Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

SETTINGS: Android emulator settings

reznnate

Working on (My Boy!) GBA emulator :)

Got this line:

exe=com.fastemulator.gba/com.fastemulator.gba.MainActivity

But opens to the game menu, any idea's on how to get it to launch the game straight off???

I do not -- likely needs a secondary rom parameter for param=.   I suggest asking the developer.

Don't think you can with that version, but the newest alpha version can. (as of now roms have to be unzipped, probably for debugging reasons)

Do you know where I can get an .apk of the latest alpha version so I don't have to build one? 

Edit: nevermind... found it. 

Edited by dbowles1975

Try this line instead :)

org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity

Mupen 64 plus AE beta is available on the play store, there's a free version and a paid which is only £0.62 and well worth it!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm almost done with not using retroarch for all the emulators as I can't figure out how to even use it to begin with. The only ones I'm having trouble with is the Sega Genesis. I believe I got GameGear going finally but have to check later. But I'm curious about Atari Lynx.. Does alynx work with the ShieldTV or are there any other emulators to use other than retroarch for that system?

Also, I'm curious as I haven't seen a dos emulator mentioned anywhere. Has anyone gotten that going? I've been looking for the emulator settings for them but can't seem to find them noted anywhere. Thank you ahead of time!

• Upvote 1

I can't get MAME to work at all. I hit MAME and it just flashes and goes back to the main screen.

I've tried downloading Mame4Droid and using these settings:

rompath=Emulators/MAME/roms/
exe=com.seleuco.mame4droid/com.seleuco.mame4droid.MAME4droid
romextension        = zip
parameters=

Then I tried using RetroArch which has the following settings:
exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
parameters=mame_libretro_android.so

I've also tried mame2014_libretro_android.so and the others listed but nothing works. I have been able to get NES working with RetroArch.

Using NVIDIA Tegra, any help would be appreciative.

if you didn't already, double check that directories & names match(settings.ini, rom path, etc).

I don't know if it's just how it pasted, but make sure parameters = is on it's own line, & not on the same line as rom extension

check that your using the correct roms, as well as database that matches (.139) Try the rom in mame4droid. If it works, look in your database to see if your romname matches. If it does, then its a settings issue.

if you didn't already, double check that directories & names match(settings.ini, rom path, etc).

I don't know if it's just how it pasted, but make sure parameters = is on it's own line, & not on the same line as rom extension

check that your using the correct roms, as well as database that matches (.139) Try the rom in mame4droid. If it works, look in your database to see if your romname matches. If it does, then its a settings issue.

Yeah I've triple checked directories, everything is the same setup as Nintendo (which works), except MAME. Everything is on its own line as well. Roms work fine if I play them directly through mame4droid. All the rom names have been matched using Don's tools. Still doesn't list any of the roms sadly.

Both MAME Reloaded and Retroarch mame cores are working for me.

>> I can't get MAME to work at all. I hit MAME and it just flashes and goes back to the main screen.

I am assuming 'hit MAME' is you are attempting to launch a MAME rom from your Hyperspin wheel?   And when you say 'back to the main screen', this is the Hyperspin wheel again?

>> Still doesn't list any of the roms sadly.

What doesn't list?  You have no entries in your Hyperspin wheel?

Do you have any theme or rom_filters enabled?  

Is Hyperspin reporting an error?

Please be more specific about your error condition and what is happening.

Unfortunately, Hyperspin setup is very fragile and it's lacking good error messages.

Many, many things can screw it up (rom filters, rom extensions, rom path, filenames, themes, dbase.xml file).   

Earlier versions of MAME reloaded required you to set it's rompath.   I think the newest version works with Hyperspin without this setup (for me).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty much done or at a stand still right now with my hyperspin setup on my satv. I have the following going with no problems:

Atari2600, MAME, NES, SNES, N64, DS, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Color, GameCube, Sega Game Gear, Sega Genesis

I'm having trouble with the last 3 systems I'm trying to get going... I need to know basically everything, which emulator, the path and parameters needed for it to work.

Atari Lynx - Just need a working emulator other than retroarch and the path for it... alynx?

DOS emulator - Has anyone gotten one to work? dosbox?
SegaCD - launches emulator and crashes (maybe something to do with the parameter field?)

I can't get MAME to work at all. I hit MAME and it just flashes and goes back to the main screen.

I've tried downloading Mame4Droid and using these settings:

exe=com.seleuco.mame4droid/com.seleuco.mame4droid.MAME4droid
parameters=

Then I tried using RetroArch which has the following settings:
exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
parameters=mame_libretro_android.so

I've also tried mame2014_libretro_android.so and the others listed but nothing works. I have been able to get NES working with RetroArch.

