Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Mame lightgun setup problem

Raccoon

I just got my EMS Topgun 3 lightgun and have it setup and it works fine in American laser games, but to set it up in MAME is a real pain.

I´ve made the changes to the ini file and now I´m trying to set the Lightgun X and Y with the gun.

After a few tries I managed to get the Y axis set, but every time I try to set the X axis it becomes either Gun 1 Y Gun 1 X or Gun 1 X Gun 1 Y.

Isn´t there a ini file for this where I could change that to Gun 1 X manually or do you have another tips on how to set this?

If I use the gun to steer the mouse cursor in windows I can make it reach each corner and the red pointer and cursor are aligned, but the cursor isn´t 100% stable, that could ofcourse be that it´s not so easy to hold it steady.

At last I succeeded in configuring the lightgun, but when I try to calibrate it in Terminator 2 I hit the calibration point wherever I point and press the trigger and there is no crosshair.

When the game starts it only shoots in the top left corner.

Don´t know which gun you have, but I found this guide for Aim-Trak, not the same I have but the procedure for MAME is the same: www.ultimarc.com/AimTrak%20Setup%20Guide.pdf

Start at page 11 and change your mame.ini (MAME/ini/mame.ini)

What I did wrong after that was that I started outside of the screen and then pointed across the screen.

Start with the gun pointed at the screen from the beginning.

Continue with page 12-16 and then have a look at the "Game specific settings"

I´ve tested Area 51 which worked fine, but haven´t succeeded with Terminator 2 (page 22) yet.

Archived