Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyper arcade......

rust2dust

The amount and quality of those cabs and pins is pretty great. If they go out of business I'll buy a couple.

It's a cool idea. Much like the "pay to get in" arcades you used to find, but with the benefit of having tons of games through emulation. Problem is will an arcade work as a business these days?

Is this a legit place?  If so, they're begging to be shut down.  It looks amazing and I'd love to go there (and grab one of those hyperpin cabs!!) but it's absolutely illegal.

If they aren't charging to actually play the games, just charging them to be on the premises then they probably aren't breaking any law. Well other than having a bunch of emulated games, but who's going to go after them for that if they aren't actually charging people to play them?

How bizarre. From the name, I was expecting it to be a Sherlock Holmes themed arcade.

Also, 4:3 themes stretched to 16:9 = FAIL.

How can they avoid it when almost every theme we have is only available in 4:3?

Everybody is probably using mostly stretched 4:3 themes. Hypersync doesn't even have a 16:9 option...

Only 4:3 themes I use are the game themes in MAME as I have no option and I kinda like em ;)  All my other themes are 16:9 along with all my art.

You have 16:9 game themes for Model 2, 3, Naomi, atomiswave, Daphne, DICE, AAE etc...?

If so I'd like to get them from you to take a look (so long as they don't have any cart art in them). Just arcade systems though... I'm not interested in any console themes as I deleted all my console wheels and roms.

Interesting.

So you're using a single 16:9 monitor then? I still don't see how you're running your arcade systems in 4:3 without stretching the themes on a 16:9 monitor. Unless you're letterboxing your game themes? I'll take a look at your link. Thanks.

You guys really think that whoever goes there is going to notice 4:3 themes stretched to 16:9?? Whoever goes there is going to be in awe most likely as they will be people who have no knowledge of how to even play emulators on the PC in the first place.

Archived