Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Luxor ABC80 -Full Setup-craiganderson(20150104)

craiganderson

This stuff was sorta hidden in another thread (http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?38183-System-request-or-question) so I thought I would post it under it's own name in case anybody wants it. About 120 games with videos, wheels, module, bezel, etc. Bezel and Fullscreen should be working as well.

Everything should be available for download. Please let me know if anybody has any problems/errors etc.

go to

http://craigandersonthemes.weebly.com/

and scroll down and click "luxor abc80"

video

uTnNnBcgzcI

(flipper already fixed, fyi)

main menu theme

2015-01-04_9-43-07_zps481a8809.png

default game theme

2015-01-04_9-44-01_zps63e6d916.png

bezel

2015-01-04_2-55-26_zpsb2b19810.png

Thanks for your huge effort in completeing this small Swedish computer system.

Maybe I will try to translate some of the games to english and also find out or change what keys are used for different games.

Some games use W A S Z and another use J N M SPACE and other variations to control them, it would be easier to setup a profile in joytokey or similar if the games used the same controls.

You are welcome. I had fun putting the little theme/setup together. And there are some cool games on there.

Thank you for the .dsk images as I would have NO IDEA how to do what you did.

Some info on the computer for others....

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/doc.asp?c=37&st=1

http://www.pc-museum.com/luxor/index.htm

On a side note, you should share those .dsk images with oldcomputer rom site...I don't think anybody has them except you/us in this system.

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/roms/index.php...

Great stuff. There's something weird about the default game theme though. I can't seem to get any videos or images to show up in the theme even though they appear to be named properly as I just grabbed it from your setup.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. Something weird appears to be happening on my Hyperspin setup right now, nothing to do with you. Thanks again.

EDIT 2:

MESS is supposed to be able to run this system as well. But I cannot get it to load the .dsk images. But maybe someone smarter than me can get MESS to run this?

I can give it a shot. It does appear that the notes in MESS for the driver says a lot is apparently missing even though the console is set to "good emulation". No harm in giving it a shot.

http://www.progettoemma.net/mess/system.php?machine=abc80

Upon looking into it deeper, it cannot be emulated properly in MESS as there are some required BIOS files that appear to be bad dumps right now.

Weird...then how does it work (perfectly) on another emulator if those bios files do not exist? I am asking for real. To further my understanding. Thanks.

A) The other emulator may not be using MESS BIOS dumps.

B) MESS BIOS dumps can still sometimes function and appear correct in every way and still be a bad dump. All it takes is a single byte to be off, or the ROM being larger than it should be and it's labeled a bad dump.

I just played GLIPP with the keys mapped to joystick with joy2key and how nice it was to play with joystick instead of keyboard :)

I´ll se if I can remap keys within the games so they match GLIPP, I can´t change GLIPP as it´s machine code and I only know a little BASIC

Some games are for two players, but as the ABC80 can´t register more than one key at the time they are quite useless, but most of them can be played against the computer instead.

One thing: when I start a game from hyperspin the emulator window first start up to the left, moves to center of screen, loads game then loads the bezel.

Is it possible to hide the emulator, load bezel, show emulator and then load the game?

I just played GLIPP with the keys mapped to joystick with joy2key and how nice it was to play with joystick instead of keyboard :)

I´ll se if I can remap keys within the games so they match GLIPP, I can´t change GLIPP as it´s machine code and I only know a little BASIC

Some games are for two players, but as the ABC80 can´t register more than one key at the time they are quite useless, but most of them can be played against the computer instead.

One thing: when I start a game from hyperspin the emulator window first start up to the left, moves to center of screen, loads game then loads the bezel.

Is it possible to hide the emulator, load bezel, show emulator and then load the game?

I do not think you can change the order but there are setting in HLHQ to hide everything with FADE until EVERYTHING (game, bezel, etc ) is loaded.

in HLHQ....go to abc80....Settings > Fade-General > Fade In > Enabled (change to true)

you can also hide some stuff under abc80.... main settings > Desktop

So the module is working for you? loading games ok?

Cool. glad it is working. has your brother seen it yet?

If anybody tries it and all of the letters do not type out. Meaning they do not see the RUN GLIPP or RUN DEFENDER etc....we just need to go into the module and increase the sleep time to 4000 (4 seconds) or 5000 (5 seconds) etc....see below (its RED AND BOLDED)

MEmu = 
MEmuV =  
MURL = 
MAuthor = craiganderson
MVersion = 
MCRC = 
iCRC =
MID = 
MSystem = "abc80"
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Notes:

; 
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------

StartModule()
BezelGUI()
FadeInStart()

settingsFile := modulePath . "\" . moduleName . ".ini"
Fullscreen := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "Fullscreen","true",,1)
BezelStart("fixResMode")

SetCapsLockState, On

Run(executable, emuPath)

WinWait("ahk_class ABCWIN")
WinWaitActive("ahk_class ABCWIN")

Sleep, 100

WinMenuSelectItem, ahk_class ABCWIN, , Setup, Configuration...

