Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Request - Can someone share a clean XML database?

earthprime

I've noticed that many of the official XML database files return errors, especially when running CRC checks.  This makes it impossible to match my ROMs (10,000+) to the XML naming convention.  Can someone with a clean XML database (whose verified their CRC checks work) zip and upload their XML database to share?  The upload would only be about 200Kb.  Thank you in advance.

I am getting this error using the Gameboy xml file in the dons renamer tool: "Error opening your xml source list: an item with the same key has already been added. Odds are your xml file contains invalid characters, where you using rom2xml? if so that might be your problem"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was also getting this "Error opening your xml source list" on the Game Boy xml, and I found out what the problem is.

In the 1.2 Final Hyperlist XML there are several duplicates with different names like (Rev A) and the same CRC. Apparently Don's Renamer does not like double CRCs.

I guess this should be corrected for a "final" XML...

I have attached a fixed xml working with Don's Renamer, enjoy

Nintendo Game Boy.xml

I was also getting this "Error opening your xml source list" on the Game Boy xml, and I found out what the problem is.

In the 1.2 Final Hyperlist XML there are several duplicates with different names like (Rev A) and the same CRC. Apparently Don's Renamer does not like double CRCs.

I guess this should be corrected for a "final" XML...

I have attached a fixed xml working with Don's Renamer, enjoy

thank you, that worked

• 3 weeks later...

MY FIX FOR  "An item with the same key has already been added." when using Don's Hypert00ls 

Problem I ran into after many launches of the program and the main xml  eventually getting corrupted or confused!

when Running Don's Hypert00ls a few times it failed to launch the application and gave me the error above.

The fix for me was to go to my main Hyperspin databases folder, for me it was C:\Hyperspin\Databases\Main Menu and rename the "Main Menu.xml" to "Main MenuOLD.xml".

You will notice the folder will also contain previous backups of your Main Menu.xml files which Don's Hypertools created after saving and exiting when previously using the program.

Examples of previously backed up versions will be similar to this:

Main Menu_2015-10-11_11-06-41.xml (i.e Main Menu_Year,Date,time)

Main Menu_2015-10-11_11-45-50.xml

etc.

Rename one of the backed up Main Menu.xml files to "Main Menu.xml" and this should fix the issue!

If a newer backup does not work keep working your way through the list of older backups until you find one that is working.

Headache over!!   :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...

I was having trouble with Don's Renamer for the Acorn BBC Micro database - turned out it was one CRC duplicated twice.

The following Powershell script will locate the CRC that is duplicated, then you can do a 'find' in Notepad / ++  and delete the entries that are causing the fail.

To use it, save following in a file named FindDupeCRC.ps1 (or something), then run it in a Powershell window  - obviously you'll need to change the paths to the XML that you want to clean.

[xml]$XmlContent = Get-Content "C:\Hyperspin\Databases\Acorn BBC Micro\Acorn BBC Micro.xml"
$XmlPath = "menu"
$XmlNode = "game"
$Property = "crc"

$XmlContent.$XmlPath.$XmlNode.$Property | Group | Where {$_.count -gt 1}

I was having trouble with Don's Renamer for the Acorn BBC Micro database - turned out it was one CRC duplicated twice.

The following Powershell script will locate the CRC that is duplicated, then you can do a 'find' in Notepad / ++ and delete the entries that are causing the fail.

To use it, save following in a file named FindDupeCRC.ps1 (or something), then run it in a Powershell window - obviously you'll need to change the paths to the XML that you want to clean.

[xml]$XmlContent = Get-Content "C:\Hyperspin\Databases\Acorn BBC Micro\Acorn BBC Micro.xml"
$XmlPath = "menu"
$XmlNode = "game"
$Property = "crc"

There's nothing wrong with the database as its suppose to have the same CRC for two games as they resided on the same disk.

The issue is with dons tools not being able to cope with this.

There are complete packs around for these systems. ;)

There's nothing wrong with the database as its suppose to have the same CRC for two games as they resided on the same disk.

The issue is with dons tools not being able to cope with this.

There are complete packs around for these systems. ;)

I still had all my roms to rename though, and this sorted it for me :thumbsup:

...and I didn't know about the complete packs....    err,  could you give me a hint as to where those might be found?    I can't even find a full wheel pack for the BBC Micro.

Cheers

I still had all my roms to rename though, and this sorted it for me :thumbsup:

...and I didn't know about the complete packs....    err,  could you give me a hint as to where those might be found?    I can't even find a full wheel pack for the BBC Micro.

Cheers

That's because there isn't a full wheel pack for BBC Micro yet.

Rom packs are a different story, though you'll have to PM about those.

• 9 months later...
On 12/04/2016 at 8:43 AM, Cholsonic said:

The following Powershell script will locate the CRC that is duplicated, then you can do a 'find' in Notepad / ++  and delete the entries that are causing the fail.

To use it, save following in a file named FindDupeCRC.ps1 (or something), then run it in a Powershell window  - obviously you'll need to change the paths to the XML that you want to clean.

$XmlPath = "menu"
$XmlNode = "game"
$Property = "crc"

I found this very helpful, thank you.

Archived