Using NVIDIA Tegra, any help would be appreciative.

Hi, caffeinepills, are you still round here ?

Cause I had exactly the same problem as you and I solved it easily by downloading - in my case, via the Google play store on my computer - MAME4droid (0.139u1). Now everything works fine and I can even launch any game I want (previously, when I used MAME 2003 and MAME 2014 from RetroArch, some games would launch on one emulator and not on the other, which was a problem when using Hyperspin).

Hopefully this information will help someone else.

I have it so that the emulator launches but it brings me to the menu where I then select load and then the game. Am I missing something?

Thanks

I successfully set the Genesis / Mega Drive emu on my system. If you need it, I can share my .ini with you. Tell me.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty much done or at a stand still right now with my hyperspin setup on my satv. I have the following going with no problems:

Atari2600, MAME, NES, SNES, N64, DS, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Color, GameCube, Sega Game Gear, Sega Genesis

I'm having trouble with the last 3 systems I'm trying to get going... I need to know basically everything, which emulator, the path and parameters needed for it to work.

Atari Lynx - Just need a working emulator other than retroarch and the path for it... alynx?

DOS emulator - Has anyone gotten one to work? dosbox?

SegaCD - launches emulator and crashes (maybe something to do with the parameter field?)

Hi,

I have a problem with Atari 2600, 5200 and 7600 games that can't launch on my system : I'm using .bin roms, maybe the problem comes from this ? Would it be possible that you share your ini file with me, please ?

At the contrary, I have no problem with the Lynx emulator. Did you solve your problem or can I help you ?

Now I have to find a way to lauch Mega CD and PC Engine CD games : I didn't even find videos and config files for it, so I can't lauch any game. I have to find a fully working pack or at least to understand how Hyperspin works when you decide to create your own game list.

NOTE TO ALL : for the sake of all Shield users we have to keep this topic alive, so please come and give the most informations you can. To those who only posted one message or two, don't hesitate to come back and share your experience, even when your problem is solved ; this is how a community grows.

***NOTE TO ALL : for the sake of all Shield users we have to keep this topic alist ve, so please come and give the most informations you can. To those who only posted one message or two, don't hesitate to come back and share your experience, even when your problem is solved ; this is how a community grows.***

Really??? You should become a platinum member, that is how a community grows!!! If anyone has a problem message me and help you the best I can, but becoming platinum helps the people behind the scenes creating Hyperspin and making it better for everyone!!! Don't just take, give something back!!!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the information, I didn't know about the Premium accounts. I'll give money to support developers later, they deserve it.

But I'm sorry I have to tell you that your answer to my message is irrelevant. I talked about the community, about the fact that users should share their experience, give informations to other ones and not just expect to get answers to their questions and never come back in this forum. I never meant to ask people fund the development of Hyperspin, even if your intention is good that's another topic : we could give as much money possible, it won't help up set Hyperspin correctly on our Android devices, only its community will help ! ;)

I understand what you mean about an active community. Most of the questions with setting up are answered elsewhere on the forums, since this topic only deals with the port to Android. (It's assumed that you already have it working on the pc)

With a platinum account, you have unlimited access to artwork and themes, plus other interesting stuff on the ftp, as well as hypersync which will automatically sync & rename the files to match your roms. Videos can be found at emumovies.com. Again, a subscription allows you faster downloads and use of their syncing utility. Most will agree that a subscription will save you a LOT of time, but is not necessary.

If you want an Android front-end with minimal setup there is arc browser and gamesome.

I've been very busy, but I'll try to help the best I can.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if this will work for C64.emu:

exe=com.explusalpha.C64Emu/com.imagine.BaseActivity   ????

And for GBA.emu:

exe=com.explusalpha.GBAEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity  ????

Yes, I use :

exe=com.explusalpha.C64Emu/com.imagine.BaseActivity

romextension=T64,D64
parameters=

and this should work too

exe=com.explusalpha.GbaEmu

Just updated my settings files and will go test everything and report back.  The mame emu for Android TV I believe is for version 1.39.  Do you have to have a romset for that version or would a newer set work?  I've got mine filtered to the 500 or so games I want and didn't want to have to start over if possible. That will take many hours.

• Upvote 1

If your romset doesn't match, it's likely that some games (or many games) won't work.   See my other response on this topic.

The main reason I like Retroarch is that once you have it setup, it provides a uniform experience across all systems/wheels.

It's a little confusing at first since input aspects are a little abstracted but it's more powerful too.   For Hyperspin, I bind a button to exit Retroarch and return directly to Hyperspin.  It's pretty sweet.

Retroarch continues to improve and expand as well.   Dreamcast is coming soon.