Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Xpadder Question

SkyHighGam3r

There is something I've noticed here on the boards that is confusing me greatly, and I'm hoping someone can clear things up for me.

Xpadder

We all know this program is fantastic, maps the button press to a keyboard press.

It's beautiful.

What I have noticed though, is that it seems like everyone has ( in one way or another ) Integrated it into their HyperLaunch/RocketLaunch/Hyperspin.

My question... is WHY?

With how I have xpadder setup ( and I don't think I have done anything special ) I simply plug in whatever controller I feel like using ( NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, Gamecube, X360, X1 etc etc ) and instantly Xpadder has mapped the controls based on the profile I previously setup.

No fuss, no muss.

As it maps it to the keyboard, Xpadder is automatically set to play everything based on the keys I setup in each emulator.

So... since it is now as simple as plugging in any controller, to instantly control HS and whatever game i decide to play... what is the point of having the frontend/launcher do things like launching profiles or using a 'startup script' (whatever that is)

I just don't understand, and I really feel like I am missing something because Xpadder makes it 100% plug and play just like if you pluged your NES controller into your NES.

Help clear this up for me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

try to use your uniform key set up on an emulator such as Sega Model 2.

this emulator has fighter games, racing games,  gun games.

RocketLauncher has the ability to have System,  Emulator and Game specific Xpadder profiles.

each profile can be set to load the specific keys you need for distinct games.

Perhaps the arcade sensability is where I find I'm misreading the need for such settings.

I only emulate consoles from the NES era up to N64. (I have only two games in MAME, SegaSonic the Hedgehog and The Real Ghostbusters)

That being said, those consoles also have those genres, so I am still a 'little' distanced from fully grasping this.

I want to point out that I am not out to criticize anyone's setup here, just curious. For all I know I am missing out on some kind of cool feature that would help my build be even more fantastic.

the great thing about hyprspin/Rocketlaunher is that you can find multiple ways of doing things.

if you got yours to work with your settings, I don't think anyone can criticize or convince you that your system is wrong.

I have all my emulators running with their default keys, and use emulator specific Xpadder profiles.

I do not have a need to find a uniform key setup or a need to reprogram any keys for any of the emulators I'm running.

Aside from the ones that don't have default keys.

I hate playing arcade games with console controllers as much as I hate playing console games iwth arcade controllers.

thanks to Rocketlaunchers  system specific controller,  I can assign my specific controller to each system.  And load the correct Xpadder to my 

specific controller.

More modern games (n64 and up) should not be played with key presses.  Best example is Mario 64.  Try walking in mario 64 using a key press without a modifier key... its not possible, you will always run.  When an N64 game loads an xpadder profile is loaded that removes all the keyboard presses except for modifiers I put in for "exit" and that way the games are able to read all the axis / pressure sensitive key presses.  Same goes for all newer games  / emulators.  Then the beauty of the keyboard presses being assigned for older games is it allows for anyone using my system to grab any player 1 or player 2 controller of their choice (I have 360, n64, game cube, PlayStation, and the arcade control panel) and play those games.  

Archived