Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

LotarisPin - Standard Size - Two Monitors (40/26)

freezy

Fiddled around with "menu branding". I suppose you guys can guess what the theme of the pin will be :)

exitMenu1.pngexitMenu2.pngexitMenu3.pngexitMenu4.pngexitMenu5.png

However, does anyone know how overload the principal Exit/Shutdown menu? Those images aren't in my HyperPin/Media/HyperPin/Images folder.

Any hints appreciated!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The pics you made are put into: C:\HyperPin\Media\HyperPin\Images and with that "overrule" the standard menu.

Yeah those I got, but what about the Exit/Shutdown/Back menu when you start up HyperPin? Nothing like this in the folder you've mentioned.

Did you read this and downloaded the files from the link? Perhaps it then is clearer:

FPLaunch last version - 1.295 WIP 9:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bwxlu5jjral21wa

Don't forget to read FPLaunch manual!!!

FPLAUNCH MANUAL

Quick Installation Guide

Installation of latest FPLaunch is really easy - just unzip all files to your Hyperpin folder and move all png images to Media\Hyperpin\Images.

You can customize your keys and other options in Settings.ini file in Settings folder in [FPLaunch] section.

There is no need to recompile fplaunch after you change only options in ini file, but if you change ahk script you have to recompile with basic ahk (1.0.48.05)!

You can find more about each option in Long Installation Guide later in this manual or in fplaunch.ahk script.

Hi Ton,

I can only repeat myself: The exit menu when you press ESC in HyperPin is NOT in that package.

If you have a more specific link to a resource containing a solution instead of a general RTFM that would be very appreciated.

---Quote (Originally by freezy)---

The exit menu when you press ESC in HyperPin

---End Quote---

In this version of Hyperpin you *DON'T* use ESC, but you got to remap to "E" (reed the topic!!!)

And perhaps the names of your self made pictures have to be the same names of the pictures in the package.

Okay. Again. I'm not talking about the loading screens or the menu screens before/when playing a table. I'm talking about the menu screen that is displayed when you are in HyperPin while quitting HyperPin, if that's ESC or E or whatever mapping is completely irrelevant. My mind is completely capable of making a reference between a file name and an image, but the problem is that those images aren't there, hence no reference. And if it's still not clear, I'm not talking about the images I've posted.

So again, my question: For those specific (three) menu screens (not the others!), is there any other place, or are they compiled into HyperPin? And if so, is there a way to overload them?

Hi freezy,

Any chance you could share your SketchUp (skp) file ? I would like to make adjustments to your plans for my cab build.

By the way SketchUp is a great easy to use design tool. There are lots of models of pinball tables in the 3D warehouse. Its great for visualising your cabs dimensions before you build it.

Have you finished your pinball cab? I don't see a picture of the finished article.

Updated the first post with the link to the SKP file. Finally a few details ended up differently than the original plan, mainly the monitor suspensions. Maybe I'll update the plan and model to reflect the real deal one day.

Recently I added the cable for the electronic coin rejector, and it works. Really nice, you just put a coin into the holder on the backside and it'll verify all coins against that coin.

IMG_3198.jpg

Then I ordered some magnets (love that site!) and glued some to a bunch of spare PCB feet:

IMG_3187.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3189.jpg

Now the "treasure chest" perfectly glues into the cab and is easily removable.

IMG_3193.jpg

But no, the cab is not quite yet finished. Basically, what needs to be done is:

• Get the damn PBW accelerometer working (probably gonna ditch it for the U-HID+G)
  • Get the artwork finished and printed
  • Software tweaking. Once a table started it's good, but FP makes HP freeze on exit and even some VP tables just freeze or go into super-slow-mode. Seems like a real PITA.

But still, very playable!

IMG_3206.jpg

I'm using magnets to hold in my coin bucket too (a mini loaf pan) but I was going to just glue them straight to the bottom of the cab. Not sure if I have the clearance to raise them up on PCB feet, but that's a clever idea, makes things easier if you need to remove them for any reason.

• 2 weeks later...

So this week I got a new set of flipper buttons. Couldn't find white translucent pairs at 1-7/8", so I went for a pair of green and a pair of red transparent buttons. Mounted them and the play nice! :)

Now about the illumination behind. I actually still have no idea how people illuminate their flipper buttons, because the leaf thingie and screw nut cover nearly everything of the button and just on top is the contact, so the light has to come from the sides somehow.

Since I had still rests of the RGB LED strip, I've improvised some kind of lamp:

IMG_3208_zps67ffcaa1.jpg

So they're supposed to surround the back of the flipper buttons.

IMG_3227_zpsb96cc441.jpgIMG_3222_zpsb8f4495f.jpgIMG_3215_zps648864de.jpgIMG_3216_zps2b2f8b80.jpg

Success was moderate. The red button is lightish while the green looks more solid than illuminated. Will try to put some aluminium foil around those clamps to put more light on the buttons.

Then I got a UHID-G and an IPAC VE. Perfect timing since the Mot-Ion kit just went belly up. Either I'm unlucky or this is some incredibly bad piece of hardware, calibration nightmares aside.

The IPAC works as expected like a charm. With the UHID-G I played around a little. I calibrated it while mounted in the cab by shaking the cab during the Windows game controller calibration thing. Then I used the UHID config tool to move the cross into the center. In VP I'm at 300% gain and 30% dead zone. Still have to nudge quite hard to see an effect and there seems to be a delay.

If anyone else has tips, let me know, otherwise I'll try some more.

Also, since more and more tables went into "slow-motion mode", I've downgraded the Nvidia driver and that seems to have solved that problem (WTF?).

There was also some progress with the artwork, I hope that I'll be able to show something next week

I have a couple of sets of those (both true-leaf and micro leaf)and to me they just dont feel the same as proper leaf springs.. guess its just down to personal preference.

Sent from my mind, using the psychic friends network..

Thanks for the info, guys. Now you're mentioning it, I've seen those from groovegamegear, but for those I would need to re-drill. Also I'm quite fond of the way they play (however I must admit I've never tested the other ones).

It's already better than nothing, they're just not as bright as the other arcade buttons. Let's see if the aluminium foil can boost the light a bit more.

BTW, this is my 100th post! Can I post pics without being moderated now? :P

Archived