WinWait("Configuration ahk_class #32770")
WinWaitActive("Configuration ahk_class #32770")

; loads selected game into drive 0
Loop {
	ControlGetText, edit1Text, Edit1, ahk_class #32770
	If ( edit1Text = romPath . "\" . romName . romExtension )
		Break
	Sleep, 100
	ControlSetText, Edit1, %romPath%\%romName%%romExtension%, ahk_class #32770
}
Sleep, 250
ControlSend, Button1, {Enter}, ahk_class #32770

WinWait("ahk_class ABCWIN")
WinWaitActive("ahk_class ABCWIN")

; centers emulator window
WinGetPos,,, Width, Height, aahk_class ABCWIN
WinMove, aahk_class ABCWIN,, (A_ScreenWidth/2)-(Width/2), (A_ScreenHeight/2)-(Height/2)

; types "RUN" and then types the name of the rom/dsk file
[color="#FF0000"][b]Sleep, 3000[/b][/color]
SetKeyDelay, 50, 50
Send, {R down}{R up}{U down}{U up}{N down}{N up}		
Sleep, 100
Send, {Space down}{Space up}
Sleep, 100
Loop, parse, romName
{
Send, {%A_LoopField% Down}
Sleep, 50
Send, {%A_LoopField% Up} 
} 

; hits the ENTER button
Sleep, 100
Send, {Enter down}{Enter up}

If Fullscreen = true
{
Sleep, 100
SetKeyDelay, 50, 50
Send {Alt down}{Enter down}{Alt up}{Enter Up}
}

BezelDraw()
FadeInExit()

Process("WaitClose", executable)
7zCleanUp()
BezelExit()
FadeOutExit()
ExitModule()

CloseProcess:
SetCapsLockState, Off
FadeOutStart()
WinClose("ahk_class ABCWIN")
Process, Close, ABC80.exe
WinShow, ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
Return

I am 46 and he is 50, the ABC80 was the first computer we used, then a brief contact with Vic20 around -82 I guess and then back to ABC80, after that from -84 to -97 I had no other computer than Commodore 64 :)

Both my brothers, the older and the younger had Amiga 500.

Maybe I have an issue with ABC80 in Hyperspin, can be something else, but after playing ABC80 games no other emulator work. Could be that I did something wrong in Global settings.

HLHQ may be stuck open in task manager

happens sometimes

but should not happen on regular basis with the module because

after the regular way the module closes the emulator

it also uses a process close command which is like closing the emulator in task manager (just to be safe)

but sometimes things get stuck

especially when setting things up, opening, closing, messing around with settings etc

at least in my experience this is true...

Cool. If anybody make a POINTER or DIFFERENT MAIN MENU WHEEL please share them on this thread or something and I will add them to the download. I do not use a pointer and I use the square/box main menu wheels but I would like to add them so others can use them.....thanks

craig

(same request for the other systems i helped put together as well..... :) )

Thanks Aorin1, I will try that pointer soon.

I have fixed a few games so that they will work with joystick.

You have to map the directions like this, remember CAPS ON when you program your keymapper.

Joy2key shows "P" even if you type "p"

Player 1:

Up - J

Down - Space

Left - N

Right - M

Jump, shoot - S, on prefered button

Brake and other - P, on prefered button

Enter - on prefered button

Player 2:

Up - R

Down - C

Left - D

right - F

Jump, shoot, break not assigned yet.

I have uploaded a few games in my FTP folder, download ABC80 joy.rar

I will continue to change every game that I can in alphabetical order and later I will try to translate some of the games, mostly instructions.

Just ran i to a little problem, I have setup the following:

Button 1 - S

Button 2 - P

Button 3 - Q

Button 4 - L

When I press Button 1 & 3 (S,Q) at the same time the bezel and background disappear, the ABC80 wheel comes back but the emulator still runs behind the wheel which means that the ABC80 profile for Joy2keystill runs.

How come S & Q pressed at the same time can cause this?

Edit: I was a little wrong, Joy2key switch to Hyperspin profile, but as the emulator already runs it doesn´t start again. And another thing is that ABC80 isn´t on top of everything, I have a mouse pointer.

Are either S or Q an EXIT key for you?

I don´t think so, but I changed Q to T instead and got around the problem that way.

Can you try to run ABC80 in hyperspin, hold down Q and then press S.

If nothing happens it´s my settings.

I don´t think so, but I changed Q to T instead and got around the problem that way.

Can you try to run ABC80 in hyperspin, hold down Q and then press S.

If nothing happens it´s my settings.

did the same thing for me

q and s forced me back to hypersin main wheel

my exit keys are combo of F and V so not from my exit keys

also i know it is not in the module....

Archived