Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

mouse pointer

C_Wilson009

Hey guys,

I just got an aimtrak lightgun for my arcade cabinet. (which is pretty sweet btw) It seems to bring up my windows mouse pointer unfortunately, and in game if I click outside of the screen in MAME to reload, it makes that windows "ding" noise..

Is there a way to get rid of this?

thanks

I have not setup or own any aimtracks so forgive me if this is redundant. But I beleive the aimtracks are installed and recognised by windows as mice. Individual games can take the cursor and display a "crosshair" of their own but only within the game screen (it cannot render crosshairs on the bezel). So this sounds like normal behaviour to me. The "Hide Cursor" option in RocketLauncher also allows for loading a custom cursor but I believe this is on a system basis not per game... not sure, never messed with these settings either but I would like to know too for if/when I do setup some guns.

The actual re-loading of weapons is another issue altogether. Some games will just refuse to configure right for offscreen reloading in which case I believe you can set 1 of the buttons on the gun for reload.

Hopefully someone who actually has these set up can chime in more.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are using bezels, then it is technically a window... if not, then I am not sure what to say. Do you have more than 1 monitor? HDMI to TV?

I am using bezels. I see the mouse pointer show up in Hyperspin as well though. Not just when Its in MAME.

Its just one TV in a cabinet

Yes, they are installed as mice and will look as such everywhere, we covered that.

When running the game though, mame does not like you going outside the window? Which you are doing if you are using bezels. Try disabling bezels and run in a true full screen. If that fixes it, you'll know the bezels are the culprit.

Sent from my SGH-I467M using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there a solution to keeping the bezel on and removing the "ding" error?  For example I'm playing Tempest where the spinner also acts as a mouse and every time I go to the far left or right and press the 'click' button to fire I get the 'ding' issue.  If possible I'd like to keep the bezel on tempest and other spinner games but remove the 'ding' when clicking outside the screen.  Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived