows Defender but Microsoft decides I need it and still runs in the background even when you insist it shouldn't run and don't even select it to run

WinAeroTweak stops it dead, plus a few other very useful tweaks.

Works with Windows 7,8,8,1 or 10. I'm using HyperSpin on Windows 10 and runs perfectly

http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.1836

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6911-winaero-tweaker.html

2 hours ago, griffin518 said:

That counts as AV. :) Defender is what most of us have running. Did it fix the issue?

I also vaguely recall there being an issue with file ownership when your setup is copied between machines. I had this happen when I was transferring over my home network to a shared folder on my arcade machine. Any chance you've moved it to a new machine or Windows instance?

All i copied across was the roms,  win boot logger was useless just massive list of files

Archived