Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

3DO - Project Phoenix Help

Tristeele

There is a new 3DO emulator out called Phoenix. It runs at 60 fps and works great with everything I've run. Can someone help me with the module for this? It shouldn't be much to change from the freedo as it looks very similar in setup. Thanks for any answer folks!

could this be the new emu freedo head developer has been working secretly? It has been discussed a few times on 3dozero forums and supposedly would be the best 3do emu when it's released. If so it's def worth a shot, but looking at it seems it's indeed just some sort of freedo hack.

Funny thing is that on the emulator site it says "the emulator has nothing to freedo" yet it uses the same registry keys for settings ummm

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, just found this emulator, runs great for me.

Question is, I heard it can run Crash n Burn, but it repeats the old 'Total Eclipse' demo over and over, like every other emulator. Did this emulator have a way around it somehow?

Thanks a bunch.

• 3 years later...

According to 4DO's compatibility list, there is only a couple of games that are unplayable as you can see here. Crash 'n Burn is at 90% playable on 4DO. The notes even state that "When selecting to start a race, sometimes the game will still reboot similar as it did before. Additionally, audio for video clips in racer selection screen sometimes improperly synced. The taunting preview of racers before starting a race also sometimes incorrectly super-imposes itself over screen elements." The only differences that I know of between 4DO and Project Phoenix is that 4DO uses some of FreeDO's source code while Project Phoenix has been coded from the ground up, allegedly. I myself haven't tried Phoenix because it seems the official releases are all in Russian and the only translated versions I've found have been either spyware or hacked up versions of the emulator. I've used 4DO since the early beta releases and it's only gotten better as time goes on.

4DO runs Super Turbo just fine as is. Not sure what bugs you are referring to.

In characters selection, the speed from 1 to 3 is off post-116547-142870664273_thumb.jpg

I may have been mean saying it has lots of bugs once the gameplay is OK, but in my 4DO, it has lots of flickers, zoom in/zoom out, I don't know why. Not in gameplay, but in the bios loading, main game screens, etc.

The placement of the speed indicators is the only thing that's remotely bug-like with Super Turbo. No idea what you are talking about with zoom in/out, etc...

The emulator seems to redraw the screen in bios and main game menus, loading screens, losing the focus and backing again to normal, I don't know why it happens.

Yeah I had no issues with 4DO with street fighter. And I agree with Brolly. Though they claim 99% I doubt it also. I would put my money on 4DO for being closer to 99% though I would think they are that either.

I haven't had time to try Phoenix yet. But anyone know of an English translated version?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived